Chapter 14

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                “I…,” I stopped again for a while. “I don’t think that’s an answerable question.” I walked faster, leaving him dumbfounded and kept on walking to Mr. Kim’s class. He trailed behind me slowly, and quietly. I let out a small sigh, not wanting anyone to hear it. Truthfully, I am not comfortable with the gossips, but at the same time, I don’t want him to leave.

                I opened the door to Mr. Kim’s class when suddenly a guy appeared in front of the opened-door.

                “Oh my, you shocked me!” that guy exclaimed and I bowed a little to him.

                “Sorry,” I mumbled.

                “Not your fault actually, I’m sorry too,” he said with a smile. He has mood swings, doesn’t he? He was freaking out a minute there, but now he’s being all friendly to me. I stepped away to let him cross first, but actually did the same. Minho, who was watching the scene coughed awkwardly.

                “I’m just gonna go through first, okay?” He said and passed the two of us. “I’ll save you a seat, Soojung.”

                I just looked at him in response.

                “You have a rude boyfriend,” the guy said and my eyes grew wider.

                “Excuse me?”

                “… Sorry.”

                “He’s not my boyfriend,” I said and rolled my eyes. “You should probably stop gossiping and be a real man.”

                “I am being a real man, I’m letting you walk in first. That’s what gentleman does, unlike your… friend there,” he said as he pointed to Minho with his eyes. I just looked at him and walked in.

                “Thank you then,” I said as I sat next to the seat Minho saved for me.

**

Minho’s POV

                I tried to focus myself to the note I’m reading, but I just couldn’t help it. I kept on glancing at Krystal and the guy before. I don’t know that guy, but I saw him a few times, so he must be a first year, just like Krystal.

                Krystal walked in as the guy let her through with a smile. Krystal was just looking at the guy as she passed though. She sat at the seat I saved for her and then she opened her book. I kept on glancing at her, even when class started. Somehow, I have a feeling that she is thinking of something, and drowned in her own thoughts.

**

                “Soojung!” I called her as she immediately rushed quickly out of the class. I quickly put my stuffs back to my bag without even caring if it’s messy. I chased her, who was walking really quickly- almost like running. “Soojung!” I called again.

                As I ran closer to her, I grabbed her wrist and he stopped walking. She turned at me and asked, “What is it?’

                “Were you ignoring me?” I asked her, confusedly. Did I do anything wrong?

                “No, I was just in a hurry now. I promised Amber that I would meet her after Mr. Kim’s class,” she said and she let go of my hand. “So now if you excuse me,” she continued and walked away. I let out a loud sigh and turned around.

**

                “Yo, Minho!” a call from a familiar voice was heard. I was looking up to see if it’s really him.

                “Hey, Kibum,” I said… weakly.

                “You look down, anything’s up?” he asked as I threw myself to sit on the couch. I am at my ‘hideout’ place now, and I found Key was there first.

                “Nothing, I’m just feeling lazy today,” I replied and he gave me a nod.

                “So where’s your Ice Princess?” Key smiled teasingly. I rolled my eyes on him. “Geez, Key, it’s not like we have to be together all the time,” I said and he chuckled.

                “So tell me, how did you two met, and how did you start falling for her?”

                “Wait, what?”

                “Just answer, Minho,” he gave me a demanding look and I sighed in defeat.

                “Remember the day we were hanging out on the main hallway, near my locker, that morning?...”

                “When Krystal made that speech?” Key cut me off and I nodded. “And?”

                “I figured that she is kinda interesting.”

                “And you tried to make a move on her?”

                “Oh, Shut up, Key!” I gave him a light smack on his head. “Just let me finish my sentence.” He gave me an okay sign and I continued, “I met her when she was with her friend Victoria.”

                “Oh! The long haired girl, who is our senior, and seemed to have a crush on Jinki? Our Jinki?” Key cut me off again and I gave him my best deadly glare ever. He cleared his throat awkwardly then, and he smirked. “Go on.”

                “So after a short introduction, I offered her to walk together to Mr. Kim’s English class, and she was okay with it. Then things happened, blah blah blah… In the end, I just realized that I kinda like her,” I said as Key gave me serious nods. I shrugged for a while, and then continued, “By I mean ‘like’, means… I kinda ‘like like’ her.”

                Key’s serious face turned into a playful smirk. “Do I hear wedding bells just now?” He laughed as he said so. I shook my head at him and he kept on teasing me by poking my side. We were too busy laughing and playing around that we didn’t realize someone was going up.

                “Who’s getting married?” another familiar voice was heard and both of us looked at the direction, it was Onew. Key still had that awfully annoying smirk and answered, “Our Minho-goon is.”

                “Geez, Key, stop talking non sense! I am not getting married at this age!” I said as I tried to hit his head, but he blocked it.

                “Who said you’re getting married now?Key and Onew laughed hard after he said so and I felt my face heat. Crap!

                “So who’s the bride?” Onew asked, jokingly. Key looked happy as Onew played along with him. “Suzy? Jiyeon? Yoona? Oh, no, no… I’m sure it’s not Yoona. Then Yuri?”

                “No, it’s Krystal,” Key replied.

                “Oh… Krystal,” Onew nodded his head for a while. “Wait, what!?” his eyes grew wider. “Are you kidding me? Krystal? Krystal Jung? Really?” Key nodded to response Onew’s wild reaction. “Are you serious with her?” Onew turned to look at me in the eyes and I gave him a small nod.

                “It’s only to get close to Jessica, isn’t it? I know Jessica Jung is hot, but you shouldn’t use her sister like that!” Onew continued talking non sense.

                “Listen,” I cut him off. “I was only played around with her at first- but not, I repeat, not because of her hot sister. But then, as I’m starting to get to know her, I just…,” I stopped for a while.

                “I just don’t feel like playing around anymore. I’m serious about this.”

**

Krystal’s POV

                “Hey, Amber, sorry I’m late,” I patted her shoulder as I greeted her. She glanced at me and smiled, before focusing on cleaning up her things again.

                “It’s okay, you’re just on time, I just finished the practice,” she replied, then she picked her bag, filled with her swimming equipment. Amber is the captain of the school’s tennis team. She is very sporty and really good at all sports, not just tennis. She could be the team captain of ALL school teams, I think. “Let’s go,” she said as she put her hand around my shoulder. Amber has this boyish charm, and she acted like a boy sometimes, but as her friend, I am very comfortable with that… although some people were gossiping about us being a…couple. Awkward…

                We walked to the middle of the school’s park and at on the bench below the biggest tree of the school.

                “We haven’t got the chance to catch up on each other lately,” Amber started the conversation and I nodded in reply.

                “True, I’ve been too busy, and when I’m not, Victoria would drag me along wherever she wanted,” I replied and Amber laughed at my reply.

                “I wonder…,” she smirked. “Was it really Vic, or was it someone else?”

                “Eh?” I looked at her. “What do you mean?”

                “You know,” she nudged me on my side a few times. “Mr. Choi… or should I say M-I-N-H-O?”

                A faint pink was formed around my cheek, faint enough for Amber not to see. “Oh, you heard?”

                “Of course! Like everyone in this school is talking about you two!”

                “Oh,” I chuckled awkwardly.

                “But seriously, Krys. We’re best friends, right? So you would tell me anything, truthfully?” she asked and I gave her a nod. “Is that true? About you and Minho?”

                “Well, what did you hear from those people?”

                “That you two spotted together for a few times. Also that you two started dating since last weekend. And worst, that Minho is trying to get close to Jessica Eonni,” she said.

                “What? Trying to get close to my sister?”

                “Yeah, well, Minho has a reputation of the ‘Noona-lover’, so yeah, there is a possibility.”

                The sentence struck my heart. Was he really in it for my sister? No, no! He’s not a bad person. But the real question now is… Was he really in it?

                “Yo, Krys!” Amber shook my body and I realized that I haven’t answered Amber.

                “Oh well, about dating, false. About hanging out, fact. About trying to get close to Jessica…,” I took a deep breath. “I… don’t know.”

                “Well, what do you think?”

                “I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I think he is good enough not to use me like that.”

                “Use you?” Amber raised her left eyebrow. “So you mean… you’re really into him?”

                I stayed quiet for a while, then gave her a small nod. “I know this is surprising, a bit wild, and unpredictable, but yes. Maybe I do have a little something for him. I just got that little spark whenever I’m with him.”

                Amber nodded as she heard my answer, with a meaningful smile plastered on her face. I just gave her a small smile, because I don’t know how to respond her actions.

                “Then just believe in what you think is right, don’t let the gossips ruin you two’s relationship,” Amber said as we heard the bell rang, signing that it was our lunch break. We stood up and left for the cafeteria to meet our friends.

**