Suspended

Monster

 

I close my locker quietly as the first bell of the day rings, trudging to first period. My whole body feels tired. Let’s just say, whenever I did manage to fall asleep last night, the dreams weren’t so nice. A hush ripples over the other kids in the room as I sit down. They point and mutter. No one comes up to me though. Nice.

I sigh and get out my books, when guess who saunters up to me. Yup. s McGee. I glare up at her.

“What do you want?” I ask sharply.

“Where’s Daesung? I heard he got shipped away to some freak factory. There was always something wrong about him.” She sneers, and my hands clench into fists.

“Just because he wouldn’t ‘tap that’ like all the other boys do for you, means he’s a freak?” I smirk, “That’s pretty harsh, .”

“What did you just call me?” She asks, eyes turning cold.

“You heard me,” I retort, standing up to meet her level. The room is dead quiet now, all eyes are on us.

“At least I get some. You followed him around like some love-sick puppy for years. I bet you want to be locked up with him. Freak.” She grins smugly.

That did it. I snap, and lung at her, hands grabbing fistful’s of her long hair. We scream at each other, clawing and hitting in blind rage. We roll around on the ground, people jumping out of our way before the teacher rushes in and pulls us apart.

Needless to say, we were both send to the principal’s office.

“She just attacked me,” I could hear JinYun sobbing to the principal from where I sat in the hallway. “I-I asked her where Daesung had gone, and she just attacked me.”

“There, there,” the principal comforted her. A moment of silence passed before he spoke again.

“Now, JinYun, if you’ll just keep this whole situation with Daesung quieted, I’ll make sure Minji gets punished and you won’t.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I can’t be punished!! She started it!! My mom will kill me if I get suspended.

JinYun agreed, still sniffling, and I could hear their chairs sliding back as they stood up. The door opened and JinYun strutted past me with a smug grin.

“Good luck, freak,” she muttered, and I bit my tongue to keep from throwing back some sharp comment.

“Minji,” the principal stood in the doorway, “come in.”

I sat across from him, head hung. I just wanted to get this over with and get my punishment.

“Minji, you know that what you did was unacceptable. You are not to lay a hand on another student. I don’t care what they say or do to you, if you don’t want to get in trouble, keep to yourself,” he instructed. Leaning forward, he sighed.

“Now, I know that you must be taking what happened to your friend very hard, but you must not let your feelings take over you. Because of what you did, you will be receiving three weeks suspension.”

I stare, open-mouthed at him. “Th-three weeks?! What am I supposed to do for three weeks?!”

“Please don’t raise your voice at me, Minji. During those three weeks you can think about what you’ve done, and maybe write an apology to Mrs. JinYun.”

I stare, fuming, at his desk. This is ridiculous. I hate that dumb . No way I’m ever going to write her an apology.

“Would you like me to call your mother to drive you home?” The principal asks, and I sling my backpack over my shoulder angrily.

“I’ll walk,” I snap back, shoving my way out the door.

 

Three weeks. Three whole weeks. I run my fingers through my hair as I walk home. Mom was going to kill me. She hasn’t said a word to me since yesterday, and I’m afraid of what she’ll do when she finds out she has to find something to do with me for three weeks.

I unlock the door, and to my surprise, mom is in the kitchen.

“Uh…hi,” I say awkwardly, slinging my backpack onto a chair.

“Hi Minji, you’re home early,” she states, not looking up from some papers.

“I got suspended.” I blurt out, watching her carefully. A moment of silence passes before she nods.

“Okay,” she mutters, and I stare incredulously at her.

“Okay?! Mom, I got suspended. For three. Weeks.”

She nods again, eyebrows pinched together as she scans the paper. I sigh, and tap my foot impatiently.

“Can I help you with something?” She asks finally, looking up from the paper.

“What am I going to do for three weeks? Sit around at home?” I ask, and she thinks for a moment.

“I suppose you’ll have to come to work with me. But don’t expect to see BNfz 03s4.”

I stare at her, and a sharp pain shoots through my heart. “What did you just call him?” I gasp.

“Go to your room. You’re suspended, aren’t you? I have work to do.” She points to my room with one finger, turning back to the papers.

I stumble into my room, crashing onto my bed in a balled-up position.

She won’t even call him by his name. I bet no one there does.

What if he forgets it like that other blonde boy?

I won’t let him forget it. I’ll figure out a way to see him.

I drift uneasily into sleep, where I run from long-clawed monsters that reach out at me, but when I turn and look at them they have Daesung and the blonde boy’s face.

But they aren’t the true monsters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waaaaaah, don't forget your name, Dae!~

XD Hope you guys like this chapter! <3