T-0-P

Monster

 

Okay, so I’ve seen plenty of attractive men. Plenty.

But as I sat down with Cho Hee in another observatory room, I could barely take my eyes off this man. He’s taller than Daesung, Seungri, and Blondie, and he has brown grey hair and reptilian green eyes. High, sculpted cheek bones and a small cat like mouth.

Cho Hee clears , snapping me out of my daze.

“Specimen T-0-P,” she reads, and he eyes her.

“You could just say TOP,” he hints lightly, surprising me with how deep and smooth his voice is.

“TOP,” I murmur, and his cat lips curl up into a smile.

“And you are?” He asks kindly.

“Minji,” I say quickly. Too quickly. I mentally kick myself to be cool.

“Minji,” he repeats, grinning. He’s got dimples, that are sort of lines, and I resist the urge to reach out and try to touch them. Not that we’re in the same room. Of course not. I also resist asking him to say my name again.

“As in…Bu Minji?” He asks suddenly, and I smile inwardly. He knows who I am! A y guy like him knows my na-

My thoughts get cut off when I look over at Cho Hee and see her glaring at me. Remembering what she said earlier, I shake my head, thinking of another last name.

“Kang Minji,” I reply smoothly, and he eyes me. Can he tell I’m lying? Why in the world did I use Daesung’s name?!

“I knew a little girl named Bu Minji,” he tells me, eyes locking with mine, “I loved her mother very much. I only met the little girl once, but she’d be about your age now.”

I gulp, unable to look away. His green eyes shift colors, seeming to swim, but never looking away. He seems to grow tired of messing with my emotions and he turns away, leaving his back to us.

Wait, what was that he said about my mom?

“Ready,” he mutters easily, and pulls out a chain. An ITB is lowered into the training area and he runs at it, slicing through it easily with the chain. His face is serene as he does so, as if he wishes he didn’t have to. But something deep inside me says not to trust his emotions or words. Not to trust him.

But I want to. Desperately.

“I need to use the bathroom,” I whisper to Cho Hee, noticing TOP’s head tilt towards us, even from across the training room.

She eyes me for a moment before nodding, “Down the hall to the left.”

I hurry out of the room, the door swooshing closed behind me, and hurry down the hall. On the wall are pictures of employee’s, current and old.

I stop when a familiar face jumps out at me. My mom. I look away from the picture to the one next to it, and my eyes widen in surprise.

It’s TOP. He’s in a lab coat, with eyes that are dark, not green. And his hair is blue!! It’s bright blue!! A big grin shows off his perfect teeth and deep dimples. Even though his eyes are dark, they look…happier, somehow.  I grin at the picture, looking down at the label.

“Choi Seunghyun,” I read quietly aloud to myself, “Huh.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Sorry for the short chaptah! Hope you guys like it!