Hurt & Comfort

If Only I Were A Girl

I got up from my seat feeling guilty, I was acting like such a jerk. I ignored the girl I started flirting with and I went down the stairs to find Kyungsoo, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I checked outside but I could barely see anything since it was raining for hard, I walked out into the rain and over to the car.

 

I asked the driver if he had seen Kyungsoo but he said he hadn't. I looked around slightly panicking, what if she was kidnapped!? I asked the driver to drive around, but she wasn't anywhere. I grabbed my phone and dialled her number but it went straight to voice mail. I bit my bottom lip, what if she was in trouble and I'm not there to protect her? I gulped.

 

It was all because of my stupid jealousy over Sehun. My hands shook so much as I thought what could be happening to Kyungsoo at the moment. I finally decided to call Luhan to see if Kyungsoo came home without taking the car. Luhan picked up her phone at the first ring.

 

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO KYUNGSOO, YOU IDIOT!? I SWEAR I AM GOING TO KILL YOU." Luhan shouted into the phone.

 

"Is she there?" I asked.

 

"Yes! She came home soaking wet!" Luhan exclaimed angrily.

 

I sighed in relief and I told the driver to go back to the dorms.

 

"Can you tell her I'm sorry?" I said softly

 

"No. You are going to get your here and apologize yourself!" Luhan replied and hung up.

 

I closed my phone and looked up, I knew I messed up big time. I smacked myself on my forehead until I was pretty sure it was pink. I was so mad at myself. Why? I thought, Kyungsoo will never forgive me. I sighed and looked out into the rain.

 

                                                                                      ~

 

I sat in the warm bath tub and stared at the wall feeling so numb and empty.

 

Luhan helped me get my hair untangled and put it up in a bun. I felt my eyes prickle as I remembered what happened earlier. I wiped the tears away and sniffed. I closed my eyes and relaxed in the warm water. I never knew Kai could ever act that way.

 

                                                                                        ~

 

I arrived home and basicly rushed inside. I took my wet shoes off at the door and walked in. Sehun and Luhan were on the couch cuddling until Luhan saw me. Luhan got up and went over to me, she glared at me.

 

"Why would you do that?" Luhan asked.

 

"I was being stupid, I was alittle drunk too." I said looking Luhan straight in the eyes.

 

"Yeah, blame it on the alchohol. Do you know how much you hurt Kyungsoo? She walked home and she even cried. Do you know how much she likes you!? No not like, loves you." Luhan said and I could tell she was trying to keep her temper in check.

 

I gulped and now I really feel guilty. I looked onto the ground not having anything to say to Luhan.

 

"She's in the bathroom, you better go before you won't be able to see the next daylight." Luhan says and goes back to Sehun.

 

I nod and go to the bedroom me and Kyungsoo shared. I changed out of my nice clothes and just put some casual wear, I sit on my bed and wait for Kyungsoo to finish from the bathroom. The door opens.

 

"Listen, Kyungso-" I cut off as I see Kyungsoo only holding a towel.

 

I gape at Kyungsoo and she blinks at me. Her legs are a milky white, and they're curvy and slender. Her hair falls curling around her shoulders and her cheeks are a bright pink. I feel my own face heating up and I get up quickly almost tripping over my own body.

 

"I-I-I'll g-get out now." I say and go past Kyungsoo.

 

I hear Sehun and Luhan burst out laughing as Kyungsoo closes the door. I slap myself once on my face and I wait in the hallway.

 

                                                                                                       ~

 

I could still feel my heart beating as I grabbed my clothes to change into. I can't believe Kai saw me like this! Sure I was still mad at him but this was just so embarressing. He's probably puking his guts out in the hallway by the way he looked so red. I changed into my clothes and brushed my long hair and opened my door.

 

"You could come inside if you want too now." I say.

 

"O-oh, alright." Kai replied coming inside.

 

I went and laid down on my bed, with the blanket over me. I yawned and was about to fall asleep when Kai nudged me, when I turned around right there in my face was Kai. I backed up alittle and sat up.

 

"What?" I said trying to say it in a cold tone but couldn't.

 

"I want to apologize of how I behaved, I know I was acting like a total jerk because of my stupid jealousy." Kai said gently.

 

I felt my heart softening.

 

"Its fine." I say and turn around so I'm not facing him.

 

"No, its not fine." Kai replies harshly. "Its obvious that its not."

 

"What do you want me to do?" I snap back turning towards him. "To hate you? Well guess what? I can't because I have these stupid things called feelings which you didn't consider when you went and flirted with those other girls right infront of me."

 

I didn't even know when the tears started to fall and I wiped them away.

 

"J-just leave me alone." I said and laid back down.

 

I sniffed and wiped my nose with my sleeve.

 

"Im not done talking to you." Kai said.

 

"Well, I am." I answered back.

 

"Please?" Kai said weakly.

 

I turned back to him and I could see him tearing. I bit my bottom lip to keep it from trembling and I nodded.

 

"Im so sorry for everything, I didnt mean to act that way I was just overcome by so much jealousy because ...... I .... I love you so much." Kai confessed.

 

Tears fell out of Kai's eye and I started to cry too. I wiped his tears away.

 

"I love you too." I said softly.

 

Kai kissed me and I replied back. Kai pulled away and hugged me tightly, he kept on repeating "I love you" over and over again but I never got tired of hearing it.