The Necklace

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

*Author's POV*

"Ma'am, we've just found out why the necklace is so special."

 

She spun her chair around. "And why is that?"

 

"It turns out as a gift from Mister Changmin at their third anniversary, just right before Miss Chaerin went to LA."

 

"I need to have that necklace. Take it from her."

 

Her assistant seemed to hesitate. "But how, ma'am?"

 

"That's your job to think about, not mine." She shot him an annoyed stare. "Just keep it clean; scared her with a threat if you can."

 

"Yes, ma'am."

 

"Now go, quick!"

 

~ * ~

 

Chaerin closed the door of her car after she parked it on the basement of the building. She sighed, feeling so exhausted after another encounter with Changmin that she wished never happened.

 

"God, my bag is still inside." She slapped her forehead.

 

Right before she could open the door of her car, someone pushed her body to the car.

 

"Do not move or scream, or this knife will cut your throat."

 

Chaerin could feel the cold knife on the skin of . She was scared to death and let the man did his work; it was then that she felt the man opening the clasp of her necklace.

 

"Let the police know and I will cut your throat," the man whispered heavily in her ear and fled right away.

 

Chaerin felt tears in her eyes when she tried to reach for the necklace but it wasn't there.

 

Why did the man want the necklace? It's the only piece of memory that she can held on to.

 

All of a sudden she felt a blow to the back of her neck and everything went black.

 

~ * ~

*Chaerin's POV*

I woke up with a groan. My neck seemed so stiff and there was a hurt feeling on the back of it. What happened? Where am I?

 

"You're awake! Finally!" a cry came from my left side.

 

The light was blinding my eyes immediately as I opened them. After some time, I made out that it was Junsu who spoke earlier.

 

"Can I have some water?" I croaked.

 

"Oh, of course," he said and frantically tried to pour some water to a glass.

 

With all my strength, I tried to pull my body up to the headboard and drank the water Junsu gave to me. I yelped in hurt as I moved my neck.

 

"What happened actually, Chaerin-ah?"

 

As soon as Junsu said that I tried to touch my necklace. However, it wasn't there.

 

I groaned. "I thought it was just all a dream." Before Junsu could ask anything, I continued. "There was this man who took my necklace. I was just about to call someone and then I felt a blow to the back of my neck."

 

"Well, that explains the blue bump behind your neck."

 

"I have no idea why someone want that necklace so much."

 

Su eyed me oddly. "Is that necklace really important to you?" he asked. "To think of it, I've never seen you take it off; and you never wear a necklace before."

 

Panic ran through my body, no one knew anything about the necklace that Changmin gave me... The sound of my bedroom door opened startled me.

 

Mimi eonnie tucked her head in."Chaerin-ah, someone wants to meet you."

 

"Who is-" my mouth went dry as I saw who just walked in.

 

"I hope you don't mind..." Eunmi finished her words hesitantly.

 

I eyed the tall man. What does he want?

 

"Su, can you come out for awhile and help me-"

 

"No!" I snapped my head to eonnie and immediately regret it. It hurt like hell that a tear escaped my eyes.

 

Junsu rushed to my side. "Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, yeah."

 

Junsu then whispered to me, "Please just talk to him, Rin-ah. You can't ignore him continually, right?"

 

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could see one of his fists clenched.

 

"Don't you dare, Su," I hissed.

 

"I don't know what's actually happening between the two of you. Just... Sort it out." He walked to the door.

 

"YAH KIM JUNSU!" I shouted but it didn't stop him from coming out of the room.

 

The room fell into a complete silence as no one talked. I looked to anywhere but him.

 

"I know that you are not happy to see me." he moved closer to my bed. "But mother asked me to visit you and see how's your condition."

 

Upon hearing that I finally let my eyes to focus on him. He was seeing me with... Concern?

 

"She and father send a get well soon. She also makes porridge for you, I gave it to noona earlier."

 

I contemplated for a reply. "Say thank you to them and to not worry much about me."

 

He nodded. "I'm sorry too about yesterday. I don't have any right to just kiss you like that," he seemed to be hesitated on saying the next thing, "after all, our relationship has ended long before."

 

I felt a pang on my heart as soon as I heard what he said. Somehow I could see sadness flashed in his eyes, but it was gone before I knew it.

 

"Actually, what is YeonHee to you?" I asked before I thought about it twice.

 

He looked into me and said with certainty, "She's nothing."

 

"You seem to have something special going on with her."

 

Oh dumb me.

 

"She's an ex," before I could comment, he continued quickly, "to make me forget the hurt feeling that you left when you went to LA. Turns out that no one can make me forget about you and my love that easily up until now."

 

I looked at him in shock. Did he just indirectly confess to me?

 

"Well I guess that's everything I have to say." He stood up from the chair beside my bed. "Bought this for you, I hope you get well really soon." he laid the bouquet of white and yellow Daisies to my lap.

 

Unexpectedly, he inched his face closer to me and gave a quick kiss on my forehead....

 

And I didn't shove him.

 

~ * ~

 


 

I know that I've abandoned this story for some months...

Being in the last grade of senior high is more hard than I ever thought. I have at least 2 exams everyday (just finished my final school exams actually) and God, not to say the tasks and practical examinations.

So sorry, but I promise you to continue this story when I'm free (since I still have the government exams soon enough).

Thanks for those who are patient enough to still read and wait for my update :')