Getting Closer

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

*Author's POV*

Autumn season finished rather quickly then everyone expected. Chaerin didn't really give a damn about it, though. She was very busy with her job and also having this Mister Star who nearly called her everyday. Not that she found it annoying, she rather enjoyed it to be honest.

 

Star was a nice, lovely person. He loved to joke around and sometimes succeed to make Chaerin "alive" again from the exhausting day. Somehow, she felt that she have known Star for a long time already—which made her more curious to what does he look like.

 

This Winter was colder than the last one. Chaerin grabbed her scarf and car key then went out from her condo with her mobile phone sandwiched between her left ear and shoulder.

 

"I'm going to the ice rink in city hall. Why?"

 

"I just want to give you a live update of me and my girlfriend."

 

"You do sound like a presenter for the news update, Star." Chaerin chuckled.

 

"Oh, you said you are going to the ice rink in city hall?"

 

"Yes, why? Wanna join me?"

 

"Of course no. You can't know my real identity," Star joked.

 

"And why is that?"

 

"Stop it. We have gone through this conversation for a hundred times already!" and both of them laughed.

 

Chaerin then drove to the city hall, she was actually going to meet up one of her clients who called her yesterday. She had already tell her that it was better to meet up at a quiter place, but her client kept on pushing to meet in the city hall's ice rink. She didn't have other choice.

 

Going back to this place after awhile really made her miss the times with..... Changmin. The place is always crowded every year.

 

 

Chaerin sighed and sat on the bench near the ice rink. She could see couples, children, family all over the place.

 

It's going to be a lonely Christmas this year, she thought to herself.

 

After waiting for about 15 minutes, her client suddenly canceled the meeting out of sudden and quite disappointed Chaerin when her client said that her wedding were canceled. She didn't like the feeling of getting disappointed in such a sunny morning, though.

 

From the corner of her eyes, she saw a boy coming towards her and suddenly tugged at her arm. "Let's play!" he smiled bigly to her.

 

"Play?" she was shocked. The boy nodded his head at her. "B-but I don't have any skates."

 

The kid brought his other hand from behind and showed her a pair of skates. "Hyung asked me to play with you, so he rent this for you!" the kid said excitedly.

 

"Who's your hyung?"

 

"Secret!" he said cutely. "Let's go, noona!" the boy pulled her arm after Chaerin tied her skates.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

*Chaerin's POV*

I was having a hard time keeping up with this boy whom I didn't even know his name of. He was sure a great skater and somehow, his side profile reminded me much of Changmin. Ugggh why couldn't he get off of my mind?

 

"Noona watch out!"

 

I focused on the road again and just waited for the impact of the bump, but suddenly a man pulled me into his direction. His embrace was so warm and comfortable.

 

"T-thank you," I said and was about to look up to see his face, but he spun me around quickly, not letting me facing his chest and let his gripped off of me.

 

I looked to my back and didn't even see the slightest of him. I sighed.

 

What just happened?

 

I went to the side of the rink and searched for the little boy, but to no avail couldn't find him anywhere. The pain started to take control on my head when I thought more about what just happened. Today sure is weird.

 

Taking off my skates, I put it back to the rent place and hopped to my car. I decided to satisfy my thirst with a cup of hot chocolate coffee that never failed to amaze me.

 

Done ordering, I chose to sit at the back of the cafe—the quietest place. Putting on my earphone and let myself relaxed on the music while looking around the café. It seems that every place that I go in Seoul will make me remember about the past.....

 

His head was on top of my head which was resting on his shoulder. Our breaths were in the same rhythm. How his hand perfectly fit in mine... I just didn't want this to end.

 

The café was extremely quiet since everyone was outside, celebrating the changing of the year. Changmin and I decided to stay in our seats and enjoyed the time together.

 

"We should do this again next year," he said and kissed my head.

 

"It's still a long time." I looked up to see his brown eyes bored into mine.

 

He leaned in forward and replied me with a chaste kiss. "I'm blessed to have you in my life."

 

"Me too." I smiled and snuggled closer.

 

It was really hard for us to find for a free time since we were both busy with our works. But in that night, we spent our times talking and snuggling into one another. All that I could feel is warm and love despite the coldness of Winter outside.

 

The vibration of my phone woke me up from my reverie. The word 'Star' flashed on the screen and unconsciously, a smile crept up onto my face.

 

"Hi, Star."

 

"You have been thinking about him again, are you?"

 

"How come...?"

 

"Your voice. There is sadness in it."

 

I smiled weakly. "Sometimes I wonder who is the love consultant here."

 

Star knew about me still liking loving Changmin up until now. I didn't know what have gotten into my mind when I told him that, but I just had that feeling; the feeling that I trusted him and I knew that he wouldn't tell it to anyone.

 

He laughed on the other end. "Of course it's-"

 

"Chaerin-ssi?"

 

I lifted my head up. "Oh, YeonHee-ssi."

 

"YeonHee?" I heard Star said it with a somehow confused tone.

 

"Uhh, I'll contact you later, Star. Bye," I said and hung up on him.

 

"Chaerin-ssi, what are you doing in here all alone?" she sat on the vacant seat once I gestured her to take a sit.

 

"Just grabbing a cup of hot chocolate coffee in this cold morning." I chuckled. "What about you, YeonHee-ssi?"

 

"Just drop the formality and call me YeonHee. Well, I'm chilling out just like you," she said and sipped on her tea.

 

"Oh by the way," she paused and took something from inside her purse. "Please come to my birthday party this Saturday." she handed me the invitation card. It was embroidered beautifully and had this high class aura.

 

"Thanks for inviting me. I promise that I will come."

 

"You have to! You don't know how happy I am to finally meet you in person. I really love your work to make someone's wedding extravagant!"

 

We then talked together, getting know each other. In a matter on time, we got along pretty well together.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

*Author's POV*

 

A man in his car furrowed his eyebrows seeing the two women got along well. They seemed to enjoy each other's company much.

 

"Yo, where are you?" was the thing he heard when he picked up the call.

 

"Not too far from the office, why?"

 

"Come here, quick! Don't you remember that we are going to have a meeting about the DSL?"

 

He sighed and massaged his temples. "Okay, okay, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes."

 

"Good," the other replied and hung up.

 

The man sighed and looked at his phone. He scrolled through his contacts and stopped at the name 'Chaerin'. He nearly pressed the 'call' button but then decided to push back his thought. Looking into the two ladies for the final time, he drove away from the parking lot.

 

"I have to go now, Rin, work is calling," YeonHee said sadly after reading a message from her manager.

 

Chaerin looked at her watch. "Oh wow, we have been talking for about an hour already! I need to get back to my office too."

 

"It's nice talking to you, Chaerin-ah. I'll be going first then."

 

They bid goodbye to each other and went separate ways at the parking lot. YeonHee smiled satisfyingly when she sat on the driver's seat.

 

"Keep your friend close..." she paused and checked her look on the rear-view mirror. "... And your enemy closer."

 

~ * ~

 


 

So sorry for not updating for a long time! Having writer's block for all of my on-going stories ;___;

Hoping that you readers and subscribers are still with me.