Chasing

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

 

*Chaerin's POV*

Just before I opened the door, I looked back inside my condo. It was the second and probably the last time I was doing this; running from reality and him. I did that the last time without any of her friends knowing, but now when my friends knew, I didn't let any of them to usher me to the airport.

 

Even though my friends had told me to at least visit them once in a year, I really didn't know when will I came back to my homeland.

 

"Or maybe we can go to LA instead!" They said.

 

After all, I had nothing to do anymore in South Korea. I had also given up with the man that I thought I could get back with at first, but now I didn't care about it anymore. I had chosen to move on from him.

 

The last piece of memory that I had from him had also gone. There was nothing more to be remembered.

 

It might took a lot of times to forget him, that was one of the reasons why I decided to go back to LA again and forgot everything. Trying to take off my mind from him with works.

 

I took out my phone and emailed one whom I trusted and depended since I came to LA.

 

To: Sir Jake Brown
Hi, Sir just want to let you know that I'm coming back today.
The flight has been rescheduled to leave faster (again), and so I would take the 8:20PM one and be there around 3:30PM.
I'm sorry if it's so sudden, but I just need to go back to there ASAP.
You don't need to meet me! I will search for a hotel and call as soon as I get one.
See you soon :)

 

I pressed the 'Send' button and sighed heavily before opening the door and brought my luggage out with me.

 

 

~ * ~

 

*Author's POV*

Knock knock

 

Changmin didn't look up and waited for his secretary to come in. He was furiously finishing checking all the damn reports that were just given an hour ago.

 

"Sir, someone wishes to meet you."

 

"Tell him or her that I'm not available right now!" He barked, making his secretary a bit shocked.

 

"Are you really that busy that you don't want to meet me?"

 

Changmin counted patiently from one to ten—trying to subdue his desire to make the securities kicked her out from his office—before lifting his head up to see YeonHee.

 

"Lee YeonHee, if you don't have anything important to say please kindly get out from my office right now."

 

YeonHee's eyebrows raised. "You really are in a bad mood, huh?" She saw how Changmin gripped his pen tightly and signed the last paper before calling out his secretary and gave all the papers to him.

 

His secretary bowed to both of them before going out from the office. He could feel the tension.

 

Changmin didn't answer and YeonHee watched every of his move. He loosened his silk maroon tie and took off the gray suit after, leaving him with a crisp white shirt only. He rolled the sleeves up until his elbows.

 

YeonHee watched as he looked at his watch and string of cursed words came out.

 

He suddenly remembered his guest. "So?"

 

"I heard that Chaerin is going to leave today. Oh how sad that I can't see her in the airport."

 

"You can't see her but you are now in my office." Changmin's glare was dangerous. "Cut off the charade, YeonHee. I know that you don't like her and you use me to hurt her!" Changmin jabbed a finger to her direction.

 

"What are you talking, Min?" She took a step forward nearer to him.

 

"You and your evil mind, that's what I'm talking about."

 

What YeonHee was about to say was cut off with Changmin's phone ringing. He took it without even looking the caller id.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Go to the airport! Now! Chaerin's flight has been rescheduled again, she is gonna leave at eight-twenty!"

 

"What the- Thanks, man!"

 

"Good luck, Min."

 

As Changmin hung up, he grabbed his suit, put the small box that laid on his desk to his pocket and prepared to leave. However something shiny halted him to go further.

 

"Where do you get that necklace?" Changmin stood in front of YeonHee.

 

YeonHee's eyes widened and tried to obscure the pendant from his sight. How dumb was she to forget to take it off! "It-It's a gift from a friend of mine."

 

Changmin closed the gap between both of them. YeonHee took a step back, scared at how Changmin looked her. Changmin held her arm and leaned in until his mouth was in front of her ear.

 

"Liar. I believe this is not yours because this is my family heirloom you are wearing and I gave this to the person I love only... Which is Chaerin."

 

Without YeonHee even knowing, the necklace was gone from her neck and Changmin had left.

 

Changmin got to his car, threw his suit inside and sped up. He only had a short time to chase Chaerin.

 

To stop her from running away for the second time.

 

To let her know that he couldn't live without her.

 

To tell her his undying love...

 

~ * ~

 


The next chapter would be the final one! :)