By the big oak tree...

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

Im Yoona was sitting under the big oak tree as usual, reading a novel. It was a habit of hers to plug in her earphones whenever she read. As she felt the cool wind blow and the fresh grass tickling her shoeless legs. Yoona looked up at the clear blue sky when she finally finished her novel.

"What a nice story." Yoona smiled to herself. 

She thought back about the book. About how an ordinary meeting between a boy and a girl that blossomed into a bittersweet relationship as the couple fought through their troubles. The book ended with the boy hugging the girl to sleep under the big oak tree. Yoona looked at the tree she was sitting under.

"Hehe, this tree looks very much like how I imagined it in the book." Yoona continued to think about how she could actually meet her prince charming.

Then she saw another girl walking towards the very same tree. She had long silky black hair and eyes sparkling. She was nothing short of beautiful. Yoona looked on to the girl as she walked past Yoona and took her seat under the same oak tree, opposite of where Yoona was. Yoona peeked over at the girl to look at her beautiful features once more. And she saw her pulling out her earphones and placing them into her ears. She took out a romance novel that Yoona had just read. 

"Wow, what coincidence." Yoona thought. 

Yoona being the outgoing girl that she was called out to the girl, in hope that they could be friends. People hardly ever take any effort to get up to this big oak tree on the hill. And even if they did, they certainly would not be reading.

"Hey, hey what's your name?" Yoona called out to the girl.

The girl seemed emotionless and unaware of Yoona's calls. Yoona tried calling out to her again, this time raising her volume. But still, the girl continued reading her novel as if in her own world. Yoona getting frustrated stood up and went in front of the girl.

"Hey I was calling out to you, why did you ignore me?" Yoona waved hard at the girl showing her discontentment.

The girl looked up at Yoona with a curious face, as if Yoona was speaking an alien language. After Yoona stopped fidgeting her hands and glared at the girl, the girl shook her head and pointed at her earphones. 

"You couldn't hear me? Well, you can take them out now." Yoona deciphering the girl's actions.

The girl did the same old action of pointing to her earphones and shaking her head. This time, Yoona got frustrated and walked away.

"Argh forget it.." Yoona feeling injustice for her kind motive of wanting to be friends.

Yoona went home that day thinking about the girl over and over again. She couldn't seem to get her out of her head. This made Yoona even madder. But nonetheless she had a weird feeling, she wanted to see the girl again.

As usual, Yoona went back to the same old oak tree again to do her reading. The pages of the book was hardly flipped as Yoona continuously peered down from the hill looking for the girl from yesterday. Time passed slowly and Yoona was feeling slightly disappointed for not being able to see the girl. The sun was already setting and Yoona was getting ready to pack up and leave.

Just then the familiar raven black hair could be seen from a distance as the girl from yesterday made her way up the hill to the big oak tree. Yoona waved hello to the girl from a distance, forgetting the anger she felt the day before. The girl who saw her from the distance waved back at Yoona and smiled back at her. Yoona feeling delighted from seeing the girl again rushed up to her.

"Hey, haha. You came to read again. Anyways, my name is Yoona." Yoona extended her arm for the girl to shake it. The girl took Yoona's hand into hers and shook it which caused Yoona to smile brightly.

Both of them then sat side by side under the big oak tree as they read their books. Yoona constantly lowered her book down, just enough to look at the girl. 

"Do you come here often? I don't really see you when I'm here. Yesterday was the first." Yoona broke the silence. But the girl simply continued reading. 

Yoona seeing the earphones in the girl's ear assumed that the girl had not heard her, so Yoona waved her hand in front of the girl as repeated the same question.

"Do you come here often to read?" 

The girl pointed to her earphones just like the day before and shook her head. Yoona was starting to get curious.

"Why can't she just take off her earphones and talk to me?" Yoona thought to herself.

Then, Yoona saw the girl starting to fidget as she looked for something in her bag. She eventually took out a diary book. Yoona took the diary book from the girl's hand and looked through it only to find it empty. The girl then took the diary back and wrote on the diary.

'My name is Kwon Yuri.' 

Yoona looked down at the diary.

"After all this time, you couldn't talk to me but instead took out a diary? How weird." Yoona thought curiously.

In any case she wrote back to the girl.

'My name is Im Yoona. Can we be friends?' 

'I'd love to.' Yuri wrote back to Yoona.

'You like reading?' Yoona wrote in the diary.

'I love it.'

'How come I don't see you around?' 

'I just moved here.' Yuri replied on the diary.

'What are you listening to?' Yoona wrote. And when Yuri looked up at her, Yoona pointed to Yuri's earphones. 

'It's a secret.' Yuri wrote back and flashed an innocent smile. Which was why Yoona did not ask further.

'Will I see you tomorrow?' Yoona wrote down on the diary.

'I'll see you when I see you.' Yuri pushed the diary for Yoona to read before keeping her book and leaving as the sky turned dark.

---The next day---

Yoona arrived at the big oak tree only to find Yuri already sitting down there. Elated, she ran up the hill and sat beside Yuri.

"Afternoon Yuri!" Yoona beamed. The girl responded with a bright smile of her own.

The two then continued their conversation from yesterday, writing down in the diary. Both asked one another even the most random of things and they forgot all about reading their books. Time seemed to fly by and the sky was already dark.

So both of them went home and the process repeated itself for a week. There was no telling whether Yoona or Yuri would arrive at the oak tree first but they would always meet one another. Maybe it was fate or maybe it was love. The two began to seem as if they were inseparable. And unknowingly feelings started to develop between them. Yoona felt joy whenever she was with Yuri. While Yuri felt comfortable being around Yoona. 

On the 10th day, Yuri was waiting under the oak tree and Yoona came as usual. The diary had already entered its last page while the other pages were filled with their everyday conversations. Yuri took a marker and wrote largely on the last page.

'Would you like to hear my music?'

Yoona had forgotten all about it after the 10 days they had been together, and now curiosity beat inside her heart again as she nodded eagerly. Yoona took the left side of Yuri's earpiece and put it into her own. The problem was.. there was no music. Yoona looked at Yuri curiously searching for answers within Yuri's eyes. Yuri then pointed to her ears and waved her hand. Yoona understood immediately.

Yoona took a pen and wrote in the little corner of the last page where there was still space.

'You're still beautiful.' 

Yuri smiled with tears flowing out from her face, touched by Yoona's words. Yoona then hugged Yuri while Yuri enjoyed the warm arms of Yoona. And then they fell asleep. Who would've thought Yoona was actually the prince charming herself, the prince charming for the beautiful little princess Kwon Yuri. 

Before the diary was kept away, both Yoona and Yuri wrote in whatever space that was left.

'I love you, Im Yoona.'

'I love you more, Kwon Yuri.'

People may not be perfect, but because we are imperfect we appreciate the beauty of our loved ones...

----------------------

So this is the first oneshot and it's yoonyul! Yay! Do you guys like it? Please comment below. It's actually the first time I ever thought of Yuri as the more feminine person of the relationship keke. Any requests? Feel free to put it down below!