Life's run...

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

JESSICA'S POV

Dear blog, this is already my 274th post. I feel that life is as meaningless as it can get. Nothing is coming out from living life. I go to school everyday to find everyone stuck in this false reality. Nothing makes me happy. I'm currently still living with my uncle and auntie, and we hardly ever talk. Not like there is anything to talk about with them. They are nice enough to give me my pocket money and I'm thankful but still life is boring. 

I had an idea. To go out on an adventure. Just studying is boring. I want to risk my life, I want to do something that makes me feel alive. I hate shopping, it just makes me feel dead. Like I'm trying to be part of the material obsessed world. I wished people would realize just how dumb they look trying to feign their happiness in front of their friends everyday. End of the story, this world is a joke. Life is boring.

3 July 2012

I sent the short blog post out after I was done ranting about how stupid the world is. It's true I'm just an 18 year old and people may not think that I'm mature enough. But seriously,  the ones who are being fake most are the adults. We struggle so much while working just to put food on the table. It's no wonder we are always having complaints about our lives. I just want to go out there and live my life. Not that I can do as I wish now since I'm still schooling which I find is a drag since I was forced into it by my aunt.

"It will be useful for you to get a job in the future" she said. Oh god, I seriously don't want to be doing something I dislike. 

As usual I went out strolling, mocking the people around in my mind as I see them dragging their feet from work to home and from school to home. Everyone looks so drained. They look as if they have not been enjoying whatever they were doing. That's what I call life-zombies. I have one theory, if you aren't happy doing what you are doing, you're not living. 

Then I saw a group of guys giggling away while they challenged each other to execute stunts on the bench along the walkway of the park. Their balance was amazing and I was immediately mesmerized. What caught my attention most was how much they were living in the moment just enjoying doing those tricks. 

I wish I could do that. My body was weak since young. I think it's something called Pakour. I smiled while dreaming myself doing the sport. 

Nah, not possible. I shook my head at my own silliness.

My eyes widened even more as I saw a girl join the group. I drooled at her curves and her revealed toned abs. She easily replicated what the guys were doing and poked fun at them as a friend. 

How rare to find true friends like that nowadays. I never had any friends since I was in grade school. Since I was always telling others what I disliked about them. I hate not telling the truth. I believe in being true to yourself. 

The girl who was doing the moves looked at my direction. I guess she caught me looking at her, all of a sudden she started walking towards my direction.

HYOYEON'S POV

Just keep trying to beat me guys. I jeered at my mates just like how I've always done. We always used such remarks to keep each other going. It feels good. Well, I love my life. I'm living it right now. I appreciate everything that happens to me and most of all I love Pakour. I like how it embodies one's freedom into a sport. I feel like a bird when I do Pakour. In any case, I love my family too. My parents are always supportive of me. And even though I disappointed them by not doing too well in my academics study, they allowed me to take Pakour as a career and I could earn some cash by being a coach in certain places. Well, I'm not earning that much since the sport is not that popular. Besides, I don't really think I'm that good.

I spotted a girl looking at us doing the sport earnestly. She was gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off her. Oh her shoe laces are untied, guess I should go warn her before she falls. 

I walk towards her smiling, hoping not to intimidate her too much.

Hey your shoe laces are untied I casually said. 

She looked dazed and unknowing of what was happening around her as she looked at me blankly. So I just bent down to tie her shoe laces for her. I guess it was my honor that I could do it for her. I smiled cheekily.

She thanked me afterwards when she seemed to have broken out of her daze. 

"I saw you looking at us, do you want to try it?" I offered seeing how interested she was. Besides, who would pass off an opportunity to teach a beautiful lady like her. 

She refused at first, but I could tell it was because she was afraid. Instead I dragged her over and started teaching her a few basic moves. In the end we ended up practicing till the latest. 

The sun set and it was already late. I didn't want to say goodbye but I had to. To my surprise, she suggested to come back again tomorrow. I was elated.

And so just like that. Days went by and we practiced so much together. She could even keep up with me now when we ran freestyle along the streets. Sometimes we would face accidents but we all recovered and continued. We were relentless at getting better.

It was an awkward time when she confessed to me that she liked me. Because both of us sort of knew it in our hearts and already accepted one another. But saying it out loud was kind of embarrassing. But putting that aside I was happy. To have her by my side. 

Unfortunately, I had a dark secret. Once a year I would have to run with this group of shady people to rob the bank. Initially, I did it because I was desperate. The house was in need of money but now I do it because there is no quitting in the team.

I told Jessica about it but what shook me was that she said : "Do it. The society needs some thrill anyway." 

What was this girl thinking. I guess during the time we were practicing together we didn't really understand each other well. But what she said was so hurting. It was as if she thought the world was bad. I had hoped to change that mindset but more importantly if I were to be together with her I must find a way to stop affiliating myself with the group.

And so on the night of the fateful meeting I got upfront with the group of people that I wanted out. Obviously they declined and said that I would be in trouble if I were to back out now. Ignoring whatever they were saying I ran. I ran past the streets and across buildings. Streamed through pipes and climbed ladders effortlessly to lose them while they chased me. 

JESSICA'S POV

I called Hyoyeon a couple of times but she did not reply me. She forgot to tell me about the schedule for tomorrow's training. Then I recalled she was going out to rob a bank. I went out running to our usual spots hoping to find her. Climbing onto roofs I scanned through the vicinity. She was nowhere in sight. My speed was considerably faster now as compared to when I first started. Despite my weak body it has been trained well to do Pakour efficiently. I have to thank my darling Hyoyeon for that.

Then I spotted a dark figure limping across the rooftop. About 3 blocks away were a group of guys chasing after the figure. Since I was closer I decided to have a closer look. And I found Hyoyeon who had injured her ankle. I carried her and hid her in the staff room of the warehouse nearby. 

"What happened?" I immediately asked. 

She confessed the entire story to me and I calmly replied. "Just go rob it with them, I'm sure nothing will happen." 

Then she shook her head as if disapproving of what I was saying. I decided not to say anymore and bring her back home.

After that night, I never saw her. She left her home and I couldn't even contact her. I ran along the rooftops crying so hard. When I finally ran out of energy I laid on the concrete ground.

So there were things that hurt more than life being y. I didn't knew pain until she left me. She showed me love when no one else did. She gave me courage when I rejected it. She was my life, but I couldn't see it. The sun set while I cried onto my arms thinking how I was truly miserable right now. I guess she left to show me that life is more beautiful than I can imagine and I should cherish it. It hurts because it matters that's what she taught me.

Few weeks later while I did my usual Pakour routine (because it was a way to connect with Hyoyeon) , I saw a person on the tallest building in the area. My heartbeat escalated hoping that it would be the person that I longed for, Hyoyeon.

When I got to the top, she extended her hand and greeted me with a smile. 

"Let's run, for life." she said...

-------------------

Okay, I don't really know what I was typing either. It was just pieces in my head. Just leave it as a literature piece shall we? keke~ Anyway this is a short comeback, I'm not getting any realy awesome ideas recently. I'm sorry >< Oh please comment! My life feeds on comments :P