Giving Up Yet?

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

Do you guys like the new poster? I personally like this one more than the previous one C:

Anyways, please do enjoy the chapter and don't forget to comment!

Hey, new reader(s)! Do subscribe ;)

 


 

*Chaerin's POV*

"To Art Attack Hall, please," I said it as soon as I sat inside the taxi.

 

From the wing mirror, I could see him stand still seeing my taxi went away from him. I closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind.

 

Why do I even go back in the first place? If I knew things like this are gonna happen, I wouldn't go back.

 

"Miss, are you okay?" my eyes shot opened hearing the driver asked me.

 

"I'm fine."

 

"Is the man hurting you?"

 

"No. Thank you for your attention." I slightly smiled and turned my head to see the view outside the window.

 

When I arrived in the hall, I paid the taxi and went in to be greeted by the receptionist.

 

"Welcome to Art Attack! All of the photographs here are taken by Miss Yoon Yoomi itself."

 

"Can I meet Yoon Yoomi?"

 

"Do you have any appointment, Miss?"

 

"Chaerin-ah!" a voice boomed through the quiet hall. Everyone eyes were on that one person. "Yang, if Miss Han is searching for me, just let her in to my office."

 

"I'm sorry, Miss."

 

"Not a big deal. Let's go, Chaerin-ah!" Yoomi then towed me into her office in the 2nd floor.

 

"So what brings you here?" I sat on the furry loveseat.

 

"Nothing, I'm just bored."

 

She then plopped herself down next to me and gave a glass of water. "I can see that something is burdening you from your eyes." she looked at me. "Mind to tell me?"

 

I sighed and drank a bit before answering, "I feel like giving up, Yoo."

 

"Giving up on...?"

 

"Changmin."

 

"WHY?!"

 

"Too many things happen and I don't know what to do." I covered my face with my hands. "I shouldn't go home... I really want to go back to LA and forget everything!"

 

Yoo hugged my shoulder. "Hey, don't be like that." she soothed me. "Are you giving up just because he is going to be arranged with SooYoung?"

 

"I-"

 

"If you are, don't be. I'm sure uncle won't let his son marry a plastic like SooYoung. After all it's Mister Choi's idea to arrange them, not uncle."

 

"What makes you think so?"

 

"No one likes Choi family. Even uncle and auntie."

 

It was silent after that. I didn't continue the topic any further. Taking a deep breath, I stood up and said, "Thanks for listening me, Yoo."

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Home. I need to clear my mind."

 

Yoomi stood up too and hugged me. "Contact me if you need someone to listen. I'm always here for you."

 

"Thanks, girl." I smiled slightly. "Talk to you later."

 

"Bye!"

 

Then I drove to my condo. As I arrived, I straightly went to my office and opened the web, searching for the earliest flight to LA for the next day.

 

~ * ~

 

*Author's POV*

Most of the newspapers everyday were filled with the news of Shim Corp.'s CEO: Shim Changmin. He had been the latest 'hot issue' in Seoul, even South Korea. And in fact, Seoulflash that day was giving a shocking headline. Needed to be said that it was not good for both sides.

 

"The number you're calling is inactivated. Please try again later."

 

"You still can't contact her?" SooYeon asked her husband.

 

Before Jae had the chance to answer, his phone rang.

 

"She's not in any of our office office nor Yoo's hall and your wife orphanage."

 

"Argh! Where would she be in time like this?! Is it possible if she's meeting one of her clients?"

 

"Well that is-" Yoomi took Yunho's phone suddenly. "Oppa, I have to say that there's something off with her yesterday."

 

"Did she say something?"

 

"I don't know, but I could see guilt in her eyes and..." she paused. "Oh sh*t."

 

"What happen?"

 

"She told me that she regretted on coming back home!"

 

JaeJoong grew alarmed on what Yoomi said. He was thinking that maybe, maybe Chaerin wanted to go back to LA.

 

"Don't say that she's planning to go back to LA!" Mimi's voice was heard in the background.

 

"I'll go check on restaurants and cafes with Mimi, Jun and Yoo will go check some places where she likes to go." Yunho took his phone back. "You go check the airport, let's just hope that what we think won't come true."

 

"Keep me in touch, Yun."

 

As soon as Jae hung up, he drove to the airport and put his earpiece on.

 

"Chun, send me the flights from Seoul to LA today. I need it ASAP."

 

"You got it."

 

Few minutes later, an email went in to Jae's account. SooYeon opened it through his iPad.

 

"There are two flights today," SooYeon read. Her eyes widened suddenly. "Jae..... The earliest flight has departed already at nine AM."

 

JaeJoong stepped the gas harder and sped off to Incheon International Airport.

 

"She might still be in there if she changed her mind."

 

SooYeon nodded slightly and hoped that her dongsaeng would change her mind. All of them exactly didn't want to have Chaerin went away from them AGAIN without saying goodbye like before.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Changmin's gripped on the paper got tighter. He shoved the newspaper frantically and it got hit on one of the vases in Shim's mansion. He couldn't believe what he just read on the headlines.

 

"Son, what happen?" his mother walked in worriedly.

 

"Freaking newspaper have to freaking sort their news out!" the maids winced hearing the oldest child shouted.

 

His father picked up the newspaper and read the headlines. "Have you contacted Chaerin regarding this? Just to check her condition?"

 

Changmin remained silent. After few seconds, he finally answered, "She hates me."

 

"Why?"

 

Suddenly, Mr. Shim's phone rang. "Hello?... She's not here, Jun... WHAT?! Okay I'll help you to find her."

 

"What's going on?" his wife asked.

 

"Chaerin is missing and Jun said that she might go back to LA. But still, no one knows if she really goes back or not. The thing is, the earliest flight has departed. Jae is going to the airport now to check."

 

Without saying anything, Changmin slammed the table, making both of his parents shocked. He went out with the car key in his hand.

 

You better be in there, Changmin thought and sped off to a place.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

"We can't find her, hyung," Junsu said as he approached JaeJoong with Yunho, Eunmi and Yoomi.

 

"Sorry for waiting sir, this is the passenger manifest."

 

JaeJoong snatched the paper and scanned it. His forehead creased and then he gave the paper to Junsu and Yunho to do a double check.

 

"Is she in the manifest?" YooChun who just came with ChoonHee joined in.

 

"Her name is not written here..." Yunho spoke.

 

"Miss, when is the next flight to LA?" ChoonHee asked.

 

"Unfortunately, the flight in the afternoon has been cancelled. The only flight that we have today had departed one hour ago."

 

"If she doesn't go in that plane, where in the world is she?" Yoomi took a voice.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The break time had over and the students were inside the classes already. The security guard of the school noticed Changmin and let him went inside. He walked to the garden behind the school.

 

"Ahh... Changmin! How are you doing?" greeted the gardener.

 

"I'm fine, ahjussi." he smiled.

 

"The last time I saw you was two years ago."

 

"I do really want to go here, but work comes first."

 

"You're right." the gardener nodded. "So do you need something?"

 

"Ahjussi, I wonder if Chaerin went here to see our tree."

 

"Chaerin? I don't see her coming here. Why?"

 

"I'm searching for her now. She is missing."

 

"Is it because of Seoulflash's headlines today?"

 

"I think so. I thought she would come here since she did that many times already when she is upset."

 

"Hmm..." the gardener tried to think. "Have you checked the lake near the school?"

 

"I haven't."

 

"Go check there. She once told me that she likes to stay there when she has lots of thoughts."

 

"Thanks, ahjussi! I'll come here again if there's time." Changmin turned his back.

 

"Changmin!" the gardener called when he was about to exit the garden. Changmin looked back. "Don't lie to yourself."

 

He just nodded and went back to car, then drove to the lake.

 

"Don't lie to myself?" he questioned.

 

~ * ~