Strange encounter

The Cold-hearted Man II [Slow update]

"You're going to be late!" screamed a familiar voice from downstairs.It's mum.The busiest woman ever,mum.It's my first day today and I have no idea what to wear.Not the same-worn-out hoodie and the 3-years-old tight jeans.I should have went out shopping last week! Argh,I hate myself for not preparing early. 

"Coming!" Maddie screamed on top of her lungs,scared that her mum won't listen to her.Yeap,first day today.My first day entering university with my friend Jae Bum.Jae Bum and I have been together since our first day in kindergarten.People have mistook us for a sweet couple and that was one of the funniest things I've ever heard.He's more like an idiot brother to me.Well,I have to agree that he is rather cute and adorable but that's it.I've known him for so long,I don't think having a romantic relationship with him will ever pop out in my brain.

"Are you going with Jae Bum or do you want me to drive you there?" Why is mum acting so motherly now?It's not that like she's been acting like a stepmother but she's been really busy lately and we don't even have time talking together.Y'know,mother and daughter kind of talk thingy.

"I'm going with Jae Bum but thanks though.Do you want to pick me up later?" asked Maddie,in return to her mum's willingness to send her off today. "That sounds good.Just call me when you finished" said mum short and make the most dashing smile I've ever seen in my life and leave the house.Dad's long gone to work.He's always busy and occupied but I still love him though.

I took the toast that was served on the cold plate and stuffed it into my mouth. "Jeez,I should have eat it earlier.It's hard as brick now'" Maddie murmured slowly.I went to the house's door just to find that my sneakers are so dirty as if it hasn't been washed for months. "Great,just another problem.Why didn't I think of washing it before?All thanks to Jae Bum!If only he didn't force me to watch him practicing for the annual dance competition." Suddenly the house bell rings.Maddie wears her dirty sneakers and went straight to the door and turn the doorknob. 

"Ready?" asked Jae Bum with a his usual killing-smile. 'Oh god,what kind of toothpaste did you use to make them so shiny and white?Tell me so I can make my teeth as beautiful as yours!' I thought to myself.

"Ready?Hell no!" Maddie cuts in. "Look at my clothes,look at my shoes!" Maddie said while pointing to her normal-girls-would-wear-outfits and her months-never-washed-sneakers. "I'm so not ready!" Maddie explained again.

"Why?You look great!" Jae Bum complimented and does that killer-smile again. "Great?Are you nuts?And stop smiling will you?I'm so not in the mood" Maddie said again and cross her arms to her chest.Doing that I'm-so-not-amused-gesture.

"Okay,okay.I'll stop smiling.Don't worry.There are many other girls who looks far worse than you.Just wait and see" coaxed Jae Bum and finally stop smiling.I gave in.Aww,how could not I?He's just so adorable that I want to hug him and hides him in a place where I'm the only who knows where he is.I pat his head softly and get into the car.

                                                                     ***

"Oh my god,why are there so many people here?" Maddie asked stupidly. "Uh dude,it's a UNIVERSITY.How should I say it?A step higher and better than high school?" Jae Bum explained foolishly. "Jeez,I know that but there's so many of them!They all look alike too!" Maddie said. "Oh for god's sake.I had no idea that you're this stupid.I wonder how you made it to the top school" Jae Bum whispered softly while looking for a parking's slot.

"I may be stupid but I'm not deaf.I have a pair of ears that are still working perfectly" Maddie said,irritated with Jae Bum's words.When they finally got a parking slot,they went out from the red Mercedes-Benz.Yup,Jae Bum is hell rich.He's the only son after all.His father owns a very famous company.If I told you the company's name,I bet my ears that you all will be surprised and your eyes might even come out.

We made our way to the main doors until I bumped into something.Hard.

My books are all on the floor because I lost my balance and almost fall down.Oh please,please.I didn't hit a wall ain't I?It would be totally humiliating for my first day.It might even come out as school's newspapers' headlines.'A freshman hit the wall,hard,on her first day'.Gahh,if that happens,I would gladly to dig a deep hole and hide myself there and starved to death.

I look up to see the bloody wall but only to find a very-fine-gentleman rubbing his belly. 'What?' I thought to myself quickly. "Are you okay?" A husky voice asked.Holy molly,whose voice is that?I tell you,this person can be a great singer.I think Madonna doesn't even deserved to be compared with this guy's voice.

I looked up again while rubbing my red forehead.The guy raised his eyebrow,looking puzzled.Did he just ask me or what?

"Uh I-I'm oka-".

"Yah, Mads. Are you okay?" asked Jae Bum who suddenly stood straight beside me,looking curious as always. He collects all my books which are on the floor and pulls my arm.

Um okay. What was that? Did I just hit the hot-blonde dude or was I dreaming. Cause If I really bumped into him, I don't think I'm going to wash my face forever.

"Hey, did you hear a guy just transferred here today?" a girl with funky clothes asked.

"Whoa,really?Is he hot?!" another girl squealed happily.

"Oh my god, hotter than the sun! I heard he grew up in California" the girl with funky clothes replied.

"What? Omg, a Korean from California? He must be hot then!" the other girl replied excitedly.

Jeez,girls nowadays.I'm walking through the main hallway and spot few people who is looking at me.Oh guys,please.I'm not some kind of Lady Gaga who needs your cheap attentions.I ignored them and walked normally, not realizing that Jae Bum is still holding my hand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! :)