Visiting A Friend

Monster

 

Peeking my head through the door, I glance around the white room. “Seungri?” I whisper, dread filling me slowly. I wasn’t supposed to be in here. My mother gave me her ID to go see Seungri, but I wasn’t supposed to be in his room. I was supposed to be in the observatory area. But of course I couldn’t follow instructions. Of course my heart had to be larger than my brain, and I figured Seungri would like to be face to face with a real person for once.

“Seung…Seungr- AHHH” I scream suddenly when too stone-hard hands grabbed my shoulders from behind. Trembling, I slowly turn around to see a pair of puzzled, reptilian purple eyes.

“What are you doing in here?” He asks, his face uncharacteristically serious. I chuckle nervously, not expecting this reaction from him.

“I wanted to come see you,” I tell him sweetly, plucking his strong hands off my shoulders. “I figured you were bored, not seeing anyone all day.”

He eyes me, still seriously, before giving up and sighing, eye smiling gently at me. “You didn’t have to come in, you know.”

“Maybe I wanted to,” I reply. He rolls his purple eyes, and I can’t help but remember Daesung earlier. My stomach twists at the memory, and I wince slightly. Seungri raises an eyebrow, and I marvel silently at how we can communicate with so few spoken words. Sighing tiredly, I sit down on the hard white floor, motioning for Seungri to join me.

“Daesung’s first ITB test was today,” I tell him softly, playing with the hem of my sock. I bite my bottom lips when tears immediately prick my eyes, mentally cursing myself for caring so much about Daesung.

“How’d it go?” Seungri asks. Blinking hard, I turn to look up at him, and I lock eyes with him.

“I saw…,” I murmur, my gaze bouncing between the two purple spheres. “I saw him…change.”

Seungri’s gaze never flickers, but he nods, his body wilting slightly. I see in his eyes what he felt as he went through his first ITB test. The excitement he felt when discovering the new amazing things he could do. The confusion at the lab rats around him not feeling the same excitement. The loneliness of being a young boy going through that change. He didn’t have someone, like Daesung has me.

I sit there, eyes wide, and Seungri smiles slightly, eyes warming. He knows what I see. He understands that I understand. Grinning softly, he slings an arm around my shoulders, being careful not to let the whole weight of his strong arm crush me.

“I could get used to having a friend,” he mutters, and I grin over at him.

We sit there for what feels like a perfect eternity. Seungri’s strange warmth, unhuman and unmoving, kind of like a rock heated from the inside out, allows me to drift off into my own thoughts. My eyelids drift close, my thoughts shifting from specimen to specimen. The blonde boy and his curious kindness lined with a sharp ability to destroy. Y-B and his trembling, terrified of what he had become. Seungri and his instant brother-like sweetness and willingness to accept things. Seunghyun and his all-to-connect past to my own. And then Daesung.

Daesung would be one of them soon. He wouldn’t radiate the Daesung warmth that I loved so much, that held me and comforted me. Kept me safe. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone who radiated that like he did. He would be the same rock-like solidness that Seungri was.

I’ve known Seungri for how long? Not a lot of time. And I already adore him.

Could I get used to Daesung, knowing him as a human for most of my life, but having him turn into…

Into…

I don’t even know what he’s turning into.

I sigh as this thought hits me, standing up slowly. “I should get going,” I murmur to Seungri, who still sits, legs crossed, on the floor. He nods, and I find my way out.

I need to figure out what Daesung’s turning into. What to call him.

I need to figure out if he’ll still be him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter. No dedication. It's late. I'm tired.

Enjoy the story ya'll