Chapter 49

Living With The Derp Squad

 

Their actual concert starts at 6:00 p.m. and I occasionally take strolls outside before it starts to marvel at the load of fans waiting outside. There’s a few camera crews every here and there, probably for a DVD of the concert or something, and fans are screaming into it about their love for whatever member of whichever group they idolize.

Everyone backstage is rushing around, scurrying and pacing back and forth. The idols themselves look calm and collected but the workers and directors and assistants are freaking out over their minds.

The first few performances go by and I sit in the audience for a while, cheering them on. F(x) performs, a few joint performances go on and then Eunhae does Oppa Oppa. Eunhyuk points at me and winks in the middle of the performance and I blush, holding in all my fangirling screams that want to attack everything and destroy the sound barrier.

EXO goes on after and I cheer unbelievably loudly. Kai points at me as well, but points everywhere else so fans won’t go “HOLY WHO IS THIS ALL MY PRECIOUS OPPAS ARE POINTING AT”

I go backstage once EXO finishes and find them sweating buckets in their dressing room, despite the fact that each one is grinning madly.

“How were we?” Suho asks once I enter and I give him two thumbs up, smiling. “You guys were amazing, really.”

I walk over to Kai, who’s guzzling down a bottle of water.

“Good job, Kkamjong.”

He rolls his eyes but his lips pull up as he continues downing the drink.

“When’s your next performance?” I ask him as he throws out the empty bottle.

He looks at a piece of paper sitting on a nearby table. “Uh, after SHINee does Love Like Oxygen. SHINee does a talk and Sehun has time to change, and then we do our performance, and then after is Chen, and Ryeowook and Eunhyuk, and Eunhyuk has time to change while Ryeowook and Chen are singing… yeah.”

I nod and look back when I hear Oops start. I turn to him and wave the sapphire blue light stick in my hand.

“See ya!” I wave goodbye at him and rush out, flashing my backstage pass at a security guard who stops me in case I’m a fangirl.

Well, I am, but I’m a special kind of fangirl.

Not the retarded kind.

Anyways.

I hurry to my seat and start cheering along, laughing every here and there at the stupidity of the lyrics.

The song ends and Lucifer starts. I stare in shock when I see a shorter version of Minho, only to realize that it’s Luhan I’m staring at instead of Minho. He’s filming some drama, right? Yeah. I forgot Luhan was taking his place.

I cheer along anyways, my eyes consistently falling on Luhan. He catches my eye and winks as he walks past and I look away, blushing. It’s weird how cute he can be in the dorms, and, well, basically everywhere, but when’s he’s onstage, he’s unbelievably charismatically amazing looking.

Super Junior performs my favorite song ever after, and I basically scream the lyrics with them. I love Superman so much, how amazing and cool it is. I scream even louder when they show Kangin and then even louder when Opera starts.

DBSK performs afterwards and then Super Junior does their Bonamana remix version. Afterwards, DBSK comes back and does Rising Sun and SHINee does Juliette after.

I really love how each performance, every single fan gets out a different light stick so each group has their own ocean of their official color. It’s nice seeing fandoms getting along.

SHINee does Love Like Oxygen next and I cheer them on, surprised to see a different Minho this time. Once they come closer I see that it’s Sehun and don’t realize that my cheering grows louder.

They stop in front of my seat and a platform begins lifting them and I laugh when Sehun forgets to step on, having to slightly hop up when it’s already lifted. Taemin’s laughing and I’m busting up. He shoots me a glare and I can’t help but wonder for about the millionth time how they all can spot me from onstage. Isn’t it too bright to see anyone or tell anyone apart?

Sehun goes backstage while SHINee stays onstage, doing their introductions and speaking Japanese for the fans. My eyes follow Sehun as he leaves and just as he’s about to disappear, I can barely make out his hand waving in my direction. I think he’s telling me to come backstage, but I’m not sure.

Hesitantly, I get up and go backstage, curious. Did Kai want to see me or something?

Backstage is bustling like always and I look around, confused. I don’t see him, or Kai. They must be getting changed, since they have their dance performance next. SHINee has about a minute or two left until Eunhyuk, Kai, Sehun and Luhan have to be prepared to go onstage and then there’s a minute long introduction to their performance so Taemin has time to get dressed. But Eunhyuk, Kai, Sehun and Luhan should be out here soon just in case.

I’m broken out of my thoughts when I hear my name being hissed and I turn around, spinning to find the douche that’s playing with my mind. I swear if it’s Kai just trying to get back at me and this is the pathetic thing he does for revenge…

My name is hissed again and I finally see Sehun around the corner, in one of the more secluded hallways. He beckons me over, disappearing and I tentatively walk towards him.

I round the corner and he’s standing there, somehow already dressed for his next performance. His hair is styled down and he’s got thick eyeliner on, his skin looking utterly flawless.

“Hey, you did good with SHINee,” I say nicely, slightly confused as to why he called me over here.

He nods, staring at me. His eyes are piercing mine, staring right through me and I shift a little, feeling uncomfortable.

“So, I’m going to go now…”

I turn and am just about to round the corner when he blurts “No!”

He grabs my wrist, spinning me around. I stare at him and he slowly release his grip on my wrist, his eyes never leaving mine.

Suddenly his hands are cupping my face and I’m frozen, my body unable to move or respond or run or do anything but stand still like a confused giraffe.

His gaze slowly drifts down to my lips and I gulp, watching as he slowly tilts his head towards me.

“Sehun-“

Before I can question what the he’s doing, he pulls me forward a little, molding his lips to mine.

Wait.

What.

I gasp against his lips but he completely ignores it, my bottom lip lightly. He tilts his head to the side to get a better angle, moving his lips in harmony against mine, his eyes shut.

My eyes on the other hand are wide open, my body still completely frozen as an ice cube. He doesn’t make any sign of moving though his lips do, pressing against mine, soft yet firm.

I don’t think I can move. It’s impossible for me to know what the correct way to respond to this is. I either shove him away or kiss him back… and I can’t seem to do either.

I don’t know what to do.

His hands move to my neck, one hand pulling on my waist to bring me closer. I move with his force, not having the will to pull away or do anything but just wait for him to finish whatever the he’s started.

After what seems like much, much too long, he breaks away from my lips yet keeps his head near mine. His eyes roam around mine, his lips parted, his breath heavy against my trembling lips. His lips are close, too close to mine, occasionally brushing against my lips with every trembling breath.

I finally find the will to move and try moving back, though his firm hold on my waist keeps me still. I gulp and barely make out “Sehun-“ when he interrupts me with possibly the worst cliffhanger of my life.

“Eunji,” He breathes, his eyes full of something much stronger than lust, “Will you-“

“SEHUN! God, where is he… Oh! SEHUN, COME HERE!”

Sehun quickly retracts his hands from my neck and waist and he stands up straight, immediately turning around and walking away. He heads to Eunhyuk without looking back and I stand, stunned, confused, agitated, confused, wondering, speechless, confused, surprised, trembling, and most of all, confused.

Sehun just kissed me.

Oh Sehun just kissed me.

Cocky EXO-K maknae just kissed me.

And then he left a cocky cliffhanger like the he is.

“Will you-“

What was he going to say?

Oh .

What was he going to say.

 

What was he going to say.