Chapter 54

Living With The Derp Squad

 

A much too familiar voice rings out and I immediately shove myself away from Sehun, ignoring the emptiness that floods through me as the wind wraps itself around my body.

“Eunji? Eunji, where are you?” Kai’s voice calls from around the corner and I wince, my heart pounding. Sehun looks at me quickly, smiling though his eyes look panicked. He mouths ‘go!’ and I don’t hesitate to oblige, rushing further down the balcony and into the darkness. I flatten myself against the wall behind a tall potted plant and watch through the small branches as Kai comes around the corner, looking around.

“Hey… have you seen Eunji? I haven’t seen her and Kris says we should go soon.” Kai says, his voice injected with concern and I smile at the thought of him actually worrying about me.

Sehun shrugs. “Dunno. I think she was dancing with Eunhyuk hyung or someone,” He replies hazily and I bite my lip, hoping Kai won’t suddenly go “AHA YOU LIER” or something stupid like that.

Kai sighs heavily and turns around, heading back from where he came from. “Alright… come in soon, we have to wake up early.” Kai says as he leaves and I don’t move until I hear the door shut after Kai and Sehun gestures for me to come out.

I let out a deep breath and walk up to the railing, huffing and leaning my elbows on it. Sehun does the same next to me, our shoulders brushing but I don’t make to move.

“I… I don’t want to tell Kai,” I blurt, my eyes focused on the lights of cars trailing up and down a street. “He would kill you and he’d kill me and we’d both be dead and… that’d .”

Sehun chuckles and he takes my right hand, clasping it in both of his and I ignore the rushed beats of my heart pounding faster than normal.

“But… Sungmin and Donghae and Eunhyuk bet on us,” I rush out, shutting my eyes. “And I wouldn’t want Kai to find out on accident from them, and Kai would-“

“Do I make you happy?” Sehun asks abruptly and I open my eyes, at a loss for words.

Does Sehun make me happy?
My eyes fall on our intertwined hands, his right hand covering both of them, drawing small circles on the back of mine. My stomach flips and my eyes trace up his arms, up his neck to his face, his gaze focused on the beautiful city. He looks gorgeous, his hair lightly being tugged by the soft winds. My heart flutters and a smile reaches my lips as a “yes” falls out before I can understand what I’m saying.

I chuckle when I see a faint pink tinge his cheeks and he smiles, tilting his head down. “Well, if I make you happy, then shouldn’t Kai be okay with… us?”

 

“What would you do if I said yes?” I ask Kai, honestly extremely curious.

He ponders, tapping his finger against the ground. He finally looks up, replying honestly. “If he made you happy, then I wouldn’t kill him, but if he made you even just a teensy bit sad, then he’d lose his precious vocal chords.”

 

I stare out in the sky and nod after pondering, knowing he should be right. If I told Kai that Sehun and I… are together and he protested, I could just frame him for saying that he’s okay if a guy being with me if he makes me happy.

Knowing this, I suddenly feel a bit more confident and content and I stand up straight, Sehun doing so as well, eyeing me suspiciously.

“I don’t want to tell him yet. I will at one point… but not yet. Is that okay?”

Sehun nods and smiles, squeezing my hand.

“Okay. Go in first and take Kai away from the door so I can come in.”

Sehun chuckles, shaking his head. He lets go of my hand and leaves and I grab my heels from off the ground, slipping them back on my feet. After waiting a minute I hesitantly make my way inside, seeing Sehun and Kai talking across the room, Kai’s back to me. I distance myself from the door and watch as Sehun points to me in the corner of my eye.

Kai rushes over and sighs, appearing in front of me. “There you are! Time to go.”

The second we get in the room I change out of my dress and into a loose shirt and shorts, rubbing my feet. Stupid heels are stupid.

I hop in bed and Kai jumps in his and we both fall asleep until three loud bangs on the door jolt me up. Kai makes no sign of moving and I groan, getting up and throwing open the door, yanking both Sehun and Luhan in before slamming it shut.

Sehun chuckles and Luhan looks at me weirdly but I ignore both of them, getting in Kai’s bed and falling asleep right away.

 

The next week is a blur of nothing but the guys practicing much more than normal since they have a SMTown concert in Seoul with new joint stages in two weeks. I follow them around and wander around the building a majority of the time, hanging out with some of the groups or Bae or Ara.

Sehun and I, though he’s been practicing hard and I haven’t had much time to be with him, have gotten a lot closer which makes me extremely happy with the lack of awkward silences or conversations. I haven’t told Kai anything yet but I know I will soon, maybe when he has a minute to relax and not when he’s practicing himself to the ground.

I’m sitting in EXO’s practice room, watching in boredom and pity as they perform MAMA for the twenty-fifth time today. They all look dead but one of the managers is filming it so they’re pushing themselves, obvious pain on each person’s face. I watch Kai gulp hard during the screamo part, squeezing his eyes shut and biting his lip as he dances as well as he can.

I grimace watching him and stand up, leaving the room. I return after a minute just as the song ends with a new box of ice cold water bottles from the break room and the guys surround the box, thanking me profusely. I can tell they mean their gratitude, too. Each guy is drowning in their own sweat, relieved smiles on their faces as they down bottle after bottle.

As the box slowly decreases in numbers I quickly rush out and return with two more boxes, dropping the heavy things on the ground before my arms fall off. They rush to those boxes and I sit on the ground in my usual spot, watching as they fall on the floor, splashing water in their face.

“Alright,” The manager sighs, obviously feeling bad for them as well. “One more time and then we’ll be done. Is that okay?”

The guys cheer in response and they heave themselves and each other up, getting in position.

They perform it once more and collapse the second the song ends and I rush over to Kai who’s barely moving. I pour some water from one of the bottles on his face and his eyes shoot open, a smile on his lips. “Thanks Eunji.”

I nod in response, giving him the bottle and see Sehun on the floor as well amongst the sea of dead guys, completely immobile. I grab a new water bottle and kneel next to him, moving his fringe away from his forehead. He smiles up at me and I grin. “Say ahh,” I command and he obliges, opening his mouth. I pour a bit of water in and he sits up, swallowing.

“More,” He says cutely but I shake my head, standing up. He winks and I turn away, handing out more water bottles to other near-dead members.

We’re allowed to go out for lunch and the guys cheer, running away to the changing room to change into clean clothes that aren’t covered in sweat. I tap my nails on my leg and look up when the door opens, all of them coming out.

We go to a ramen shop not too far away and everyone scarfs down the food, the table completely silent as they vacuumed up the rest of the noodles. I watch in amazement, each person finishing their food in less than a minute. Kai finishes his the quickest and I push my ramen over to him, forcing it on him when he declines. Not fighting further, he inhales it as well.

I excuse myself to go to the bathroom and once I come out a hand grabs my wrist, pulling me back into the hallway. I turn and grin when I see Sehun who returns the smile, letting go of my wrist.

"They say we're leaving soon," He tells me.

I nod, about to step around him when he pulls back lightly on my shoulder.

“You have something here,” He says, poking the top of my lip. I swipe at it but he tsks, shaking his head.

“I’ll get it,” He mumbles, ducking down and planting a sweet kiss on my lips. I blush, smiling against his lips but not backing away. His face is red once I break away but he looks adorably ecstatic.

“What was on my lip?” I ask but his smile stretches.

My lips,” He replies dorkily and though I can feel my ears burning up I playfully punch his chest.

He’s kissed me multiple times(and I admit I have started the kiss sometimes) now since he asked me to be his girlfriend but every single time it feels like the first, Sehun’s plump, soft lips molding perfectly to mine.

I maneuver around him and walk back to the table, sitting down. Sehun returns afterwards, sitting down next to me and I smile to myself when I feel his fingers intertwine with mine under the table.

 

 


 

I know this chapter is kinda short but I'm double updating, either posting the next chapter in a half hour or when I wake up  since it's 3:30 am here haha. Please comment, your comments make my day <3