Chapter 9

Living With The Derp Squad

My eyelids flutter open when I feel something whack against my foot.

“Sorry.”

I nod and close my eyes again.

Wait a second.

I force my eyes open and my cheeks stain pink.

“S-Sehun, why are you carrying me?!” I ask, keeping my voice steady.

He tightens his grip around my legs and waist. “You fell asleep on the couch. You were sleeping the whole time we practiced.”

My mouth turns into an o, and I nod slowly. I slept that long?! What the hell?

I slid my arm around his neck so I don’t fall without looking him in the eyes..

“Not to be rude, but why are you carrying me? Why not my brother?”

“Kai’s injured, and the rest are tired. I’m the strongest one here.” He smirks. I roll my eyes but ignore the cartwheel my heart just did.

We’re following behind the other guys and we enter the elevator.

“Uh… Sehun, you can let go of me now, you know…” I add awkwardly.

His eyes widen and he puts me down slowly on the ground, and I lean against the elevator wall next to Taemin.

We travel up in silence, and I can’t help but notice that Taemin and Luhan are sulking. What’s up with them?

“Yah, why are you sad?” I nudge Taemin’s arm, and he immediately smiles.

“I’m not sad!” He throws his arm around my shoulders, and I roll my eyes. I twirl around to unravel myself from my arm, just to bump into Luhan. He looks up a little and smiles.

The elevator pings open and we exit.

“I have to go back to my group, see you guys around. Nice meeting you Eunji!” Eunhyuk flashes a smile at me and I wave, giddy.

I’m slowly killing off my fangirling self but his smile.

Oh my mother of ing sweet jesus.

That was a goddamn beautiful smile.

At least I’m not internally screaming anymore though!

“Yah Lee Taemin!” I hear Onew’s faint voice from down the hall, and Taemin waves goodbye to us and runs off to his leader.

I follow Sehun, Luhan and Kai who head off to the dance room they were in before. We enter and all nine members are sitting around, doing nothing, the manager also lying on the ground, staring at the ceiling. Suho stands up, smiling when he sees us all.

“Yay, you’re here! Soo Man said we could go after you guys finished, so let’s go!” Suho starts skipping out of the room like a hyperactive bunny.

The members file out and I walk with the manager so fans don’t think anything else.

We exit the building and as expected, there are hordes of fans everywhere, flashing cameras and screaming “Oppa!” as loud as possible. I duck my head down and walk close to the manager, hoping not to get trampled.

We and turn the corner, shrieking still occurring behind us and I sigh. How the hell do they not pummel each fan who screeches in their ear! They must have had a temper management class in their training or something.

It finally becomes silent as we distance away from the fans and the members become less tense beginning to talk to each other and push each other around. Watching Kai have a poke war with Xiumin, it seems SM has made him more of a child rather than maturing him.

(A/N: green means English c:  )

“Toddlers…” Kris sighs, and I take a step forward, picking up my pace to catch up with him.

“You speak English?” I ask him, raising an eyebrow. He turn to me and looks equally surprised.

“I lived in Canada before I came to SM. You speak English too? Kai’s English though.”

“I learned in school, and Kai and I lived in America for a couple years when we were little. Kai never learned in school, he just picked up words when we were in the States.” Kris nods.

“English?!” Chanyeol comes out of nowhere and Kris rolls his eyes.

“You speak English too? Who else speaks English here?” I ask him, and his eyes grow wide.

Kris shakes his head, smirking. “I’m the only one who’s speaks fluent English in EXO, Chanyeol’s just trying to look smart.”

I laugh at Chanyeol’s confused face, his eyebrows scrunching together as he tries figuring out what we’re saying. He turns around and hurries forward to Suho, shaking his arm. “HYUNG, KRIS AND EUNJI ARE SAYING THINGS ABOUT ME IN ENGLISH AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY’RE SAYING.”

Suho turns around and walks backwards, grinning. He gives us a thumbs up and turns back around, Chanyeol whining in his ear.

Kris and I laugh while Chanyeol slows down to wait for us. “It’s okay, I know the basics. I can probably figure out what you’re saying.”

I look at Kris, who meets my eyes. “Hey Eunji, did you know when Chanyeol can’t sleep because of a scary movie he forces Baekhyun to stay up all night and watch dramas with him?”

I look at Chanyeol and can’t help but laugh. He looks so strong, like he’d never be afraid of anything.

Chanyeol eyes us and runs back to Suho. “SUHO HYUNG HELP ME PLEASE.”

“Kris, how come you guys talk a van to SM but not on the way back to your dorm?” I ask.

“Our manager wants us to stay fit and apparently practicing all day isn’t enough for us.”

“Hey. You know you love our walks.” The manager comes out of nowhere.

“You speak English too?”

“English, Korean and Mandarin. Being a manager of a linguistically diverse group, I have to.”

I nod. He said that like everyone he meets has asked him.

Lingustically.

So fancy.

We reach the dorm and travel up the elevator. The manager waves goodbye and everyone disperses in the living room, falling wherever. I sit on the couch in between Kai and Luhan cross-legged and look at the clock on the wall. It’s only 6 pm? I’m so tired right now though. From doing nothing, but you know.

“Hyung, I’m booreedddd.” Baekhyun complains, poking Suho’s arm.

Lay comes in from the kitchen and plops down on the ground.

“Let’s play spin the bottle!” He suggests.

“W-What?!” I mumble. Kai chuckles next to me.

“Truth or dare spin the bottle, calm down.”

I nod and relax, sinking into the couch. The guys agree and form a circle on the ground and I get on the ground and lean against the couch, Kai and Luhan on either sides of me.

Hm. Truth or dare.

This should be interesting.