I Swear

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

*Author's POV*

Chaerin decided to have some snacks in Korean Air's lounge before going to the waiting room. She had check-in and all she had to do was to wait for the boarding time.

 

Am I doing the right thing? She thought but then shook her hed vigorously, trying to clear her mind.

 

I'm sure I have done the right thing. I can't stay here any longer.

 

A vibrate from her phone awaken her from the reverie. She noticed that it was a message from Mr. Brown. A call came in before she could open it.

 

"Star?" She muttered to herself before picking up the phone.

 

"Where are you now?" She could hear how ragged his breathing was.

 

"Wow, hello to you too. Are you okay?"

 

"Where are you?" Star accentuated his words.

 

"I'm in the airport. In the Korean Air's lounge to be exact I'm sorry to not-"

 

"Don't move! Just stay right there."

 

"Wha-what? I have to get going right now, it's only forty-five more minutes before boarding time."

 

"I'm going to come to you no matter what. You can't go."

 

Chaerin was shocked with what Star was saying. She kept on walking slowly while talking to him.

 

"What are you saying, Star? You are now sounded like someone I know."

 

The stern tone was too familiar for her. There was only one man who had that tone, but...

 

"You cannot go away from me, Chaerin. Not for the second time."

 

"Are you crazy? I have never met you before! What is this all about? If this is a joke, it's not funny at all, Star."

 

"I can't live without you, Chaerin-ah. Don't you see it?"

 

Chaerin halted to stop when she recognized the voice now. "C-Changmin is this you?"

 

"Takes you long enough to recognize me after all of these phone calls."

 

Chaerin lifted her head up and was shocked to see who stood in front of her.

 

"What are you doing actually?" She said in a soft voice.

 

"You can't-"

 

Slap!

 

By right now people started to gather making a crowd. They noticed Changmin and Chaerin, the most talked ex-couple. They sensed that there was something interesting about to unfold.

 

Chaerin was about to slap Changmin again but he took her hand and pulled her into his arms.

 

She threw punches to his chest. "How dare you to pretend and try to get close just to seek out how I feel about you?! You are a liar! A big, big liar!" Some tears escaped her eyes. How could he lie to her all of this time? "I hate you Shim Changmin, I hate-"

 

Changmin silenced her with a bruising kiss. Every anger, tension and sadness was poured in it. His hold strong in her hands to prevent her from pushing him away, or worse running away from him.

 

"Just let me explain, Han Chaerin. I did all of this for you! I-I just want to make sure that no one is trying to take what is mine. And if there is, I'm determine to fight for what is mine back." He panted.

 

"What-"

 

The kiss that Changmin gave again silenced her completely. "Heck, even the Mister Brown that you know is a friend of mine! I asked him to look after you for me and make sure that no one is hurting you back in LA. You have lived your life with me taking a part of it without you even knowing," he said as soon as they apart.

 

Chaerin pushed Changmin but he didn't budge. "You can't control my life, Shim Changmin!"

 

"I know I'm sorry, but I just can't help it. Thinking of losing you into another man is distressing. I love you Han Chaerin, I tried to forget you but I can't. I-I can't live without you."

 

More tears had dropped from Chaerin's eyes by now. "But you said that you will let go of me," she trailed off.

 

"Some promises are meant to be broken." Changmin shushed her by putting a finger in front of her bruised lips because of the kiss.

 

He crouched inside of his pocket and took out the necklace. Chaerin's eyes widened in disbelief.

 

"How come...?"

 

"I have something more important to tell than telling you how I got this necklace back." Changmin clasped the necklace back on her neck. Loving the way it rested on her neck. "This necklace, it's a family heirloom."

 

That shocked Chaerin. "A heirloom? Why would you give me this?"

 

"Eomma thought me to give this to the person I love the most. To the person, that I will meet at the altar one day. The Mandarin Garnet Gemstone also holds a special meaning." Changmin touched the pendant. "It symbolizes commitment and truth, the basic principles for a successful marriage."

 

Chaerin took his hand and Changmin looked into her eyes immediately. "I don't understand. What are you trying to imply?"

 

He smiled softly and kissed her forehead. "I know this is not how you want it to, but..."

 

Changmin suddenly kneeled in front of her and took out a box from her pocket. Everyone gasped in shock, knowing that they were going to witness a proposal. He opened the box and there was a matching gemstone ring like the necklace.

 

 

"I have hurt you so much, Chaerin-ah and I'm sorry for that. But I love you and I can't see spending my life in the future without you in it. I swear that I won't let you go. Not anymore. So Han Chaerin, will you take the honour to be my wife?"

 

Chaerin couldn't believe that this was happening. Several minutes ago, she was going to leave and forgot everything that ever happened here, but now, a man wanted her to stay and marry him.

 

"Yes," she finally said.

 

By right now everybody clapped their hands seeing the romantic scene in front of them.

 

Changmin lifted Chaerin up and kissed her fully as soon as he finished putting the ring to her finger.

 

"Promise me you'll never let go of me again," Chaerin said after they kissed.

 

"I swear to God that I won't let you go."

 

"This is perfectly not my dream proposal." Chaerin was still sobbing because of happiness.

 

Changmin laughed and wiped away her tears. "We have so many times to make it up, love."

 

Before Chaerin could reply, Changmin had given her another deep and passionate kiss, forgetting the cheering crowd around.

 

~ * ~