Race against time... (Part 1)

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

 

Sunny climbed onto the rooftop of the building. She looked around for a particular object, scanning every corner. She was dripping sweat and exhaustion had obviously hit her. 

"I'm here!" her voice echoed through the air. 

Her heart was pounding, hoping for a certain response. She was near the state of mental breakdown after being tormented by a group of unknowns. 

Amongst Sunny's screams a little sound could be heard along with it's evident vibrations. Sunny's sensitive ears picked out the sound and approached it. 

"Hello!" Sunny's voice was forceful and demanding. 

"How do you like our little game." the man on the other line laughed sinisterly, enjoying Sunny's struggle. 

"Where's Taeyeon?!" Sunny raised her voice again. 

"Oh she's fine but she won't be if you can't get to Madison Square in 15 minutes. 

"Enough of your games. You've made me run enough like your dog!" Sunny was furious. 

"..umph.. Sunny.." Taeyeon's weak cry came from the other side of the phone and there was an obvious sound that she was gagged again. 

"All right I'll do it, just don't hurt her." Sunny's ferocity toned down. 

"That's better, now you better get going cause the time is ticking.." the man teased the helpless girl.

---4 hours ago---

Sunny was up early preparing an enticing breakfast for her sweetheart. The sun was up and the clear blue sky lifted the mood of the cooking girl. She stirred the broth and sliced the carrots.

"Taeyeon is going to love this." Sunny was a caring wife, who always looked for oppurtunities to express her love.

She placed the self-made garlic bread to toast and went to the bathroom to get cleaned up while the broth cooked. She hummed to the tune of 'The Boys' as she exited the bathroom to check on the broth. She smelled the pleasant aroma of the soup and tasted it. She gave a slight smile, satisfied by the taste. She delicately placed the broth on the tray and placed the toasted bread on it's side. She walked up to the bedroom where both Taeyeon and her shared.

"Taeyeon, breakfast is ready." she gave the petite girl a slight shake.

Taeyeon groaned as she struggled to open her eyes because of the sun rays. When her eyes focused she saw Sunny holding up the tray and smiling heartily at her.

"Breakfast is ready darling." Sunny shrugged her shoulders, making a cute expression.

"Thanks." Taeyeon smiled in response and yawned.

She stretched herself while on the bed before taking a sip of the broth.

"Delicious!" her smile widened.

Taeyeon and Sunny have been happily married for 2 years now. Being married just after they graduated from high school brought a lot of trouble for them because the social norm was to get married at a much later stage. But both of them fought through the criticisms of their relatives and earned the hearts of their parents through perserverance. Now everyone who knew them called them the sweetest couple they ever knew.

"Ding dong." the doorbell rang.

Sunny left Taeyeon to get to the front door.

"Can I.." before Sunny could finished 3 men pushed past her and dashed for the bedroom, another man swung a baton at Sunny's head.

Sunny, who had taken up martial arts, reacted quickly and blocked the hit. Unfortunately, another man had came from behind and tased her causing her to go unconcious.

Sunny woke up a while later, head still spinning from the attack. She saw the front door still wide open, realizing that the events earlier was not a dream.

"Taeyeon!" Sunny anxiously headed towards the bedrom to look for wife. The white curtains swayed in accordance to the wind, the soup layed dirtily on the floor, and the bed layed messily showing signs of struggle. 

"Just who are those men?" Sunny remained calm and analysed the situation carefully.

"Taeyeon knows martial arts too, they couldn't have gotten her easy." but she casted out that thought and she counted the number of men from her memory.

"5 men, that's really too many for a simple robbery. Besides robbers take valuables not humans." Sunny continued to qustion the weird events. 

"Ringg." the unfamiliar ringtone echoed through the house. Sunny was sure it wasn't her own phone in her pocket and started looking around for the source of the sound. She finally found the cellphone under the bed and answered it in a jiffy.

"Hello." Sunny answered, anticipating the other person's voice.

"Looks like you have woken up. I'm sure you are very confused right now. But fret not, just follow the instructions I give you and I assure you your darling Taeyeon will be safe." the robotic voice spoke, camoflaging the true voice the other person. 

"Just who the hell are you? What do you want?" Sunny was desperate for answers.

"Impatient are we? Well, I want to play a little game. The prize of course is your beloved." the robotic voice continued.

"I don't want to play any games, now give her back." Sunny was enraged.

"Not very clever now, are you? We didn't go through all that trouble to give her back to you." the man laughed amused by Sunny's suffering. 

"Now you listen carefully, I know not who you are but if you don't give her back you'll be sure I will hunt you down and kill you!" Sunny emphasized the last two words.

"Oh my! No! You listen carefully! You have an hour to get to your high school dojo and complete the task. I have placed a lovable bomb there. Red, green, blue. That's the order in which the wires have to be cut. And the game starts NOW!" the man hung up as he finished his last words. 

Sunny looked down on her watch and considered the words of the man. She did not have any choice but to believe the words of that man, so she hurriedly rushed out of the house to her high school dojo.

"No time for the train, neither the bus." Sunny considered her options. 

In the end, she borrowed the ducati bike from her neighbour and zoomed past the alleys to her high school. She past the familiar alleys where she used to walk to school in the past. It would take her an hour on foot but with the bike it took her just 20 minutes. 

"Thank god the cops aren't on patrol." Sunny carefully avoiding the pedestrains.

She arrived at her high school to find a lock on the gate. Disregarding the hassle of breaking the lock, she easily climbed over the gate into the school. She walked catiously to the dojo looking around the quiet school. 

"It's been 2 years since I was last here." Sunny scanned the familiar surroundings. 

She slide the door open and entered the dojo. The equipments she used in those days were in the exact position as they were 2 years ago. There she saw a note on the dojo floor.

No problems getting here right? 

If you did, that would be a terrible disappointment.

The office, DIE classroom and the where it starts.

Find the bombs and cut them up.

Red, green, blue it must be cut.

Goodbye haha, and let the games start.

Sunny folded the paper and scanned the room. 

"Where it starts.. That should be here." Sunny looking at every corner hoping to find the bomb. 

Sunny then climbed onto the ring where the rights would be conducted and stood right in the middle of the ring. She tapped her feet on the ring's floor hoping to find the sign of a bomb. She took out her swiss knife and cut through the middle of the ring.

"Right where it starts." Sunny had successfully deduced that where it starts would be where the refereee called the match. 

Using her swiss knife she carefully cut the wires of the bomb. Red, green, blue. Not forgetting the order. She looked at the timer on the bomb, it stopped. She swiftly picked herself up and looked at the note again. This time she ran for the staff office. She looked around the room and opened every staff drawer. Finally, she found the bomb under her martial arts teacher-in-charge's table. She looked down on her watch, 10 minutes left. She was pressed for time. 

"DIE classroom, just where the hell could that be!" Sunny ran out of the office while her brain churned out possibilities of 'DIE' classroom. 

"If I converted the letters into number.. 495 classroom.. that's my classroom during the last year!" Sunny confident about her deduction ran as fast as she could to her classroom. With 5 minutes left, she entered the classroom with the bomb easily spotted on the table facing the window. With hardly any time to spare, Sunny did not consider the risks and just cut the wires as she was told to. She looked down on the timer, sweat dripping down her forehead. The timer stopped, and Sunny heaved a sigh of relief. 

Just then, an explosion could be heard. Sunny witnessed the guard room exploded from the window. Sunny's heart shook.

"What have I done wrong?" Sunny's heart thumping quickly.

"Well done, at least the whole school didn't collapse." a voice came from the speakers of the classroom. 

Sunny listened closely without speaking a word.

"Next, head to the rooftop of where 'the scene clearest' and 'the clouds nearest'." Sunny rushed off to the recording room where they made announcements hoping to catch the guy who came up with the devious plan.

"Oh forget about catching me, you have 30 minutes." the voice concluded.

Sunny opened the door to the recording room, and true to his words he wasn't there. Sunny looked at her watch.

"30 minutes?! I barely have enough time!" Sunny ran off already sure of where to head next... 

--------

I wrote this while being too stressed over my studies. Hope you guys enjoy! ><