Wind like love... (Part 2)

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

Jessica could feel the cold icy water as she felt her body swirl around. She kept her eyes shut while feeling the torrent with her body. She was afraid and alone in the big ocean. 

"Where am I going to end up?" her mind in panic.

She gathered herself moments after swirling around in the ocean and struggled to get out of the water. Unfortunately the waves were too strong and she was shut under water. 

"Sooyoung, please help me..." she thought to herself as she felt her body losing oxygen quick and needed to get air.

--------

Sooyoung exited her bathroom and was drying her hair with the towel. She climbed up her bed and looked at her phone. 

"Ah it's already so late, I wonder if Jessica got home yet." Sooyoung dialed Jessica's number and waited for Jessica to pick up her phone. 

Jessica's phone remained in her bedroom unanswered as Jessica continued to struggle underwater. Jessica's phone vibrated on the desk in the room where no one was present.

Sooyoung waited for Jessica to pick up her phone worriedly. This was already the 5th time she was calling. 

"Aish, where did that girl go?" Sooyoung was extremely worried for Jessica. 

She got dressed, picked up her car key and zoomed off to look for Jessica. Sooyoung arrived at the cafe where they dined earlier.

"I'm sorry ahjussi, have you seen Jessica?" the shop owner was familiar with Sooyoung and Jessica as they often got their meals here after surfing.

"She left moments after you left just now." the owner replied from his memory.

"She didn't meet a friend?" Sooyoung asked, now even more worried.

"Not at all.. she left with her board, I remembered it was towards the direction of the beach." the shop owner thought hard before answering.

"The beach?!" Sooyoung left immediately after hearing the shop owner's reply.

"Aish who surfs this late at night!" Sooyoung knew Jessica must've went off to surf alone. 

"If it's her, this is definitely something she'd do!" Sooyoung couldn't be more sure. She rushed off to the beach to get Jessica.

Sooyoung arrived at the beach and shouted for Jessica's name. She tried to look far at the ocean hoping to find someone surfing on the waters.

"Jessica!" Sooyoung continued to scream as she looked for Jessica anxiously.

----------

"Sooyoung, Sooyoung.." Jessica kept thinking of Sooyoung as she drowned in the water. 

She had out for a while and was trying to get an idea of where she was by opening her eyes. However, her surroundings were too dark all she could see was darkness. Then, she felt her right thigh hit something hard.

"Ouch!" Jessica winced in pain.

Jessica reach out for the hard object and attempted to climb up the object. Thankfully Jessica managed to get out of the water. She laid on the rock panting and gasping for air. She took in deep breaths of fresh air as her body started to lose heat quickly. She was freezing, her teeth chattered as she tried to find some heat by rubbing her shoulders with her hands. She looked around after she recovered and looked for shelter. 

All she could find was a small little cave. She went inside thankful that it was a little warmer.

"Sooyoung, please find me." Jessica prayed as she knew she couldn't hang in there any longer. Soon, she passed out.

---------

Sooyoung calmed herself down and took in a deep breath of fresh air. 

"Jessica must be so afraid right now. I must be strong." Sooyoung gathered herself and broke into the nearby surf stall to get a board.

Sooyoung pedaled herself into the ocean and sat on her board with her eyes closed.

"Please help me find Jessica." she talked to the waves in her mind.

Soon, she got up her board and followed the currents of the water. She continued to surf the waves hoping for the waves to guide her to Jessica. Sooyoung was getting desperate as she couldn't find Jessica.

"C'mon water and wind please work your magic." Sooyoung talked to herself. It was something Sooyoung did religiously before she surfed a huge wave. She always felt that her ability to surf the waves were not entirely her own. She got help from the water and the wind. 

She surfed up the huge wave in style, and when she was nearing the end of the wave. 

"Sooyoung!" Sooyoung heard Jessica's cry in her head and she flipped on her board. Sooyoung held firmly to her board underwater as the waves washed her away. Sooyoung got washed off to the other end of the beach where she spotted the little cave. She went inside feeling that Jessica must be in it. True enough she saw Jessica laying asleep in the cave.

Sooyoung reach her hand out to touch Jessica and felt her body being extremely cold. Sooyoung, without a thought, took off whatever shirt and pants she had on her and placed them over Jessica leaving herself in only her undergarments. Sooyoung was freezing herself but she couldn't bear to see Jessica in her weak state. She hugged onto Jessica trying to provide more warmth for her.

"Sooyoung?" Jessica spoke as she awakened.

"I..I'm gl..glad.. you're.. all..right.." Sooyoung fought hard to say those words as she shivered terribly.

Jessica seeing Sooyoung like that hugged her even tighter.

"I'm so sorry.. I shouldn't have come out on my own.." Jessica said regrettably. 

"It's.. fine.. I'm glad I found you." Sooyoung said, still shivering.

"Are we going to die?" Jessica asked worriedly.

"I don't.. know.. but at.. least we're.. together.." Sooyoung said as she closed her eyes and leaned on Jessica and pulled her into an even tighter hug.

Jessica wept at Sooyoung's words and closed her eyes to reciprocate the hug. The both of them fell asleep, ignoring the fact that they might actually freeze to death. They were happy being beside one another...

---Few weeks later---

"Ahh, the smell of the sea. I miss it." Sooyoung spread her arms and felt the wind.

The two were rescued when an old man passed by the cave and saw the two of them in it. They were ushered quickly to the hospital and both of them recovered a week later. The both of them went over to the old man's house to thank him before heading to the beach.

"You two sure must love each other. Still willing to stick by each other even in such a crisis. That's rare today, you two have something special." the old man's words echoed in the head of both Sooyoung and Jessica. 

Both of them found a spot by the beach and took their seat, Jessica in Sooyoung's embrace as Jessica laid on Sooyoung's lap.

"I'm really sorry we got into so much trouble." Jessica bitterly apologized again.

"You did it for me and in love there's nothing to be sorry about." Sooyoung said plainly, disregarding Jessica's apology.

"How did you find me?" Jessica asked curiously.

Sooyoung took a while to look out at the sea thinking of an answer. 

"Love is like the wind, you don't have to see it to know it's there. Love is also like the waves, it is sometimes smooth and sometimes rough." Sooyoung replied.

Jessica pondered on Sooyoung's words.

"You must have found me with the help of the water and the wind right?" Jessica smiled heartily understanding Sooyoung's words.

"Haha, smart girl." Sooyoung bent down to kiss Jessica deeply.

The both of them left the soft lips of the other as they kissed passionately by the sea. Their hearts grateful for the times they spent together and for the times they were about to spend together.

"And the only difference, you feel the wind and water with your skin but you feel love.. with your heart." Sooyoung said as she broke away from the kiss and poked her finger at Jessica's chest, at the exact location of her beating and loving heart.

----------------------

Hope you guys like this short story. Sooyoung and Jessica sure are sweet aren't they? Anyways I'm always writing about the beach, haha. I hope you guys still enjoyed it. The beach sure is a place full of emotions isn't it? keke~

 

Any requests? Just leave it below and I'll work on it when your turn comes (Tell me what kind of story you want me to do too! E.g. Romance, Fluff, Angst, Fantasy). Thanks for supporting me! Hwaiting! :)