The Boy Next Door

Only Tears

written by nihkchar


Raerim's POV

"I can carry it," I said once we opened the trunk to get our bags. "No, just go up and unlock your door." L.Joe said as he picked up my bag. "Fine." I started walking, but I soon stopped and turned back around. "What floor is our apartment?" I asked.

L.Joe sighed. "Second floor, number 202." I nodded and started walking with Seulmi behind me. As we were walking up the stairs, the door of 201 opened up and out came a boy whose face resembled a little boy, but his body looked like he was our age. He stopped and looked at both of me.

"Noona?" His gaze switched from me to Seulmi in the back. "Seulmi noona?"

"Noona?" I questioned. "Uhh... Do we know you?" 

Before he could answer, L.Joe and Chunji caught up to us on the stairs. "What's the hold up, Raerim?" L.Joe asked as he looked up to see the boy at the top of the stairs.

"It's me, Changjo." The boy said. "Your guys' neighbor?" 

 

L.Joe's POV

I watched as Raerim stared at this Changjo guy, contemplating. If she doesn't remember me, she can't possibly remember him, right? I continued watching as her eyes grew big with realization. "Wait~ Changjo... You helped me and Seulmi move in." He smiled at me. "Neh." She smiled back at him. "I remember~"

I took a sharp intake of air. I felt a tightening feeling in my chest like something was squeezing all my insides together. She remembers him? How?

 

Chunji's POV

I looked to Seulmi who was looking at Changjo. Do you remember him? I asked in my head as I watched her. And as if she heard my question, she snapped her finger. "Ahh~ I remember." She said.

Pang!

I clutched my chest as my throat tightened. She remembers him...? I looked up again to see them explaining why they were gone so long.

"Uwah~ are you guys ohk now? You really don't remember anything?" He asked.

"No. We remember some things. Just not all," Raerim said. He nodded his head. "But you guys really do remember me, right?" He pouted.

Both Raerim and Seulmi looked at each other and then hugged Changjo. "Awwwwwww~ of course we remember you, Changjo. We would never forget you." They said. 

Another stab in my chest. I think I heard it stab L.Joe too so I looked to the side and I saw that he dropped Raerim's bag. I looked back up to see Changjo smiling widely at them. Then Seulmi pinched Changjo's cheek. "Aigoo~ I forgot how cute you were when you smile." she beamed.

I touched my cheek and pouted. I'm cute too...

 

Raerim's POV

I smiled at Changjo. Although I didn't remember much about it, I do remember his face and his name. But when I saw him smiling at me, I couldn't help but smile back. He has such a handsome smile~

I looked back to see the guys staring at the floor and decided we should head into our apartment. "Gaja~" I said and took out the keys from my pocket. "Before those two fall in love with the floor and start making out with it." I walked to our door, unlocked it, and then stepped inside. When I the lights and looked around, the place looked vaguely familiar. But I still didn't remember much.

 

L.Joe's POV

I entered Raerim and Seulmi's apartment after them and that Jochang guy. That's what his name was, right? ... Forget it. Why should I care? I watched him as he walked over to their couch and sat down. I leaned in closer to Chunji. "Look at him... Acting like it's his house." I scoffed and dropped Raerim's bag.

Then I walked over to the other side of the couch. I sat down and put my legs up on the coffee table. If anything, this house is more mine than his. Just then, Raerim came over. She slapped my leg down. "Ya~ get your filthy feet off my coffee table, freak."

I looked to the side to see that wanna-be cute guy trying to hold in his laugh. Seulmi then came from the hallway. "By any chance, would you guys know where my room is?" She asked.

The guy on the other side of the couch was about to get up when Chunji spoke up. "Here~ I can show you." He gestured for her to follow him and so she did.

While that happened, Raerim walked to their fridge and opened it. "My fridge is empty... WHY IS MY FRIDGE EMPTY?!"

"I don't know. It's your fridge." I said. The guy then got up and walked to Raerim. "Noona~ I was just gonna go down and check for mail, so why don't I go to the store and buy you your groceries?" Raerim shook her head. "You don't have to. Seulmi and I can go later."

He pouted. "But noona~ you always took care of me, so now I have to take care of you. You have to let me, I want to." Raerim smiled and pinched his cheek. "You're so sweet, Changjo. Gomawo." She started writing down things on a piece of paper. I got up and walked over. "I'll go too." I offered. Raerim looked up. "Waeyo?"

"I can't let Jochang--"

"Changjo~" He interrupted.

"I can't let Changjo carry all those groceries."

Raerim pursed her lips and then handed the piece of paper to Changjo. "Changjo-ah, please, get all these. And then if you see anything you want, get it too. Ohk?" Changjo nodded. Then as Raerim was handing me the money, Chunji walked in. "What's going on?" He asked.

"We're going to go get groceries." Changjo answered.

"I'll go with you guys~"

"No. You stay here with Raerim and Seulmi." We walked out the door. "We'll be back soon~" I said as I closed the door.

 

Changjo's POV

While walking to the supermarket I found out the guy's name was L.Joe. Other than asking him for his name, we didn't talk. When we arrived at the supermarket, L.Joe grabbed a cart. "Do you want me to push the cart?" I asked. He shook his head. "No. Just get whatever's on the list."

After getting some meat and vegetables, I went wandering down the sweets aisle. My eyes landed on the box of hello pandas. "Aren't these Raerim's favorites?" I unconsciously asked out loud. 

"She likes the strawberry ones."

I looked up to L.Joe. "Mwoh?"

He pointed to the box of chocolate hello pandas in my hand. "She doesn't like the chocolate ones." I put the box back on the shelf and got the box of strawberry hello pandas instead. Every time I picked up something to put in the cart, L.Joe would either say "Raerim hates those" or "get the other ones". We got everything on the list and we were now looking at the ice cream section. I was contemplating on which one to get, but knowing L.Joe, he'd correct me. So I went for the safest one. Vanilla.

"Raerim would want neapolitan," L.Joe said.

I craned my neck as I put back the vanilla ice cream and got neapoitan. After I put it in the cart, I smiled up at L.Joe. "You seem to know a whole lot about Raerim huh, hyung?"

"I guess," he answered. "I'm her best friend."

"Seulmi's her best friend." I corrected.

"Best guy friend."

I bit down on my lip. Best guy friend? I looked at L.Joe again. "Do you like Raerim?"

He started coughing. "Mwoh? Waeyo?"

I just shrugged. "Well she's pretty, smart, and kind. It'd make sense if you liked her." He just looked at me weirdly. "Do you like her?" I asked again.

"No," he said. Then he looked back me. "Do you?"

I smiled and started scratching the back of my head, "well it's kind of hard not to. So if I say yes, can you not tell her?" L.Joe nodded slowly. "Sure..."

I smiled wider and took the cart from him. "Gaja, hyung~ before Raerim noona starts worrying."

"Sure..."

 

Raerim's POV

I looked at the time on my phone. Where are they? Why are they taking so long? Did something happen? I hope nothing happened to Changjo... I looked at the time on my phone again. L.Joe you better protect Changjo!

Just then the door opened and Changjo and L.Joe walked in. "Ya~ Finally. I was getting worried."

L.Joe then laughed as they set the grocery bags down. "You? Worrying about me? Well that's a first." I made a face at him and then walked over to Changjo. "Not you. I was worried about Changjo." I looked to see Changjo smiling at me. "Don't worry about me, noona. I can take care of myself. I should be the one worrying about you." I smiled back at him. Aigoo~ he's so sweet.

"Whatever," L.Joe said as he made his way to our couch again. Chunji and Seulmi then came in. "Oh, we have groceries now."

"Noona," Changjo said. I turned to him. "I have to go home now. I got to hand in the mail and my mom's probably wondering where I've been."

"Ahh~ arasseo. Bye, Changjo."

"Bye, noona." He said as he stepped out the door and waved. I waved back. I miss him already though~ I walked over to my couch to watch whatever L.Joe was watching.

"Ya~ aren't you guys gonna help us put away the groceries?" Chunji asked.

"I did the shopping," L.Joe said, not taking his eyes off the tv.

"I'm... just lazy," I said and continued watching.

 


nihkchar: ooooooh~ Changjo's in the story :3 he's so cute! :D

cheesebloo: Aigo ~ I really want to pinch his cheeks ;~;

nihkchar: also, Changjo's profile is now on the forward. So, go look at the forward and see his cute face. Subcribe and comment :3