Chapter 6

Living With The Derp Squad

 

Luhan’s POV

I can’t believe this.

I can’t do anything but stand and watch as Sehun laughs with Eunji.

Laughs.

As in that thing you do when you’re happy and experiencing joy and amusement. Something that requires happiness.

Let’s also notice that she’s wrapped around his arm, like he’s her source of oxygen.

Yeah, Sehun’s a  happier-than-sad person and he has laughed before, pretty frequently around me and people he's close with, but with a girl?

Hell must have frozen over because I think I’ve discovered a land with no oxygen.

This really makes no sense.

They’re walking down the hall, both of them laughing about something. I don’t know what. He’s laughing though. Full on closed, wrinkled eyes, outstretched grin, leaning his head back laughing.

Why is this happening?!

One of them might have said something funny, but that usually doesn’t affect him. He usually just brushes it off and keeps his scowl.

 

Eunji’s POV

Sehun seems to have remembered that Eunhyuk wanted him to give me a tour of the place and he drags me away from the other guys, taking me down some hallway.

I shoot him a glance as we walk, surveying his face. He looks like he’s sufficiently bored with life, like he’s seen all there’s to see yet isn’t impressed and would rather die than continue living the life he has.

What an optimistic person.

“So, where are we going?” I ask him, and he shrugs noncommittally.

“I’ll be showing you the whole SM building, so… everywhere.”

I nod and rub my head. I really don’t want to be here. I’d rather just sit in bed and sleep the day away and wake up and be happy and roll around rather than roll around in this building watching people work their asses off for a possible debut.

“Are you okay?” He asks.

I look at him and nod. “Yeah…”

that Kim Jongin, making me come here…

“What did you say?” A corner of his lips curl up.

“Uh, what did I say?”

“You whispered something like ‘Eff Kim Jongin’ or something.” Sehun watches me, smiling with amusement.

“N-No, I didn’t say th- OH MY GOD,” I scream, a spider shooting down from the ceiling. I back straight into Sehun, whacking his arm and ignoring his attempts at dodging my hits.

“What happened?!”

I point with a wobbly finger at the demon thing. “S-S-S-Spider!”

I hear a sound that I didn’t think I’d ever hear anywhere in a ten mile radius of Sehun.

A chuckle.

I turn my head and look at him, seeing a full on grin on his face.

He’s laughing at me.

“Why are you laughing?!” I ask, my eyes the size of Jupiter.

“You’re afraid of spiders yet you’re not afraid to say a bad word in English about your own brother?” He says, not breaking his laughter. I look down at my feet, embarrassed.

I can’t help but laugh too, seeing such a nonexistent feat happen right before my eyes.

“Hey guys! Whatcha laughing about?” An arm swings over my shoulders and I unintentionally tighten my grip on Sehun. Where the hell did Luhan come from?!

“Nothing.” I reply, still grinning, as is Sehun.

“Okay... Well I’m joining Sehun as your tour guide.”

“Why?" Sehun frowns.

“Because the guys are no fun.”

“Er…okay.” I feel awkward. Luhan’s got his arm around me and I can’t really move out of the way since I’m holding onto Sehun. I loosen myself from Sehun and I duck out of Luhan’s arm, backing up. They both turn around and look at me.

“I’m free!” I say, pumping a fist, and I walk on ahead of both of them, “Come on, show me arou-“ I’m cut off when the Suho comes running around the corner into the hallway.

“There you guys are! Come on, we have to go back to the dance room right now.” He says, breathing heavily. He must have been running the whole time he was looking for them.

Luhan sighs, “Why? Lunch break isn’t over yet!”

Suho shoots him a look of irritation. “Soo Man wants to talk to us. So come on now!”

Sehun and Luhan’s jaws drop. “Soo Man?!” Sehun confirms. Suho nods and grabs their arms, pulling them down the hallway.

I follow after, a little slower. I wonder why Soo Man wants to talk to them so suddenly.