Chapter 12

Living With The Derp Squad

I sit at the dinner table next to Kai and eat quietly, ignoring Sehun’s frequent glances my way. He’s on the other side of the table a few chairs down but I can see his head tilt my way clearly every few minutes or so. I talk to Lay, who’s sitting across from me, answering his questions about my old school and friends and things like that. But my mind is other places.

It wasn’t my first kiss, to be honest. I had a boyfriend who didn’t last very long at my old school and he kissed me at a dance, one of those stereotypical me-blushing-like-an-idiot kind of moments.

I help Chen with the dishes and return back to Kai’s room, grabbing clothes for sleeping and changing in the bathroom.

I climb up the steps to the top bunk and plop down on top of the sheets, sighing.

I hear someone tapping their foot on the ground and peek my head over the head. Kai’s standing there, his arms crossed, staring up at me.

“What?” I ask, raising an eyebrow.

“You’re in my bed! You get the bottom bunk.”

I pout, frowning. “But I’m a guest, you should give me the top bunk!”

“But I’m older, so I should get the top bunk.”

“I’m a girl, treat me nicely!”
“I’m a guy, treat me with manners!”

“You’ve always had the top bunk here, try out the bottom bunk!”
“Do you want me to come up there and push you off?!”

“I’d like to see you try!”

Luhan walks in, sighing when he hears us arguing.

“I’ll choose!” Luhan says, sitting on his bed. He looks at both of us, contemplating who deserves the top bunk. I grin and so does Kai, both of us trying to please him.

“Top bunk goes to Eunji.” I pump my fists and Kai whines.

“YAH HYUNG WHY DIDN’T YOU CHOOSE ME?!” Kai comes at Luhan with a fist.

“She chose me as her favorite so she gets the top bunk.” I grin at Luhan who returns the smile and I wrap myself under the sheets.

Luhan turns off the lights. “Night, hyung. Night, bratty little sister.” Kai calls from below. I grab a stuffed Domo that Kai must have kept on the top bunk for some odd reason and look over the edge, chucking it at him as hard as possible.

“Oof-“ I watch as he grabs it and throws it back at me. I throw it back and we continue until Luhan sits up.

“I’m going to murder your Domo if you both don’t go to bed!” He threatens, falling back into his bed.

I hop back under the covers and shut my eyes, drifting into dreamland.

 

I wake up when what sounds like seventeen alarms go off in the room. I bolt up, as do Kai and Luhan who hop around the room, shutting off phones, iPods, alarm clocks, everything they scheduled to make sure they’d wake up on time.

“Are all those alarm clocks necessary?” I whine, falling back in bed.

Kai steps up the ladder and pokes my stomach. “You’re coming with us, remember? You have to get ready now too.”

I groan and leave the room, heading to the kitchen. No one seems to be making breakfast so I get out as many bowls as I can, filling each one with cereal. I put them in front of each chair at the table and scream “EAT BREAKFAST” as loud as I can.

Immediately Xiumin, D.O, Baekhyun, Tao and Chanyeol come in, grabbing the bowls and scarfing them down. I take an apple and munch on it since I’m not that hungry right now.

I head to the bathroom and get changed quickly, brushing my teeth and hair. I exit and sit on the couch, waiting for everyone to finish getting ready.

It’s kind of fun to watch everyone rush around like it’s the end of the world. They’re running around with their breakfast, some pajamas and some not. While I’m just sitting and enjoying the view.

“LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Chanyeol comes running through the hall, standing next to the front door. Slowly each member comes out of their rooms and walks to the front door. I stand up and join them.

The same van from yesterday is waiting to pick them up and we all haul in, and I sit next to the manager again in the front. He smiles at me and drives off.

“How was your first day living with them?” He asks me.

I sigh. “Interesting. Very… very interesting.”

 

We arrive at the building pretty quickly and I walk with the manager, my head buried in my phone so I look all coordi-noona like. Entering the building and flashing my entry card(let’s all just take a moment and enjoy the fact that I have an entry card) at the security guard, we p ile into the elevator and walk out on the same floor as last time, entering the same dance room as last time.

“Is this ‘EXO’s practice room’ or something?” I ask Suho, using air quotes.

“We usually use this room, sometimes we use other rooms but this is mainly ours.” He flashes a grin and I sit against the mirror like yesterday. The manager begins discussing a Music Bank performance and I tune in.

“-So be ready for the van to pick you up at 4 pm and we’ll take you there, and you’ll have two practice rounds on stage before the show starts.” The manager turns to me. “Eunji, would you like to come with us?”

Hm. That’d be cool, being backstage and all.

I smile. “If it’s not a burden, then sure.”

“Not at all. I’ll call in a backstage pass to be made for you, and guys, start practicing MAMA. Kai, Luhan and Sehun, go down to the basement, Eunhyuk wants you guys to practice your SMTown performance.” He jabs at the stereo and stands outside of the door, talking intently into his phone. Kai gestures for me to get up and I follow him, Sehun and Luhan out of the room into the elevator.

The ride down is silent and awkward. I’m next to Kai and Luhan and Sehun are on the opposite side of the elevator. Sehun’s eyes are piercing through mine, and Luhan’s head is swinging back and forth between us. Lucky for me, Kai’s eyes are focused on his phone so he doesn’t notice the three-way staring contest going on.

Sehun looks more sad than any other emotion his expression is conveying. I can’t tell why. We only, just barely kissed. Just barely. It was a kiss, but it barely met the minimum requirements for a kiss.

I feel like I’m grading what happened between us right now.

I flick my eyes away, ignoring the butterflies hatching in my stomach. He has such a deathly stare that invites you to return the stare no matter how much you want to look away. You just have to look at him also, as if his eyes are all you can see.

Kai exits the elevator first and Sehun quickly follows after. Luhan raises his eyebrows at me, and I walk out before he can ask me anything. But a hand grabs my wrist and pulls, turning me around. Luhan stares at me, his eyes glinting with confusion.
“What the hell happened between you and Sehun?” He asks bluntly.

I shake my head. “N-Nothing.”

Why do I have to at lying under pressure.

 “Something obviously happened. You’re both staring at each other like you’re allergic to each other.”

“I-I don’t know w-what you’re talking about.”

Luhan rolls his eyes. “You at lying. Sehun tells me everything anyways.”
He frees me and walks off to the room Kai and Sehun entered. I can only stare with my jaw open, before following after.

Taemin’s sprawled on the couch in the practice room and I push his feet off, sitting where they laid. He scoots close to me and throws his arm over my shoulders.

“Hey Eunji! How was your first day living with them?” He grins at me and I wiggle his arm off my shoulders.

“Weird.” I reply. Eunhyuk pops out of nowhere and smiles mischievously.

“We got a special visit last night.” Eunhyuk smirks.

I nod. “Eunhyuk ordered a stripper.”

I inwardly smile at my new found confidence around Eunhyuk yet silently kill myself for teasing  my bias. Stupid, intelligent me.

Taemin’s eyes widen, the size of Jupiter. “Mwoh?!” He turns to me. “EUNJI, HOW DID YOU KNOW? ARE YOU SECRETLY A STRIPPER?”

“You should ask Sehun what happened.” I glance at Sehun who’s sitting against the wall, glaring at me.

“Sehun, is Eunji a stripper?!” I whack Taemin, and Sehun stares at the floor.

“Sehun is.” I mumble, and Eunhyuk catches it, high fiving me.

“That’s it, I’m calling Baekhyun.”

Taemin whips out his phone and pulls it to his ear. “Baekhyun hyung? Yeah, it’s Taemin. Is Eunji a stripper?” Taemin nods a couple of times, his eyebrows scrunching together. “Oh, okay. Then why are Eunhyuk hyung and Eunji talking about a stripper Eunhyuk ordered?” Taemin nods more, and his eyebrows suddenly clear as his lips pull up into a grin. He bursts out laughing, and more laughing sounds from the other side of the phone.

Sehun immediately stands up and rushes across the room to the door. I watch from the couch as Luhan stops him, their heads close as Luhan’s face changes from worry to understanding. Sehun whispers something, and Luhan’s jaw immediately drops. His eyes travel from Sehun’s to mine, and I look away quickly.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

I might be in a bit of a kerfuffle.

No.

Not just a kerfuffle.

Oh , I’m scared.

I glance at Luhan and, though he’s across the room, his eyes are setting the room on fire.

“YOU KISSED SEHUN?!” He screams, probably destroying his lungs, and I sink into the couch.

Three heads spin my way, everyone’s eyes about to pop out. Taemin looks confused, Eunhyuk looks surprised and Kai looks furious.

Even the other side of Taemin’s phone has gone silent.

Suddenly Taemin’s phone erupts, an unbelievable amount of screaming coming from EXO’s practice room through the phone.

It’s like a domino effect. EXO’s screaming causes Kai to scream, causing Luhan to run over and scream more, causing Taemin to yell in confusion, causing Eunhyuk to try calming everyone down.

“WHY THE DID YOU KISS EUNJI?!” Kai shouts at Sehun who slowly walks over. He shoots what seems like the hundredth dagger today at me, and turns to Kai.

“It’s actually your fault, hyung.”

 “HOW CAN IT BE MY FAULT?! EUNJI, WHAT IS HE SAYING?”

I bite my lip and look him in the eye. “It… It is your fault.”

Kai falters and stops. “What. The hell. Did I do. To cause you two to kiss.” He screeches.

“Y-You banged on my door last night, and it scared me, and Sehun was right in front of me, and… and we kissed.” I mumble the last words, and look up at Kai. He looks like a mixture of surprise, irritation and sadness. He smiles softly at me and quickly turns to Sehun, his eyes catching ablaze right away.

“How. Dare. You. Steal her first kiss.” He grits his teeth, slowly approaching Sehun.

Well.

That-

I’m not sure whether I should tell him now or just let him murder Sehun.

Though a murder wouldn’t help his career.

Fine, I’ll tell him.

“Uh, Kai?”

“What?” He whips around.

“That… That wasn’t my first kiss.”

His eyes grow wide and his jaw falls to the ground.

 I bite my lip and continue. “R-Remember D-Daehyun? M-My boyfriend from h-high school?”

“YOU DATED B.A.P’S DAEHYUN?!” Taemin and Luhan yell. I ignore them and watch Kai carefully.

Kai nods and his mouth becomes an o. He looks sad, but turns to Sehun. He’s about to threaten Sehun more, but Luhan steps in front of Sehun, shielding him. “Yah, don’t get mad at him! She stole Sehun’s first kiss anyways!”

W-

What?!
I…

I stole Sehun’s first kiss?

But-

But he’s so handsome-

Wait.

So he’s never had a girlfriend before?!

Where the hell am I living, things-that-seem-true-aren’t-true planet? (a.k.a EXO planet)

I open my mouth to speak when Taemin clears his throat.

“Uh, you guys, Baekhyun says they’re all coming down here right now… So you guys should either be prepared to tell your hyperactive groupmates what happened or… you should hide.” Taemin stares at me, putting away his phone. “You should hide.”

I look at Eunhyuk, who nods kindly. “Here, some of you go in that wardrobe, some of you go behind that bookshelf, and I’ll tell them that you guys went to go get food.” I give him a thanks and hurry to the wardrobe, shutting the doors behind me. I can hear violent whispers, I think Kai’s voice, screeching something from across the room.

Phew. At least I’m not trapped in here with Sehun.

“Hide, now! I don’t want them screaming at us- Wait, Sehun, don’t go in there!”

 “They’re coming!” Eunhyuk whispers urgently, his ear against the door. He immediately sprints across the room and throws himself on the couch, grabbing his iPod. “Kai, get behind the bookshelf, Sehun, get in the wardrobe now!” Eunhyuk commands.

I spoke too soon.

The door opens and Sehun slides in quickly, pulling it shut. I turn on my phone so we have light and look around. He’s slightly ducking because of a clothing rack above our heads and there’s a teeny crack through the doors so we can see through. I glance at Sehun, holding my breath. He’s looking down, his lips a firm line and his head slightly tilted.

I can’t believe I’ve stolen someone’s first kiss.

And not just anyone’s, but Sehun’s.

Sorrow and regret wash over me and I bite my lip, trying to not spill out all the apology essays running through my mind.

“Sehun I’m sorry I-I stole your first kiss,” I blurt out whispering, and look up at him. He meets my eyes and nods slightly, his lips curving up into a small smile.

The second one.

The second genuine, sweet, actual, no--intended smile that I’ve seen from him. My heart skips a beat, butterflies banging around in my stomach.

But the butterflies hide away when a bang sounds from the other side and Sehun and I both hold our breaths. I bend down a little so I can see through the crack but so Sehun can see through it above me. The door in the practice room bursts open and the nine members of EXO pour in, their heads spinning everywhere, trying to find us. Kris walks forward and clears his throat.

“Eunhyuk hyung, have you seen either Eunji or Sehun?” He asks politely. Eunhyuk’s sitting on the couch lazily and looks up from his iPod.

“Yeah, they left with Luhan, Kai and Taemin to go get food.” Eunhyuk returns his gaze down to his iPod and I can’t help but smile. My bias is a pretty good actor.

The EXO members look around the room again before piling out, shutting the door behind them. I watch through the crack as Eunhyuk races to the door and puts his ear to it. After a few minutes, he peeks out, returns in and sighs. “Alright, come on out.”

Sehun and I push open the door and I walk out first, deeply inhaling air.

Well.

That was…

Eventful.

To say the least, of course.

 


 

HOLY GUYS THIS CHAPTER WAS SO FUN TO WRITE

i hope it's as much fun to read as it was to write :D

also, OTL (for those who were asking) is a person kneeling~ the O is the head, the T is the body/arm, the L is the legs. it's used when you've derped and feel idiotic haha xD OTL