Wind like love... (Part 1)

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

The waves crashed onto the shore and the cool wind blew. The morning sun shone brightly while the people enjoyeh the sandy beach. There were those just sun tanning, some getting a drink or building sandcastles. While a group of them were surfing the big blue sea. Amongst the people surfing the waves were Jessica and Sooyoung.

"Look at me..!" Sooyoung shouted, delighted that she had surfed today's biggest wave. Her hand reached out to touch the wall of water that was beginning to engulf her. And then she was out of the wave. The surfers nearby clapped for the daring Sooyoung and her success for surfing that huge wave. 

Sooyoung was amongst the top surfers in the region and the reason she gave was that she could feel the wind and the waves. A pretty casual reason, but it was true. Ever since she was young her dad would bring her to the sea and she could tell exactly when the waves were coming and where the wind would blow. It was sort of a gift since birth.

"Sooyoung look at mee.. Ahh!!" Jessica fell again.

Sooyoung rushed over to where Jessica was and helped her up her board. 

"Are you all right?" Sooyoung asked worriedly as she brushed the hair out of Jessica's face. 

"I at this." Jessica pouted.

"I'm sure you'll get better." Sooyoung said, and kissed Jessica on the forehead.

Sooyoung then spent the rest of the time guiding Jessica how to surf. Jessica was not the worst surfer around town but she definitely was nowhere near Sooyoung's standard. That made Jessica feel embarrassed. 

"Best surfer's girlfriend at surfing, that must be what others are thinking." Jessica thought. She saddened at that thought.

"I need to get better at this." Jessica pledged to herself. 

After hours of practicing with Sooyoung night finally came and it was no longer safe to surf, though Sooyoung could still surf well in the dark. So the both of them went to a nearby cafe to get their dinner.

"Mmph. I'm so hungry!" Sooyoung said as she filled with food and munched away. 

"Hehe, you look cute with all that food in your mouth." Jessica stared at Sooyoung, 'admiring' her. 

"Yahh, it's rude to stare at people when they eat!" Sooyoung complained. 

"But I guess it's fine if it's you." Sooyoung continued, and smiled at Jessica.

Jessica stuck out her tongue at Sooyoung and pouted her lips asking for a kiss. Sooyoung grabbed the hamburger and pushed it against Jessica's lips.

"Hey that was mean!" Jessica stared angrily at Sooyoung while Sooyoung laughed away at her now angry girlfriend.

"Just kidding.." then Sooyoung kissed Jessica on the lips, which made Jessica smile shyly.

"Soon they were finished with their dinner and was about to go home.

"Let's go home Jessica." Sooyoung said.

"Erm, I'm going back on my own. I'm going to meet a friend here later." Jessica excused herself.

"Hmm.. are you cheating on me?" Sooyoung eyed Jessica doubtfully.

"Yah, why would I do that!" Jessica exclaimed.

"Of course you wouldn't." Sooyoung kissed Jessica again.

"Yup, cause you're the best thing that happened to me." Jessica reasoned, after breaking away from the kiss.

Sooyoung then left for home while Jessica slowly walked to the beach by herself again. She strolled along the beach slowly looking at the night sky and the barely visible ocean. The stars were twinkling and the moon was round.

"What a beautiful night." Jessica thought to herself and looked at her board.

"I'm going to make Sooyoung proud."

Jessica tried to feel the water and the wind. Sooyoung was always about using your body to feel instead of your eyes to see. So Jessica tried to do what Sooyoung had always did. She felt the water of the ocean move and the slight breeze of the night. 

"Let's do this." Jessica took a deep breath and started pedalling herself further away from the shore. She listens intently to the sounds of the waves.

She begins cautiously, riding the small waves that she was already comfortable with. When she got used to the small waves, she moved on to surf the bigger waves. Maybe because her other senses were heightened when she couldn't use her eyes so much or maybe it was just a miracle, but soon she started comfortably riding on the big waves. Waves of sizes she could never ride when she came with Sooyoung to the beach in the mornings. She could smell the salty sea and the chilly breeze of the wind. It felt really good. 

"I'm doing it! Sooyoung! I'm doing it!" Jessica exclaimed proudly into the night sky at her own achievement. She laid down on her board and looked at the night sky, thinking about Sooyoung's reaction if she saw her girlfriend riding the waves like a pro. 

"Sooyoung is going to be proud!" Jessica kept on smiling as she thought cheerfully at the thought of showing her skills to Sooyoung. 

Jessica paddled her board last wave. Her feet steadied and her arms out wide controlling her centre of gravity and balancing well on the board. She looked at the exit from the waves and aimed for it. Her board swiftly moving with the water towards the exit and she was out. 

"Yes, I've done it again." Jessica punched her fist in the sky, delighted at her triumph. 

Just then a bigger wave was already heading for shore, and the wave washed the distracted Jessica off the board...