Dinner Date Gone Wrong

If Only I Were A Girl

Kyungsoo POV:

Me and Luhan had found a dress in my closet. It was the one I had tried on at the mall, At first I was pretty surprised but I realized Kai must have bought it for me since he was the only one who saw me try it on. Luhan took the dress out of the closet and put it into a bag.

 

"Cmon, we going to get your hair done." Luhan said taking my hand.

 

"But I dont have money." I pouted.

 

"I dont care, i'll pay." Luhan pulled me out of the room.

 

Luhan brought me to a salon and next thing I knew I was on a chair with my hair being fixed. I looked around with wide eyes. When the girl finished I see my hair curled and pinned to the side of my head, I gaped at myself. Luhan pays and were onto the next place, well I was literally being dragged around.

 

I got my make up done and I bought low heels that Luhan told my to get, I didn't even know how to wear fell infront of Kai!? I sniffed. I sat tired on a bench with Luhan beside me who was babbling on and on how amazing I'll look.

 

"Luhan, are you alright with Sehun now?" I say interrupting her.

 

"I don't know a Sehun, is it a vegetable?" Luhan says.

 

I laughed alittle.

 

"I'm serious!" I reply.

 

Luhan looked down on her lap, her golden locks covering half her face.

 

"No, were not. I just can't find myself to forgive him yet." Luhan said softly.

 

"I'm sorry." I look down fiddling with my fingers.

 

"No, its fine. There's nothing to be sorry about." Luhan said smiling at me. "Your just concerned that's all. Now let's get you into that dress an shoes."

 

I sigh. Sure I might be a girl but I am not looking forward to be wearing heels. We go to the bathroom of a small cafe and I get changed.

 

"Its awkward. I'm the only one in formal clothes." I say aloud.

 

"Don't worry about it." Luhan replied outside the bathroom stall door.

 

I sigh and put on the dress and shoes. I come out behind the stall, and Luhan gasps at me.

 

"You look amazing!" Luhan says leading me to the mirror.

 

I stare at myself in the mirror.

 

"Who is that?" I ask softly.

 

"You, silly!" Luhan giggles.

 

I don't say anything.

 

"I-I don't think I can go, Luhan." I said.

 

"Why not?" Luhan asks confused.

 

"I .... I dunno. I feel like something bad is going to happen." I reply.

 

"Don't worry about it! You worry to much, Umma."

 

"I ..... I guess your right, nothing bad is going to happen."

 

"Let's go back to the dorms so you can go on your date with Kai." Luhan says leading me outside.

 

We get driven back and Kai is waiting outside. He's dressed in a black suit and the front of his hair is slightly curled. I wanted to faint on the sight of him.

 

"I can't do it!" I say backing away from the door.

 

"Shut up, Kyungsoo! You can do this! What's the worst that can happen?"

 

I whimpered slightly and opened the door as the car slowed to a stop. As I came in view of Kai, he smiled. I felt my heart stop and I felt a blush appear on my cheeks. Kai came over and helped me out of the car. I felt my heart do a marathon.

 

                                                                                            ~

 

Kyungsoo looked so delicate and beautiful. Her eyes were wide and there was a slight blush on her cheeks. I wanted to squeal at how cute she looked.

 

"Sorry, your going to have to get into another car." I said softly as Luhan climbed out.

 

Kyungsoo smiled up at me.

 

"Its fine, I don't want to do a lot of walking." Kyungsoo replied.

 

I wondered if Kyungsoo felt as nervous as I did.

 

"Have fun, Kyungsoo. Try not to mess up your hair and don't stay out too late, both of you. And if you both decided to do some 'extra' fun then use plastic alright?" Luhan said fixing Kyungsoo's dress.

 

Both me and Kyungsoo blushed deeply.

 

"L-Luhan!" Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

"Yah!" I said.

 

Luhan laughed out loud and walked inside but not before saying goodbye to both of us.

 

"Well, we should get going." I said opening the car door.

 

I already told manager that I was going out today and needed the car. Kyungsoo steps inside and I get in after. I tell the driver to go to Xiao's resturant. Its quiet on our way there.

 

"So what's the reason of asking me out?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"Its a surprise." I say and smile.

 

Kyungsoo looks at me and shakes her head smiling. It takes about 10 more minutes to get there, I get out first and help Kyungsoo out. I close the door and lead the way inside, a waitress comes over to us.

 

"Annyeong! Are you Kai?" The lady asked.

 

"Yes, I am." I reply and show her my ID.

 

"Alright, right this way."

 

As we follow the women, I look around. The floor is a mixture of hard floor and carpet, which are a nice wine red. The walls are a nice creamy color. And let's just say its nicer than the average restaurant. She leads us to a section upstairs and seats us at a table near a big fancy water fountain.

 

She sets our menus down and says she'll be back with water.

 

"Its so nice here, how will you afford it?" Kyungsoo said looking around with wide eyes.

 

"Well I've been saving my money." I answer.

 

Kyungsoo nods. The waitress comes back and sets down the water.

 

"Do you both need sometime to look at the menus?" She says.

 

"Yes, please." Kyungsoo answers.

 

I smile at the waitress and she leaves. I pick up the menu and look through it.

 

                                                                          ~

 

The foods been all ordered and were both waiting for the food to come. I was still very curious as to why Kai asked me out just so suddenly. I was about to ask when Kai beat me asked his question first.

 

"Do you like Sehun?" He asks.

 

I look at him confused. What did he mean?

 

"Um .... of course I do, I wouldn't want to be in the same group if I disliked him." I replied.

 

"No, I didn't mean it in a friendship way .... more like in a romantic way." Kai said.

 

"Oh-" I was cut off as the waitress sat the food down.

 

"Thank you." I said.

 

She nods at me and winks at Kai, I take a gulp and try to ignore the gesture, was she flirting with him? I take my food as she leaves. I forget the question Kai asked, I could see Kai wasn't really in a good mood anymore.

 

"Are you okay?" I ask gently.

 

Kai sighs and nods and he starts to eat without another word. We sit in silence as we eat.

 

"Are you sur-"

 

"I'm fine." Kai snaps.

 

I'm taken aback, and I don't say another thing. As the waitress passes Kai orders wine, she smiles and brings it a few minutes later. Kai pores some into his cup. He's not even legal to drink yet.

 

"Yah, your not old enough to drink." I say.

 

"Yes, umma." Kai says almost sarcastically.

 

What was his problem!? Did I do something wrong? Kai's emotions were getting to me but I tried to ignore the feeling. But I couldn't hold it when kai started to flirt with any girl that went by, he was clearly already tipsy. I could feel tears threatening to spill and I made my shaky hands grab onto my cup of water.

 

I bit my bottom lip and I splashed the water at Kai who was currently flirting with a girl.

 

"Yah! Are you going to sit there and flirt with other girls while I'm here!? What was the true reason you asked me? So you could play with me?" I said with one tear falling down my cheek.

 

I got out of my seat and walked away from the table. I almost tripped down the stairs but I caught myself in time and almost walked outside but it was raining hard, I didn't want to stay inside so I walked out into the rain. I don't want to take the car home and leave Kai stranded here while tipsy and I didn't want him to go home with anyone.

 

I could get on a bus or walk home though it'll take awhile. I go to the nearest bus stop and I look at the next bus to come, I almost cry out as the bus won't be coming until half an hour later. I start to walk home and I don't even notice when I started to cry cause of the rain.

 

                                                                                      ~

 

Sehun comes over to me and sits down next to me but I don't notice since I'm currently working on my rubix cube.

 

"Um ... Luhan?" Sehun says almost shyly.

 

"Yes?" I answer not looking at him.

 

"Can I talk to you?"

 

"Sure go ahead."

 

I wait for him to talk but he doesn't say anything.

 

"What?" I say finally looking up at him.

 

He suddenly kisses me, I'm left looking at him while he's kissing me. Sehun pulls away looking embarrassed.

 

"What was that for?" I ask confused.

 

"ImsosorryIshouldnthaveplayedwithyourfeelingsandIlikeyoualothyungImeannoonasopleaseI-" Sehun spouts his words out.

 

"What? I couldn't understand you." I ask a smile hidden on my face.

 

Sehun has such a kicked puppy look. I couldn't help but laugh alittle.

 

"I said-" I cut him off as I kiss him.

 

Its Sehun's turn to be surprised but he gets over it and kisses me back.

 

"I love you." Sehun says softly.

 

I gasp softly and I feel tears in my eyes.

 

"I love you too." I replied.

 

Sehun leans and kisses me once more. Somebody knocks on the door interrupting our moment, I look at Sehun and we probably have the both confused expression. Who could possibly be knocking? I open the door to see a drenched crying Kyungsoo, the dress clings to her slender body and her hair is a wet mess. Kyungsoo brings me into a wet embrace and I hug her tighly.

 

What happened?