Not Meant to Be

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

*Author's POV*

Changmin felt as if his head was going to explode. How much did he drink last night?

 

"If I were you, I wouldn't drink so much last night."

 

Changmin took a peeked through one of his open eyes. He took a glass of water and aspirin from her hand and drank it.

 

He could feel her soft hand rested on his forehead and it was gone before he knew it. After awhile, he could see her figure clearly.

 

"I can't believe this is what eomoni said as sick," Chaerin said softly.

 

"Chaerin-ah, can you help eomoni please?!"

 

Eomoni voice was filled with panic and worry which made her received Chaerin's full attention.

 

"What is the matter, eomoni?"

 

"Changmin... Changmin is sick and there is no one in the house! Abeoji, JiYeon, SooYeon and eomoni is out of the town now. Can you please take care of him, Chaerin-ah?"

 

Chaerin sighed inwardly. It was the last thing she wanted to do; go to his house and meet him.

 

"Okay, eomoni, don't you worry. I'll be there after I take a shower."

 

"What?" Changmin asked.

 

She sighed. "Your mother called me this morning, saying that you are sick and there is no one in the house. She asked me to take care of you."

 

"You should have said no if you don't want to be here."

 

He and his sharp tongue, Chaerin just looked at him.

 

Changmin seemed to notice what she thought. "I am sorry, that's so rude of me." He stood up from his bed. "I'll cool my head first then. You can go home if you want since I'm not sick at all."

 

"I—" Before Chaerin could finish her sentence, Changmin closed his bathroom door already.

 

"What's with him?" She sighed and went down into the kitchen.

 

After finished taking the shower and cool his head off, Changmin went down to the kitchen and found her back facing him.

 

"What are you cooking?" I quietly back hugged her.

 

I could feel her jump in my arms. "Min!" She slapped my arm. "You scared me!"

 

A smile crept into my face and I kissed her fully on the lips. "It smells so nice that it called me out to here."

 

"You silly." Her laughed filled my ears. "Just wait, dinner will be ready in few minutes."

 

"Will I get my dessert later then?" I whispered in her ear huskily.

 

Her face burned up and she pushed me off. "Stop talking Min and set up the plates."

 

"You know, I love seeing you blush."

 

She scoffed playfully. "Any ual innuendos and s are not allowed in the kitchen nor dining room."

 

"Oh my!" I was snapped back to reality hearing her shout. "Why are you not making any sound? You scared me."

 

"You always do when I did that," Changmin said before he could stop himself.

 

Chaerin was at a loss of words for awhile. "Breakfast will be ready in a minute, just wait."

 

"Where are the chefs?" Changmin asked as he handed a plate to her.

 

"I should be the one to ask you that. There is literally no one in here, not even Mister Yang."

 

He sighed. "Must be my parents doing."

 

Changmin and Chaerin sat on the dining room. Changmin noticed that she only make a breakfast for him.

 

"Have you eaten?"

 

"Yes." She sipped her tea and suddenly her stomach growled. Chaerin blushed for being caught lying.

 

Changmin shook his head and put her own cooking in front of . "Eat it, I don't want to see you sick."

 

Chaerin knew she couldn't say no so she just ate with him. As the food was all eaten, Chaerin's phone rang. She excused herself to the kitchen.

 

Changmin finished up his cup of tea and went to the kitchen in order to put the plate into the dishwasher.

 

"I am truly sorry, but I don't take anymore clients right now. Yes, I am very sorry, I hope that you will have a great wedding. Good morning."

 

"You are not working anymore?"

 

She spun around to face him. "No, I'm not."

 

"Then what do you do now? Are you going to get married?" There's a depressed expression behind the words.

 

"What? No. I don't even have a boyfriend." Chaerin was shocked to hear Changmin's statement.

 

There were awkward silence after that, both not knowing what to say.

 

"I'm actually," Chaerin paused. "I'm going to go back to LA."

 

Changmin was surprised. "What?"

 

"Yeah, you heard me right. I'm going to be back a day from now, the flight has been rescheduled by the airlines."

 

"You-you can't go, Rin." Changmin had close the gap between them in a couple of strides and placed his hand on the wall behind her.

 

"W-Why?" She looked up to him who was suddenly so closed to her. "You are not to control me, Shim Changmin."

 

He took hold of her chin and made her face him. "Look at me, Chaerin."

 

She looked into his eyes slowly and could figure out the confusion, anger and sadness in those brown orbs.

 

"Why do I have this feeling that you are trying to run away from me?"

 

"I am, Min," she said softly and averted her gaze anywhere but him. "I can't go through this again... It's hurting me."

 

"Why? After all of this time, I have wait for you to come back so that we can be together again. I thought it was easy, but oh how wrong I am."

 

At this time, tears started to build in Chaerin's eyes. "You promised me before, don't you remember? You promised that you would let go of me if I were the one who let you free."

 

Changmin let go of her and ran a hand through his hair frustratingly. "I love you, Chaerin-ah! Can't you see that?"

 

And he crashed his lips down to hers. The kiss was a mix of brokenhearted, anger and sadness.

 

Chaerin broke the kiss after some time.

 

"I'm sorry, Min but I can't do this anymore. We are not meant to be together. I'm sure you will find someone better." With that she left him alone in the room and drove away from his house.

 

Changmin looked at the empty space before him which was occupied with her just a second ago. His clenched fist trembled and he pounded it to the wall strongly that a crack was heard.

 

No, he would not let her go.

 

She's his and he was determined to get her back.

 

No matter what the consequences are.

 

~ * ~