In My House

Monster

 

I scream loud and long, throwing the pillows on my bed at him as hard as I can.

“H…hey!” He half-laughs, dodging pillows. “Hey, cut it out!”

I run out of ammo, and breath, and suddenly he’s in front of me, holding my arms so I won’t run. He smiles softly and I relax.

“It’s just me,” he murmurs, and I sink to the floor, exaughsted. He watches me from where he stands, and I run my fingers through my hair.

“How did you get here?” I start out, eyes closed. Part of me doesn’t even want to know.

“Someone let us out.” He says simply, knotting his hands behind his back and leaning against the wall.

“And what does that mean?” I ask slowly, trying not to flip.

“Someone lit up the place. We all got out,” he murmurs. He pauses for a moment to think, then continues, “actually, I think we were the only ones who got out.”

“Lit up? As in…explosives?” I ask incredulously. He nods, blowing air into his cheeks.

Someone blew up the facility. And they got out. They all got-

I stand up abruptly. Daesung.

“Is he here?” I ask him quickly, and before he can answer, a pair of feet swing into my room through the window. Seungri lands neatly, one eyebrow raised at the blonde boy.

“She awake yet?” He asks, and the blonde boy jerks his head to where I am. Seungri turns and grins, loping over.

“Good morning, sunshine!” He says perkily, and I watch him cross the room.

“Someone’s chipper.” The blonde boy mutters, half-sarcastically.

“Is he here?” I ask him again, and he glances toward the window. I can see the gears in his head working out how he should answer, but he just nods.

I race out of my room and down the stairs, hearing Seungri’s grumbled “I didn’t even get a hello,” as I fly through the house. I unlock the front door and fling it open and let out a quick breath.

There he is.

He looks perfect against the dark night, blonde hair overly messy, face crumpled in worry.

“Minji…” he says softly, and my heart flutters. Without replying, I wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his warm, hard chest. He’s completely surprised at first, but quickly hugs me back as hard as he can without crushing me.

We stand there for a long, perfect moment, holding each other, when he finally pulls away and I can see the guilt clouding his eyes.

“Minji, I’m so sorry,” he whispers painfully, and I grin, tears pricking my eyes. I just nod and give a sad kind of chuckle. Hugging him tightly again, I manage a whispered, “I understand.”

He pulls away for a moment and looks seriously into my eyes. His eyes aren’t anywhere near usual, but their reptile-like yellow is almost as familiar to me now as the deep brown.

Before I can say anything to him about it he presses his lips to mine. My bare toes curl against the cold patio cement and I hear a scoff from behind me as I twine my arms around his neck. It all seems too perfect until  a deep, familiar voice stops me in my tracks.

“This is all very cute,” Seunghyun’s rumbles, “but we can’t stay here.”

I turn slowly away from Dae, hands on his chest, to see Seunghyun’s tall frame standing behind me. His green eyes lock with mine, and my hand instinctively finds Daesung’s.

“Hello,” Seunghyun says curtly, a small smile on his catlike mouth. I can’t help but realize that I’ve never stood in the same room with him without something separating the two of us.

Of all the five I’ve met, he’s got to be the only one that scares me. And here he is. In my house.

I slyly move so that Daesung’s in front of me.

I look around quickly, taking in the five faces. Seungri has an eyebrow raised at me in annoyance. The blonde boy is staring off into space, and Y-B is standing shyly behind him. I can feel Daesung’s solid body in front me, and he turns to me, and my eyes roam his face.

“Wait a second,” I murmur.

“Where’s my mom?”