No Hope

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

Make a little mushy moment of ChangRin to keep you guys with me ;) Hahaha.

Sentences in this colour mean flashback.

 


 

*Chaerin's POV*

"I love this, Rin. But, don't you think this is too much?"

 

 

"Well, looking to your ring finger, I don't think it's 'too much'."

 

 

"Chaerin-ah..."

 

"I'm just joking," I stuck out my tongue and laughed. "That's one gorgeous ring you got. Your man sure has a taste on picking the engagement ring."

 

"I know right?"

 

"Okay, okay, back to your wedding dress. Since you say that the wedding will be a fancy one and with the ideas that I already have in my mind, I don't think it's too much. It fits you and the concept well. Anyways, a model should wear something 'different' from others, right?"

 

Yep! ChoonHee was a famous model that worked with famous brands worldwide. She had this perfect body and Goddamn I really envy her.

 

"I go with this one then."

 

"Now, I need to see your future husband!" I said excitedly.

 

"He's beside, in the men's room. Go there first, I'm sure the boys need help. I'll catch you later after changing back to my normal clothes."

 

"Sure."

 

And I went to the men's room with that. The men's room was the same with the women's one. It was a sizable corridor with transparent-slide-door-wardrobe along it; making the tuxedos in various colours (black, white, cream and ivory) visible to look at.

 

At the end of the room, I'm sure it was a mirrored wall that used for fitting room with the huge curtain as the separator or covering. The curtain was closed, so I guessed eonni's future husband was fitting up his tux.

 

"Excuse-"

 

Before I could finish my words, half of the curtain was opened. Revealing.....

 

"Changmin! You look real good in the tux."

 

My body was stoned and my eyes widened. The reflection of the face from the huge mirror was Shim Changmin. Yes, the Shim Changmin that I knew; my lover, my ex.

 

"I bet ChoonHee will like this."

 

I didn't know how long I had stood there looking at his reflection from the mirror. But when his eyes gazed into mine, the tears unknowingly started to drop one by one. He had this unreadable expression on. I cupped my mouth to prevent any sounds out and ran away out of the place.

 

~ * ~

 

*Author's POV*

The tears wouldn't stop flowing out from her eyes. As soon as she arrived at her condo, she made her way to the office. Abruptly, she opened the drawer in her office table and threw the framed photo down to the floor; the glass were shattered.

 

Her body slid down the office table. She cried and took off the necklace that was hanging on her neck, intended to throw it away but she couldn't.

 

It was the last gift from him, the last memory that she had. She loved him, really really much. That was why she couldn't stop the tears from flowing out when she knew that he would marry her best friend.

 

A memory when they were still together came into her mind suddenly.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked when he went out of the bed.

 

"I need to get something." a chuckle came out from my mouth seeing this man searching for something in the drawer. "Aha! Got it!"

 

He jumped onto the bed, making it bounce. "Black marker?" Changmin took my left and right hand respectively, drawing something on it. "Yah!"

 

"Done!" he smiled widely. "Your engagement ring and our wedding band."

 

"Hmm I want this to be true." I examined the rings.

 

"It will be replaced with the real one sooner or later."

 

"Really?"

 

"Yeah. Now let's go on to the next round."

 

We made love once again that night. It was our second round, though. When we were done, he pulled up the blanket to cover up our sweaty bodies.

 

He snuggled closer to me and putted my head on his chest, feeling me panting and breathless after previous session. I hit him on the chest. "Damn, you for making me exhausted." he laughed and kissed me on the head.

 

"I'll only make love to you, Chaerin-ah."

 

She shook her head, trying to erase the bittersweet memory.

 

~ * ~

 

Chaerin stopped her work for about 3 days. She ignored all of the incoming emails, phone calls and faxes. Have you ever seen an alive zombie? Well, you could call her as one.

 

At the fourth day, she decided to go out from her condo to search for fresh air. She knew that life must go on, though it means that she has to look her ex and best friend changing vows.

 

"Han Chaerin!"

 

The shook woke her up completely from blankness. She squinted her eyes a bit because of the direct sunlight which made her couldn't see the person's face clearly. After few seconds, she recognized the person.

 

"Oh. Hey, eonni!" a fail made-up excitement.

 

"Are you okay, Rin? I'm so damn panic when you're missing suddenly from the bridal! I thought you were kidnapped or what."

 

"I'm not. I just had a really urgent thing to do. Sorry for not contacting you, though."

 

"Oh well. At least you're not kidnapped. Anywho, let's talk about the wedding with my soon to be future husband! We should've talk about this like three days ago, but you were missing..." ChoonHee took her hand and forced her to get up from the park's bench.

 

"We are currently having lunch when I saw you here, so come on! We just need to cross over the road."

 

Chaerin decided to be quiet and let ChoonHee did what she wants to. After all, she couldn't run away from this thing. She needed to accept the reality that Changmin was about to marry her best friend.

 

They crossed the road and went inside the restaurant. Chaerin just kept her head down all the way to the table, she couldn't imagine what would happen next when their eyes met each other.

 

"Tada! Look who we have here!" ChoonHee said excitedly.

 

She closed her eyes and breathed out heavily before lifting up her face while opening her eyes at the same time.

 

~ * ~