Chapter 33

Living With The Derp Squad

 

Click.

My eyelids snap open and I look around, my eyes focusing. The blurry objects take form and before my eyes lay Chanyeol, leaning over his seat, his phone aimed at me.

“What are you doing?” I murmur, squinting.

He merely grins and surveys his phone, “You guys are so cute!” He squeals.

“Who’s so cute?”

“You and Sehun!” He replies as if I’m blind.

Huh?

Suddenly, as if I were blind, I take note of the sideways airplane. My head is resting on something, and I’m about to lift it off when a weight keeps it down. What am I on?

I tilt my head a little and my eyes widen slightly as I notice Sehun’s shirt, and my eyes trail up until they reach his shoulder, my head rested on as if it belongs there. I fell asleep on his shoulder... why can’t I get up?

I lightly poke the thing on top of my head and feel hair, and my eyes widen further as I realize Sehun’s sleeping soundly, his head resting on mine.

So I’m kind of stuck here?

Fun.

Too bad my neck’s getting a crick.

I lightly hold his head up and lift mine out, dropping his head back down too harshly. His eyes open and he blinks, sighing, “How long did I sleep?” He mumbles, rubbing his eyes.

I shrug, and my eyes widen even further, if possible, at the bruise that’s slowly revealing itself as the makeup rubs off onto his jacket sleeve. , does he have a brain?

“Bruise,” I hiss, and he stops rubbing immediately, slowly dropping his hands. He stares at me and I bring out a little mirror from my backpack, and he looks shocked as he stares at the reflection of himself, seeing the bruise.

That’s right, he never completely saw it. He was practically passed out when I was putting the makeup on, and he’s had it on since… So he never saw how he looked.

I sigh and sort through my stuff, pulling out a small bag of makeup, “Here, look this way,” I say, gesturing for him to turn his head towards me. He puts the mirror on his lap and looks at me, his eyes boring into mine.

He sure loves staring at me when I put makeup on him, doesn’t he?

I carefully cover the bruise, taking the moment and also fixing his cheek a bit. His eyes never leave mine, studying my every move as I fix him up.

“You’re staring at me like you’re in love with me,” I joke, and he scowls, but his eyes don’t flicker away.

I finish off and lean back a little, surveying my job. It looks perfect, actually. I should be a makeup artist.

I put my stuff away and check my phone. Just twenty minutes left, phew. I lean back in my seat, closing my eyes, the muffled hum of the engine slowly pulling me into sleep.

 

We head to the baggage claim, and I shrink back as the crowds of aggressive fan girls close in on EXO. I walk in the front with the manager who leads us through the throng of girls, throwing out apologies everywhere. He’s such a nice manager, putting up with and even apologizing to these shrieking, hyperactive girls.

“I LOVE YOU KAI!” A voice shrills, and I roll my eyes.

“KRIS!”

“LUHAN, YOU’RE VOICE IS AMAZING!”

“MARRY ME SEHUN!”

I scoff at their silly shouts and begin to shove some of the girls that refuse to part way for EXO to move through. They bark at me but I roll my eyes and shove harder as they eventually move out of the way.

We grab our bags and the manager leads us to a van that’s waiting outside and we pile in, one after the other. I sit next to Kris so I can use his shoulder again due to the fact that my eyes are still unwilling to stay open. Kai plops down next to me and growls when he sees my head on Kris’s shoulder, “Yah!” He calls, and I roll my eyes.

“Calm down Kai, I’m not secretly in love with Kris, I’m just tired, okay?!” I huff, and some giggles come from behind us.

 

We get to the hotel and the manager checks us in, more fangirls waiting outside the hotel. Seriously, have they implanted trackers in their pockets or something? How do they know all this stuff?

I sit on one of the couches in the lobby and Kai falls next to me dramatically, snoring loudly. I slap him when people start looking and he chuckles.

“Who’s Eunji rooming with?” D.O asks, and I look at Kai for an answer.

“Me, who else?” He replies, his eyes shut.

I nod and stand up when the manager approaches. “Up we go,” He gestures to the elevator.

It takes three trips to get all of us and our bag up to the room but five minutes later, we’re all standing in the hallway on the tenth floor.

“Okay, rooming is two per room all in this hallway,” The manager sorts through a bunch of room keys, “D.O and Suho in this room right here, Sehun and Luhan are across from them there at 1002, Kris and Tao are diagonal, over there at 1003, Kai and Eunji across from them at 1004, Baekhyun, Lay and Chanyeol next to them at 1006, Xiumin and Chen across over there at 1005, and I get a room to myself!” He proudly states, handing out the keys. Kai takes his and I follow him down the corridor, and we enter a spacious room with two queen beds. I drop my suitcase and run to the bed near the balcony, slightly hopping to avoid putting pressure on my foot. “I CALL THIS ONE!” I flip flop around on it.

He chuckles and hops onto the other bed. “Sure, whatever. I’m taking a shower, no funny business.” He shoots me a look and heads into the bathroom. What funny business is there for me to do?

I sigh and head out, looking into the hallway. Tao and Kris are across from us and Tao walks by his open door and grins at me.

“Eunji! Come here!” He grabs my wrist and drags me into their room, leaving me with no time to refuse.

Kris is sitting kris-crossed(see what I did there) on one of the beds and Tao pulls me onto the other bed, sitting kris-crossed as well. I look at him and he smiles innocently, “What’s wrong?”

“Why’d you yank me in here?”

He shrugs happily. “I dunno!” He slightly bounces as he says it and I can’t help but chuckle. He’s so adorable for a possible threat, what with his wushu and everything.

I sigh and lean back, my head hitting a soft pillow. “When are you guys doing any schedules or anything?” I ask.

“A little before noon we’re going to do the filming, then we have the rest of today and a lot of tomorrow free,” Kris informs me, and I nod into the pillow.

“Then what will w-“

“EUNJI!” Chanyeol bursts in the room, his arms above his head, in a slight V form as if I’m a drop of water and he’s found me after months of searching through a desert to no avail.

“CHANYEOL!” I imitate him, and he takes the opportunity of me having my arms up to quickly wrap his arms around my waist, pulling me up into a big hug. He’s so tall that my legs dangle and I feel uncomfortably like a ragdoll being tossed carelessly around.

“LET ME GO!” I whack his shoulders, and he chuckles, spinning around. “KRIS HELP ME!”

“I’ll help you!” A voice calls, though I can’t tell who it is due to the consistent and quick spinning on Chanyeol’s part.

Suddenly I’m being pulled backwards and I’m in Chen’s arms. I grin and he smiles back. “Thanks for saving me,” I say, bowing my head slightly. He chuckles and slowly places me on my feet and I sit on the foot of Kris’s bed, slightly backing towards him as Chanyeol approaches me. He pouts.
“You hate me,” He sighs, his shoulders drooping.

He’s too cute to hate.

Gosh darn it. you guys and your beautiful cuteness.

I shrug. “At least I don’t have to say it now.”

His eyes bulge out of his sockets, and D.O comes running in at the right time. “WHAT ARE WE FREAKED OUT ABOUT?!” He calls, his eyes wider than Chanyeol’s.

Luhan comes skipping in and seeing so many of us in here, he pouts as well. “You’re having a party and you didn’t invite me?!”

“You’re not worth inviting.” Chen replies bluntly, and I snort with laughter, as do the others.

“Hyung, I want food,” Tao whines, snuggling up to Kris.

Kris sighs and inches a bit away. “Get your own food, then.”

Tao looks up to Kris with big eyes. “But duizhang-“

“LAY,” Kris calls, and Lay comes out of nowhere, as if he were wearing the invisible cloak that he happened to steal from Harry Potter.

“Yeeeeeeees duizhang?”

Kris jabs a thumb at Tao. “Take him away,” He commands, like we’re in a mafia movie.

Lay grins before grabbing a Gucci bag on the table and heading towards the door with it. “Hey Tao,” he calls, “Look what I’ve got!”

Tao hops up and runs after him. “YOU DON’T TOUCH MY GUCCI YOU FACE.”

My eyes widen. “Tao swore!” I mumble, almost to myself.

Luhan nods, all of us watching as they sprint back and forth in the hallway, appearing in our view through the door every once in a while. “He’s serious about his Gucci,” He comments, completely straight-faced.

Kai enters, sprinting in to avoid being tackled by the tumbling Lay and Tao. He sees all of us and stops dead in his tracks.

“Fine,” He rolls his eyes, “Let me be a loner, see if I care…” He mumbles.

Kris checks his phone. “Two hours, let’s start getting ready soon,” He orders, and the guys slowly trudge out of the room, separating as they head off to pretty themselves up for the Happy Camp recording.

 

 


 

I just chose the current three main guys right now for the poll, we never know who may next :] lol jk.

but not really.

(but maybe)

(but not really)

anyways, see ya next chapter :D