Personal Information

Monster

 

“Long time no see,” the blonde boy muses with a friendly smile as I sit down. I smile back up at him.

“Miss me?” I ask jokingly and he gives a small laugh and nods.

“You bet.” He eyes my mom while talking to me. I can practically hear the gears in his head working furiously. He’s concentrated. But on what, I don’t know.

“How are you feeling, 9A2-7331?” Mom asks after he shows his arm to her and she jots something down.

He hesitates for a moment, his eyes narrowing as he carefully decides his response.

“Content,” he finally answers. My mom searches his face momentarily before writing that down.

“How did you sleep?”

“I didn’t, as usual.”

“How did you eat?”

“I didn’t, as usual.”

My eyes widen, and I eye his small frame. No wonder he’s so skinny.

“Why not?” I ask without thinking, and surprisingly my mom doesn’t do anything.

He grins heartily, “I don’t want to be pumped full of drugs.”

That makes sense. I don’t think I’d eat or sleep here either.

“Makes sense,” I reply lightly, swinging back and forth in the roll-y chair.

“How’s your friend?” He asks, and I notice my mom freeze beside me.

“He’s…fine…,” I answer slowly, glancing at my mom with wide eyes. He watches my expressions.

“Alright,” he mutters.

 

I follow my mom down the hall to the next stop, struggling to keep up with her.

“Mom?” I ask tentatively, “I didn’t say anything to him, just so you know. I just told my friend was…admitted here.”

She eyes me momentarily before letting out a long breath.

“Alright.” She says finally, “Just don’t tell them a lot of personal information, okay? They tend to use that against us.”

“Okay,” I reply slowly, following her into the next room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter, I know. I've been gone for awhile, I know.

Sorreeeeeeeeh >.<

Hope you guys like this one though, and please comment, I love hearing from you.