It's My Turn To Take Care Of You

Only Tears

Written by cheesebloo


Seulmi's POV:

"Do you remember your name ?" The doctor asked. I then nodded my head. "Kim Seulmi ~" The doctor then wrote something down on her clipboard. "Do you remember how old you are ~?" I then bit my lip. How old AM I ?? OMO ~ The doctor then smiled. "If you want we can skip that question ~" I then quickly nodded. "Please ~?" I said. She then smiled & she was about to ask another question, but...

Someone then knocked on the door. I looked up & saw a guy. He had short hair & it was colored brown with a section of bright orange towards the front of his hair. He had a weird choice of hair color but it matched him well anyways since he was beyond handsome. Both of his ears are pierced & I noticed he had two earrings on his left ear. The doctor then stood up. "Ne ?" She said. The mysterious guy then jabbed his thumb behind him. "I'm here to see Kim Seulmi... The other doctor said... I could come in ?" he said.

"Are you friends with her ?" the doctor asked as she walked towards him & handed him a clipboard & a pen. He then nodded & sat on the seat next to the door frame. The doctor then walked towards me. "Do you remember him ?" I then looked at him & watched him write.

Chunji's POV:

The doctor gave me a clipboard & asked me to fill out the basic information. "If you dont know some, that's ohkae." she said. "Fill it out as much as you can ~" I nodded my head as I walked over to the chair next to door frame. I filled in all the boxes. To her name, her age, her birthday, her blood type, I answered every question.

While I was writing, I felt someone staring at me. I looked up to find Seulmi looking at me. I smiled at her & she smiled back & looked at the doctor. I then noticed the stitches on the top right of her forehand & the small scratches on her arms. I sighed as I went back to writing. Once I was done I walked over to the doctor who was already standing up. I handed her the clipboard & she accepted it. 

"May I talk to you first ?" She asked. I then nodded & she took me outside. She closed Seulmi's door & faced me. "Is she ohkae ?" I asked. The doctor then nodded. "She has a few scratches & a sprained wrist ~" she said. "Are you her friend, a really close friend or her boyfriend ?" I was taken a back from the question. "Umm... close childhood friend." I said. She then nodded again & looked back at her clipboard & then back at the one I wrote.

"She still knows her name & some basic information about herself, like her blood type, the day & month she was born & so on. She remembers what school she attended & is currently attending, who her parents are & a few people." She then took in a deep breathe & I started to feel nervous. "I asked her if she remembers you.... She said she never saw you before & today was the first time she saw you."

I then felt my heart drop as she continued. "I believe she'll have post-traumatic amnesia. we'll let you know once we're for sure. For now, try & help her remember things that happened, like bring her to a place you both usually go to or tell somethings about yourself. Re-introduce her to people she might've forgotten. It'll help her ~" I then nodded as I bowed. "Gamsahabnida ~" I said. The doctor then nodded. "She must be special to you huh ?" she asked. I then looked at the doctor. "Ne ?" I asked confusedly.

She then smiled as she showed me the clipboard. "It looks like you know almost everything about her." She then chuckled alittle. "Are you sure she's not your girlfriend ?" I then shook my head alittle. "Aniyo ~ She's not my girlfriend." I said. "She is someone special to me though -- she's been my bestfriend since elementary so ~" The doctor then nodded as she smiled alittle. "Once she gets discharged... Take care of her. Help her remember the times you both spent together even though for now... Only you remember them. It'll come back to her eventually. Just have hope ~" she said trying to cheer me up. Sadly... I didnt work. I then bowed as I thanked her again & soon she left.

I sighed as I slightly opened the door & saw Seulmi looking around the room. The words the doctor told me not to long ago echoed in my head. 

"I asked her if she remembers you... she said she never saw you before & today was the first time she saw you." I sighed. She forgot about me... She... actually forgot about me. I honestly felt like crying. My heart felt really heavy. My bestfriend, the person I started to develop feelings for since the 6th grade, forgot about me. I closed the door again as I felt tears forming. I crouched down as the wall supported my back & I started crying. I cant believe this is actually happening.

Seulmi's POV:

Once the doctor was done asking questions, the really handsome boy came & gave her back the clip board. They both then walked out the room, leaving me here. I then looked around the room & my eyes landed on the IV stand. How did I get here anyways ? I closed my eyes then started to think & all of a sudden I started to get flashbacks. I saw a bright light then a pole. My ears started to ring too.

I quickly opened my eyes once I heard the door open. I looked at the door & it was that handsome guy again. He looked at me & smiled alittle as he closed the door behind him. His eyes were alittle puffy like he's been doing nothing but cry. "Hey..." he spoke. He has such a nice smile... "Hey ~" I said as I smiled back at him. He then sat on the available seat next to the bed. "How do you feel ?" he asked.

"Good..." I said. He then smiled then looked down. "That's good..." he said as he looked at my left wrist. "Is your wrist still hurting ?" I then brought up my left hand & felt a wince of pain. I then looked back at him. "When I move it... It hurts alittle ~" I said. He then nodded his head as he looked down. He then sighed as he looked at me. "By any chance... Do you know who I am ?" he asked. I looked at him & slowly shook my head. "No..." I said. "I dont..."

He then nodded his head. "Of course you dont" he said quietly. I then pouted. I then started to feel bad. I dont know why... I just did. "I'm sorry ~" I said. He then looked at me confusedly as I pouted. "& Why are you sorry ?" he asked. "Because I dont know who you are..." I simply stated. He then smiled alittle as he grabbed for my hand. He then then lifted my hand & placed the cornor of his lips next to the back of my hand. Even though it hurt, I just let him be since... he was cute. He then looked at me & I can honestly feel my face becoming warm. "You dont have to be sorry..." he said. "It's not your fault."

I smiled alittle as I tried to hide my already burning face. "Do you know who L.Joe is ?" He asked. I then looked at him & shook my head. "Who's that ?" I asked. He then smiled. "Another friend of ours" he said. I blinked. "Ours ?" I repeated. He then nodded. I looked at my hand, which was close to his lips. I then looked at him. "You never told me your name..." I said. He smiled. "Lee Chanhee is my full name..." he said. "Chunji is my nickname -- You & I made it up together when we were in Middle School."

I then looked at him weirdly. "We did ?" I asked. He nodded. "By any chance..." I began. "Were we together ? Like ever ?" He then chuckled alittle & shook his head. "No ~" he said. "Well... not yet anyways."

(Listen as you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5DUCf2ueXk get the feel of the sadness :D)

"Not yet ?" I questioned. I tilted my head alittle. What does he mean ? "Dont worry Seulmi..." he said. I then looked at him. "I'll do anything just for you to remember who I am in your life... Araji ?" I then nodded as his eyes got all teary & those tears eventually dropped. Ohkae... Handsome guy is crying... now I feel really bad... maybe even worse then before. Just freaking great ~

"You're crying ~" I said awkwardly. I then let go of his hand & took a box of tissues that were next to my bed. I then took some & started to wiped his tears away. "Why are you crying all of a sudden ?" I asked. He then made me stop wiping his tears & he wiped it away himself. Just then, a nurse came in & looked at us. "Seulmi ~ It's time for you to rest ~" she said. I then nodded as she checked th IV packet & the steam machine. She then looked at the handsome guy. "Sir you can leave now so that she can rest ~" She said. He then nodded. "Ohkae ~" he said. "I'll leave soon then ~"

The nurse then nodded as she dimmed the lights then left. He sighed as he looked back at me. "If you want me to leave... I'll leave ~" he said. I looked at him not knowing what to say next. "Did you come here alone ?" I asked. He then shook his head. "Remember that L.Joe guy I mentioned earlier ?" I then nodded my head as i remembered alittle information about that mysterious guy. "Yeah ~ He's visiting Raerim ~"

I then nodded. "He's our friend... right ?" I asked. He then smiled alittle & nodded. "Go sleep ~" he said. "I'll leave after you fall asleep ~" I then nodded as I looked the other way & closed my eyes & started to fall asleep.

Chunji's POV:

Once she fell asleep, I rested my elbows on my knees & started to cry silently. Not only looking at her laying in a hospital bed hurts, but her not rememebering anything both her & I shared, not remembering me... This is like a double... no... triple kill. I then started to remember the times we both shared together. Like that one time when she had a bad grade on a math test & she started feeling depressed about it. I took her out for the whole day the next day & I also helped her study since I was good in math. Once she took the make up test... she told me she passed & on the same day, she took me out to eat. Then that other time when we both did that 1000 piece puzzle, Raerim was home alone for 4 days straight.

But there was one memory we both made that ultimately made my tears roll down nonstop. 

*Flashback*

I've been going through a really tough time & my only escape was going out & played basketball. That day happened to be raining... but i didnt care, I played anyways. I played in the rain for a good 30 minutes & the rest of the time, I just sat down on the court & cried. I didnt tell anyone where I was going, what was I doing. I left my phone at home so that no one would bother me. For the whole time I sat there, I cried like the silly boy I was. I expected no one to come... until....

"Lee Chanhee ~!!" I heard someone call out my name. I slowly turned around & saw Seulmi jogging towards me while holding an umbrella. Seulmi ? How does she know... Once she got to me she put the umbrella over us. "Ya ~" she said. "What are you doing out here ? You're going to get sick ~?"

I didnt answer her. I then stood up & looked at her. "How did you know..." She then cut me off. "You idiot, i know all your sulking places." she said. We then stood there for a while until she spoke again. "I had a feeling you had a bad day so I went & check up on you. L.Joe said you went out not to long ago. I then tried calling your phone but you wouldnt answer. I then thought of one place I'd think you'd be & It was here. I was right ~" she said she then started to look like she was about to cry. "You really had me worried ~" she continued. I then pulled her into a hug & I held on her tight. She dropped her umbrella & eventually she got wet too.

"I'm sorry ~" I said. "I'm sorry I worried you so much..." I then heard her sniffed. "If you had a bad day, you know you could always come to me" she said. "We can go through it together." I then nodded as I held her closer to me.

That same week, I got really sick & she took care of me. She didnt want L.Joe to take care of me because she was afraid that he'll make me even more sick. So she stopped by everyday & took care of me. She would stay till up until 12 in the morning, go back to her place then come back at 8am. I apologized for being such a hastle, but she said she didnt mind & she liked taking care of me.

*End of flashback*

The more memories i remembered sharing her, the harder I cried. I still cant believe she completely forgot about me. I tried to stop reminiscing because my heart started to hurt so much to the point where I just want to just stand in front of a bus & die right in the spot. But i just couldnt. Still asleep, she face towards me. In a way, Just looking at her calmed me down alittle but the tears still kept on flowing. I then leaned back & watched her sleep as my tears continued to roll down my face.

It's my turn to take care of you...


cheesebloo: Awwwww -- Chunji is so... ;w; Makes me cry.... Hahah ~ Do you all feel the sadness ? Do you ? Haaa ~ Go feel it ~ xD

nihkchar: awwww, Chunji! Why you gotta do this to me? T^T ahhh.. just reading it makes my heart feel heavy~ if you felt the sadness, you should comment or subscribe~ kekeke~

cheesebloo: OMO ~ & ignore the spelling & comments too :D

*Comment & Subscribe ~