Angel & Mortal (Part 2)

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

Yuri wandered around the Garden of Odessy after her shift was over. It had been weeks since she last saw Yoona, well unless you count looking at her through the glass mirrors then Yuri would have just seen her minutes ago. Passing by the other goddesses off duty, she didn't take a second glance. All she had in her mind was the gentle and caring girl she met in the mortal world. Even the beautiful garden that she's strolling in didn't get one bit of attention from her. She took a seat at the bench and sighed. Feeling as if she lost her purpose she sat sloppily on the bench, dejected. Before she knew it she had fallen asleep. 

----------

Meanwhile, in the human world Yoona was heading to school from home. She picked up her flower canvas bag and slung in over her shoulder. She plugged in her earphones and left home. 

"I'm off to school mum!"

"Be careful!" 

Yoona walked down the streets on the way to school while she confronted her thoughts about Yuri. It had been such a long time that Yuri visited that she was starting to doubt if all of it was real. 

"Was I dreaming all this while?" 

Perhaps she had felt so comfortable being with Yuri that she didn't want to accept the fact that Yuri was 'gone'. Instead, she convinced herself it was a dream. How wrong could she have been as Yuri missed her as much as she missed Yuri. Yoona arrived at the school gate before she knew it and was greeted by a slap on the back by her classmate Evangel. Evangel was the same age as Yoona, elegant on the outside but dorky on the inside. She was Yoona's best friend, well at least until Yuri replaced her but now that Yuri was gone Yoona was glad she had someone to confide all her feelings to. 

"How're you feeling today? All geared up for class?" Evangel was b brightly, hoping to infect Yoona with her happy energy.

"I don't know, are you?" Yoona didn't want to disappoint her friend's good intentions. 

---------

"My my, poor Yuri doesn't get to do what she likes to do.." a voice echoed in the darkness.

"Who..who are you?" Yuri answered the darkness.

"I'm someone who likes to help. You don't have to be afraid of me." the voice sent a chill down Yuri's spine. 

"I don't need your help, please just go away." Yuri tried to put up a brave front.

"Are you sure you want me to leave? I can give you what you want. This goddess life is simply not your thing. Well that is unless you like looking at dumb mirrors all day." the sly voice continued.

"It's my job and I'm proud of it. God gave this job to me." Yuri argued.

"Oh really? But God made a defect out of you. Don't you realize? You're not cut out for this." the voice continued to mock the goddess, poking at her weakness.

"I'm not a defect!" 

"Well, of course you are. But I can help you, help put you where you belong. Don't you want to be with that girl? What was her name again? Ah, Yoona!" a tiny globe appeared out of nowhere and was smashed onto the ground.

The smoke that evolved showed images of Yoona, it showed pictures of when Yoona was just a kid growing up in an ordinary family. Then, time moved on and she started going to school. Yoona's past was appearing all before Yuri. Yuri reached out to the image to grab hold of 'Yoona' but her hand simply went through it. The sound of a globe being smash echoed behind Yuri and she turned around to  see her with Yoona. All the conversations and fun they had it was being played. The images stirred Yuri's emotions. Yuri was missing Yoona to such an extent that her heart was aching. 

"Why little defect, if you weren't a defect why are you upset right now?" the voice pitied her sarcastically. 

"Just..just get away from me!" tears started forming in her eyes.

"You'll forever be in pain, because you're a defect in heaven!" the voice scorned.

"Why do this to me!" Yuri was overwhelmed and she had lost control of her emotions.

"Oh darling, please don't cry. I just want to help you. You want to be human so be it! And I'll absolutely not make the mistake God did, I'll make you right, I'll make you perfect." the distasteful wings emerged from the shadows, along with the wrinkled hand and gruesome blood-smeared legs. The devil emerged from the shadows and in his hand was a small globe.

"If you want a human life to be with the girl you love, take it!" and a sly smile formed on the devil's face.

---------

i missed writing and I missed you guys! My exams are coming to an end, this is just an early present for those who are still with me. Anyways SMTOWN had a concert in Singapore and I couldn't make it so I've got to say that I'm officially really sad. Anyways talk to me more all right guys? I'm so lonely sometimes keke~ Anyway to everyone please take care of yourself and be well. Until next time. :)