Broken

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

*Author's POV*

News of the incident happened in the famous Lee YeonHee's birthday party was spread right away like a virus. Every news & gossip TV programs were serving up the same topic.

 

Some of the people believed that Chaerin pushed YeonHee down, but some of them did not. YeonHee, being the victim, said that Chaerin didn't push her to the pool and kept on defending her. However, Han Chaerin's haters kept on getting bigger and bigger every day.

 

The said suspect, Han Chaerin, hadn't seen out of her condo/apartment since the incident. And she was losing many clients due to this. She closed herself from the outside world and refused to being interviewed. Her friends tried to contact her but she didn't pick up her phone.

 

"Han Chaerin! Open this door right now!!" Junsu kept on banging his fist to her apartment door. Nevertheless, there wasn't any reply from inside.

 

Frustrated, Junsu ran a hand to his hair. Yoomi tried to calm him down. "She's not going to answer, Su. Just give her a time."

 

"She's been locking up herself in there for a week, Yoomi-ah!"

 

"We can always get back later, Su." JaeJoong patted his shoulder.

 

Just when they were about to leave, the sound of a door being opened heard. They immediately snapped their head back to her apartment door.

 

There, stood weary Chaerin with red puffy eyes and pale lips.

 

~ * ~

 

"Appa, eomma."

 

"Yes?" both of his parents answered.

 

"Have you heard the news?"

 

"What news, exactly?" his father raised an eyebrow.

 

"About Chaerin....." he drifted off.

 

"Ah, about that."

 

"I'm sure Chaerin is not that kind of person to just push YeonHee to the pool," his mother said.

 

His parents studied his bothered expression. "You want to talk something, son?"

 

"Have I hurt her?"

 

"Pardon?" his parents said at once.

 

He cleared his throat. "I didn't know that she was drowning too, instead I helped YeonHee up. When I saw her eyes—after Junsu saved her—I saw hurt in it. And then I didn't realized YeonHee kissed me... Right on the lips."

 

A small smile escaped from his father. "Changmin-ah," he called out softly. "Why are you letting her go in the first place?"

 

"I—" he was dumbstruck with his father's question.

 

"We both know that you still love each other. Then why do you let go of her in the first place? Where's the Changmin that I knew who is always willing to fight for what is his?

 

"She is the one who let go of me," he replied almost too quick. "I promised her that if she's the one who lets me free, then I'll let her go."

 

"What kind of rubbish is that?" Changmin almost got offended with it. "Can't you see that she still loves you?"

 

"You have to fight for what is yours, Min. You always said that to me when you were little." his mother smiled at him.

 

"But..."

 

"No buts. If you still love her, then go for it; even if it's hard, you can't give up."

 

~ * ~

 

Two days later, after Chaerin confronted her friends, she was finally brave enough to get out of her condo. The news/gossip had eventually died a little, and thankfully she didn't find any annoying reporters.

 

Chaerin drove her car into a coffee shop, then crossed the road into a small park. She sat on the bench and drank her coffee while gripping tight her thick coat. Still, the Winter wind pierced through her bones.

 

She felt her new phone vibrated on the coat's pocket.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Miss Han!"

 

"Star?"

 

"Why aren't you picking up any of my phone calls these past few days? Hell, it's been a week since I heard last from you!"

 

"Some things happened and I have to change my phone to a new one because the last one drowned."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the news." Star sighed. "However, I believe that you didn't push YeonHee, though."

 

"Thanks." a small smile crept up to her face. "So, how are you doing? Any progress with the woman?"

 

"Actually, I've been planning for a surprise."

 

Chaerin discarded the now empty cup of coffee and decided to cross the road where her car was parked.

 

"Oh really? What-"

 

In a blink of eye, she was being pulled to a tight, warm embrace. She could hear the loud honk from a car. Her heart pounded rapidly as she felt the familiar scent and warm. Only one man that can made her heart acted like this.

 

"What are you thinking crossing the road carelessly like that?!"

 

Her eyes instantly watered for so many reasons. She looked up and found his eyes staring down at her intently with fear flashing in it.

 

"You're almost hit by a car!"

 

She struggled out of his embrace but he didn't move. She tried to punch his chest but he didn't react too.

 

"Stop it, Rin." he breathed out.

 

She cried on to his chest. "Why a-are you doing th-this to me?"

 

"I'm sorry I have hurt you."

 

"Let me go, Shim Changmin!"

 

"No."

 

"Let me go, let me go, LET ME GO!" she did scream to him.

 

Changmin, a bit roughly, lifted her chin and kissed her full on the mouth. She kept on struggling and finally found the power to push him, before slapping him hard on the cheek.

 

He looked at her with sadness in his eyes.

 

She doesn't want him.

 

Before he could even reach her again, she was gone already; running to her car and sped off.

 

Han Chaerin doesn't want him...

 

He felt a pang on his heart.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

With tears pooled in her eyes, Chaerin drove the car. Her right hand was trembling very hard after slapping him right on his cheek. She didn't intend to do that, but anger just came up when everything clicked on her mind.

 

How dare he to play with her feeling?!

 

He was kissing YeonHee right in front of her about a week ago, and the next thing she knew was him kissing her. She didn't know that he was such a bastard who played with someone's feeling.

 

But why did her heart still ache when she remembered the kissed between him and YeonHee?

 

Chaerin drove her car to the side and stopped. Tears were now flowing from her eyes. Her heart broken... Broken for the nth time since she went back to Seoul.

 

Being here bring nothing good to her; her job ruined, she was getting haters and... Brokenhearted.

 

~ * ~