Right Here Waiting

Love Is Never Gone [Mrs. Yours, #2]

*Author's POV*

"Miss Han, as a wedding planner, you must have your own opinion about marriage. Can you please tell us?"

 

"For me, marriage is a choice and a gift. It's nothing to be played about and a true marriage is based in love, faith and trust between the two people."

 

"Wow that was such a wise answer; now moving on, Miss Han. We all know that back then there were some nasty gossips between you, Shim Changmin and Lee YeonHee. How are you taking it?"

 

"Actually, I don't give much of a thought about it, because I know that all the gossips out there are wrong. I am just trying to be me and I don't like to be in the center of the attention, that's why I prefer to be inside my home for a week."

 

Chaerin actually lied. She was affected so much from the incident for sure.

 

"I see... Then how about the incident that happened few days ago? I heard that someone robbed you."

 

"Well yeah, that is true. He got my necklace, which is I don't understand why he only wants the necklace while in fact I have my car keys and bag. He gave me quite a hard blow on behind my neck to make me unconscious. Thankfully, the security who were doing night round found me.

 

"It's also weird that somehow the CCTVs were broken, I guess it's the thief's doing. Now police is trying to search for the thief but so far, I haven't heard anything for them."

 

"That's so scary! Well since we are Thank you, Miss Han for coming today, we are so happy to see you and I hope that the thief will be captured soon. And everyone, please be careful out there at night. Thank you for watching and have a nice day!" the host said and finished the TV program.

 

When the cameras were turned off, the host and all of the crews said thank you once again and Chaerin excused herself quickly because she had to meet up with SooYeon and ChoonHee.

 

Her phone rang which startled her.

 

"Wise words, eh?" Star laughed.

 

"Hello to you too, Star. You seem to be happy."

 

"Well yeah, mu girl has been all happy too. If she's happy, so am I."

 

Chaering smiled. "That's so sweet of you."

 

"I've seen you in the TV earlier and you're so cool!"

 

"Thank you."

 

"Going to meet my friends for a lunch in a nearby restaurant. I prefer to walk then riding my car."

 

"Just be careful when you're going to cross the road. You were about to hit by a car once."

 

Chaerin furrowed her eyebrows. "How did you know?"

 

"Uh... We-we were also on a phone some time ago and-and then I suddenly heard a honk then a man's voice saying you were almost hit by a car."

 

"Oh, right! I even forgot that I was calling you too back then."

 

"Very well, then. I have to go back to work. I actually have something to tell you about."

 

"Just send me a text message."

 

"Will do. Have a nice lunch!"

 

And with that he hung up. Chaerin felt a smile on her face every time she heard from Star. It was not that she like him in that way, but she always adore a man like him who cared so much about his woman.

 

Oh how wish I would find someone like that again.

 

Changmin's face suddenly came into her mind and she shook her head slightly. She knew she loves him and he does too; but somehow, she's afraid to take forward a step to take him back and see what has fate prepared for them.

 

Seeing her friends getting married... She wanted that too. Chaerin had seen how happy her friends were, Eunmi with Yunho, JaeJoong with SooYeon and the latest couple, ChoonHee and YooChun. She longed for the feel of love and protection, for the feel of having someone by her side.

 

"What's with the sour face?" ChoonHee asked as soon as Chaerin seated on the chair in front of her.

 

"I feel that you are hiding something from us, Chaerin-ah." SooYeon asked tenderly. "Mind to tell us?"

 

"First, I just feel lonely all of a sudden because of everyone is having a couple. Second, yes actually I have something important to talk about to the girls, too bad Yoomi and Mimi eonnie can't join."

 

"What is it? You somehow makes us afraid of the news."

 

"Please don't tell the boys about this for now, alright? I will tell her by myself later."

 

"We promise, Rin-ah."

 

Chaerin looked to her best friends and spoke softly. "I am going to go back to Los Angeles a week from now."

 

~ * ~

 

From: Star
I have been thinking on proposing her, Chaerin-ah.

Do you have any plan in your mind right now? Because I need it ASAP.

 

Chaerin couldn't keep her squeal when she read the text message.

 

To: Star
Oh.My.God! When?!

Well what type of proposal do you want?

 

From: Star
Soon enough whenever I'm ready to propose her.
My girl has nearly the same liking as you.

 

To: Star
Should it really be to my liking? Very well then...

I'm the type of woman who wants a simple proposal, no need to be complicated.
I would love if he just act spontaneously without a script or what.
In a garden at night would be great, adorned with beautiful lights. If you can play a guitar, you should sing her a song!
I don't like a 'dinner before proposal', it's so
cliché. I think you should just ask her for a midnight stroll after spending a fun day with her.
I suggest that the ring better be a simple one :)

 

Somehow listing down her wantings made her feel sad. When will she has the right guy to propose her and take her to the altar?

 

Again, Changmin's face popped into her mind.

 

No, she shook her head. It would just hurt both of us again if I take him back, with me going to leave Korea and I don't know when will I ever come back. Maybe never.

 

I should have let him go already.

 

Chaerin took a deep breath and opened one of the shelves in her desk. She took out the framed picture and examined it. Tears started to build up in her eyes.

 

~ * ~

 

"Changmin-ah, stop drowning yourself with alcohol." YooChun took away the glass from him.

 

He had came to the bar to have a drink one or two with his colleagues, when he saw someone he knew sitting alone with bottles in front of him.

 

"What is the problem again now?"

 

Changmin hung his head low. "I have confessed to her again and she hasn't contacted me up until now."

 

"She needs time to think about it, Min."

 

"I'm beginning to think that she doesn't love me anymore and have found someone."

 

"You know that it's not true! If she has found someone, than she would take him with her when we have lunches or meet-ups."

 

"I want to propose her. But I don't know. What if she rejects me?"

 

YooChun was shocked when he heard that Changmin wanted to propose Chaerin, but a second after he smiled. He knew that drunk people talked the truth anyways.

 

"If you love her that much, you won't be afraid of her answer." YooChun patted his back. "And make an action! For once I have to say that you're a coward. Checking up on her by that won't get you anywhere, as well as waiting for her to come around. Let's go, I'll take you home. You're obviously a bit drunk."

 

"I love her, Chun. I would be nothing without her. I want to make her my wife. I will be waiting for her no matter how long," Changmin muttered and were fast asleep after that.

 

YooChun his car. "I know Changmin, I know." He was going to drive to the man's house, when on mid way, an idea came up.

 

~ * ~