Blind love...

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

Tiffany had lost her sight since she was young. She ended up being an orphan because her parents could not afford to look after an handicapped. Never losing sight of life Tiffany stayed strong and lived life. She was 16 that year and the orphanage could no longer look after her so she was dismissed from the orphanage. 

Tiffany walked around the neighboring park hearing the sounds of the leaves on the trees and the chattering of people around her. She maneuvered around with her walking stick and found a comfortable bench to take a seat. 

"Where am I going to stay now?" Tiffany sighed to herself.

Then she felt someone take a seat beside her.

"Ohhh.. the sun is so hot!" it was the sound of a young lady.

Tiffany could hear the heavy breathing from the girl beside as she gulped down a bottle of water. 

"Aish, there's really no one to rent out the free room to." the girl beside complained again as if oblivious to Tiffany's presence.

"Erm, hi my name is Tiffany Hwang. You have a room to rent out?" Tiffany asked.

The girl beside spun her head around shocked at the sudden voice. But responded heartily.

"Yes yes, I have a room. Do you want to rent it?" the girl eagerly asked.

"But I don't have any money. Is it okay if I do the chores for you?" Tiffany asked meekly, fearing a no as an answer.

The girl looked from Tiffany's face to her walking stick.

"Ehh, are you sure you can even do housework?" the girl said doubtfully.

"I can.." Tiffany said softly, now not so confident.

"Just come over. The room will be yours for free until someone comes by and wants it." the girl offered generously.

"Really? Thank you so much." Tiffany said, full of gratitude.

"Anyways my name is Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon reached out and shook Tiffany's hand.

Taeyeon and Tiffany therefore stayed in the same home all by themselves. Initially, it was awkward for both of them. All they did when they saw each other was greet each other briefly and urgently left to do their own stuff. Then one day Tiffany decided to cook for Taeyeon. She wanted to show Taeyeon how grateful she was for lending her the room.

Tiffany cooked with glee while Taeyeon was out that morning. Tiffany used her heightened sense of touch to carefully cut the vegetables and cooked soup. She had the help of the market ladies to pick out the vegetables for her. Unfortunately Taeyeon came back faster than Tiffany had expected. And when the door swung open Tiffany panicked and cut herself. 

Taeyeon who saw the scene immediately rushed to Tiffany's side and on the finger which was dripping blood. 

"Thank god it's not too deep. It'll heal. Pabo! Just let me do it." Taeyeon instructed Tiffany to take a seat and finished cooking the soup.

Taeyeon then served the soup on the table for both of them.

"Pabo, what will you do if you get hurt." Taeyeon reprimanded Tiffany again.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to thank you." Tiffany said, guilty.

"Just let me take care of you. Aish, such a bother." Taeyeon said plainly.

Tiffany was touched at Taeyeon's words and it was at that moment her feelings manifested. It wasn't fake when she felt her heart beat faster every time she saw Taeyeon. She had already fallen for Taeyeon since they both laid eyes on each other.

"Do you like me?" Tiffany asked shyly. 

"If I didn't I would've kicked you out long ago." Taeyeon said while putting soup in .

"I mean like as in LIKE." Tiffany repeated her words.

Taeyeon walked up from her seat and walked towards Tiffany. Tiffany hearing the footsteps got worried.

"Is she angry?" she thought to herself.

"I like you like this." Taeyeon said and then bent down to kiss Tiffany on the lips. Tiffany looked away shyly. 

"Took us long enough to notice each other's feelings eh?" Taeyeon said.

"I didn't know..." Tiffany happy but shocked.

"Don't worry I'll take care of you." 

So the both of them spent their happy days with Taeyeon looking after Tiffany while Tiffany would often surprise Taeyeon with gifts that she made on her own. They were happy together. 

---3 years later---

"I wonder how the sky looks like." Tiffany suddenly confessed as both of them laid on the grass in the park enjoying the company of one another.

They were celebrating Tiffany's birthday that day. Tiffany's words struck Taeyeon as she looked sadly at the blind girl.

"This girl has suffered so much." Taeyeon thought to herself.

"Hey you want to learn how to fold paper cranes?" Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

So the both of them spent that evening folding paper cranes. By the end of the day Tiffany was folding paper cranes at a speed similar to Taeyeon's. 

"Wow, you have a gift for this." Taeyeon complimented Tiffany.

"You teach well." Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon.

"Erm, I'm going away for a while. Anyways fold 1111 paper cranes for me all right? When you finished I promise I will be back."

"Where are you going?" Tiffany asked, feeling sullen.

"I'm going to find us a better place." 

"But I like it here, I want you to be with me." 

"I'll always be with you." Taeyeon held both of Tiffany's hands tightly and said.

So Tiffany was left alone at Taeyeon's place and she meticulously folded the paper cranes. Day and night she folded the paper cranes like her life depended on it.

"Fold 1111 paper cranes and I will be back." Taeyeon's words rang in Tiffany's head.

Tiffany was finally done after a month of work. Then truly the door opened and true to her promise Taeyeon was back. Taeyeon bought Tiffany somewhere which Tiffany couldn't tell where. Then she was made to lie down and asked to put on a gas mask and she fell asleep.

When Tiffany woke up, she feel pain searing in her eyes. Her hand moved up to touch her eyes but it was bandaged. Then she felt someone hold her hand.

"Is that you Tiffany?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yes Taeyeon, what happened?" Tiffany asked worriedly.

"I wanted to show you how the sky looks like." Taeyeon said.

"You got an eye operation for me?" Tiffany deduced.

"Yup." Taeyeon said cheerfully. 

A week passed and it was time for the bandage to be taken off. Tiffany squinted her eyes as her eyes came into focus and she could finally see the world. The first thing she was was the face of a young girl.

"Taeyeon, is that you?" as Tiffany reached out to cupped Taeyeon's face.

"Hehe, hi Tiffany. I hope you like how I look." 

"But, but you're blind?" Tiffany said curiously.

"I was always blind." Taeyeon confessed.

"But you did this for me." Tiffany feeling touched hugged Taeyeon tightly. 

Then both of them went back to their home and from that day on Tiffany who had her eyesight took care of Taeyeon. One fateful day she found a diary in Taeyeon's drawer.

'Tiffany, she's really such a sweet girl. I loved her the moment I saw her angelic face. She tries so hard despite being blind. She always makes me want to look after her forever.'

The diary was filled with Taeyeon's thoughts. Inside was also the list of things Tiffany did. Then Tiffany saw the dates. The diary entries started from the time Taeyeon said she was going to leave Tiffany. 

'1111 cranes sure is harsh but that's the number of days we have known each other. Happy 1111 anniversary Tiffany~'

'She's folding the paper cranes again. She works so hard for us. I need to find the money and a doctor soon.'

'I hope I'll never forget this angel.'

'He said it's cheaper if I donate my eyes. I guess I've seen enough of the world.'

'Despite our problems, love will see past it all.' 

Then the diary concluded.

'Today is the day. I love Tiffany Hwang. I'll never forget the times we spent together and I hope we could make us more beautiful times. I hope she sees the world as beautifully as I saw it.'

Tiffany cried while reading the entries. She went out of the room facing the now blind Taeyeon.

"I love you Taeyeon." Tiffany said, sniffing away in her tears.

"How does the sky look like?" Taeyeon said smiling.

"Beautiful, just like you." Tiffany hugged Taeyeon...

--------------------

Hope you guys like the story. This is for you VedaSONE! :DD