I was so dumb...

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

YURI'S POV

"Huff.. huff.." I took in deep breaths, exhausted from running. I could hear myself wheezing as I struggled to catch my breath. My eyes were focused as I scanned the surroundings. I turned the corner and entered a dark alley, praying that it was enough to escape my pursuers. I took long heavy steps along the alley searching for a safe place to hide. I looked around at the murky walls and the ill-looking drain by the side. I placed the top of my shirt over my mouth and nose to lessen the stench of garbage and filth. I turned the knobs on the various back doors along the alley, each of them locked as expected. Suddenly, I hear footsteps. My pursuers must be closing in. I started panicking again, quickening my pace of testing the doors hoping that one of them would open up. 

Thankfully, the purple door at the end of the alley was miraculously left unlocked. I peered left and right, checking for the presence of my pursuers. As soon as I confirmed that the coast was clear I shut the door tight. Looking into the place, it was a candy store. Apparently no one had come in for ages. The candy jars had webs on it and the shelves were full of dust. I entered the store room and found more stock of candy but all of which seemed inedible. I hid behind one was the huge cargo which seemingly had candy inside. I sat down and tugged my legs in, while I calmed my heart and gathered my thoughts. 

"Why did I get myself in such a mess.." I contemplated with my pitiful self as I recalled the events that led to my dire situation. 

"I have an entire gang of people after my heads! Just why did I fall so foolishly in love with someone like that." my mind swirled in anguish, because I had no one to blame but myself. Those slender legs, curvaceous figure, and seductive lips will be the death of me. It all started because of her, Jessica Jung.

"Make sure you find her! Or else, none of you are getting back unhurt!" I could hear Jessica commanding her herd of guards that she brought along to hunt me.

She was nothing like this when I first met her; her gentleness, warmth and smile was all a fraud. But still I had lingering affections for her. I tried to hide it within the deepest core of my heart, but deep down I liked her. I couldn't understand the infatuation that I had for her, but I'm madly in love with her.

I tucked my legs in deeper, crying in self-denial. "I actually like the person that wants to hunt me down." the absurdity of the situation could not have been more absurd, I thought to myself. 

---5 months ago---

In a small town of Forlene Town lived Yuri. A humble girl whose the only child of the couple who owned a convinience store. The family hardly earned enough for their living as their store made very little money. Yuri often had to eat canned food from the store just to get by life. Her parents saved earnestly to allow her to go to the local high school. During this time was the hardest for Yuri, but she faced it all positively. To be allowed the priviledge of going to school she had to give up eating 3 meals a day to just 1 and it would always be the small tinned can of simple vegetables and rice. 

Yuri worked extremely hard to obtain good grades in school, making sure she doesn't waste her parents' money. 

"Hey Yuri, do you want to head to the theme park with the class this weekend?" a classmate of Yuri spoke to her. 

Yuri was sitting in the corner of the classroom reading her book, stomach grumbling as usual.

"Sorry I think I'll have to pass. I've got to help my parents at the store." she smiled heartily, hoping to hide the fact that she simply didn't have the money to join them. 

The classmate walked away, back to her group of friends.

"Told you she wouldn't go. Anti-social people like her who only knows how to study." the classmate scoffed. The rest of the people in the group soon flooded the conversation with similar comments.

Yuri had pretty much got used to these remarks. It always hurt her to hear all these, but as usual she simply plugged in her earphones and listened to the music she liked. Once again smiling, hiding the sadness within her. 

18/04/2011

YURI'S POV

The very day the blonde girl arrived at our school. She made a huge commotion in the school, everyone started to talk about her. The long limousine and the row of servants who formed two rows on each side as she walked past the gates into the school. She smiled brightly as she walked past the group of students who were whispering about her flashy entrance. She was, luckily or not, placed in my class. Just a few days since her arrival and she's the most popular girl in campus. The guys were looking for an opportunity to talk to her while some girl talked behind her back ing about her and the rest got closer to her trying to please her to reap some benefits.

I continued to be the same. In my own corner, forever alone. I was glad she was getting all the attention because that would mean my other classmates hardly had any time to talk about me behind my back. For once, I was happy about someone else's popularity.

JESSICA'S POV

Today I moved to a new school. It was all to hide the dark secret of mine that I've manged to keep hidden all these years. If it wasn't for that teacher who wouldn't stop investigating about that girl's disappearance I wouldn't have to transfer. I looked at the school from inside my car. 

"Let the hunt begin." I smirked to myself.

I exited the car and browsed my surroundings. The students were all staring at me. Of course, my dramatic entrance would have cause a reaction of this scale and it was all planned by me. I dismissed the servants and I flashed smiles to some students, deceiving them that I'm actually nice. It's always easier to get around when you're popular.

Eventually, I entered my class to introduce myself after filling up my transfer information at the office. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Jessica. Please look after me." I bowed and smiled at my classmates. 

The boys went crazy over me. How predictable! 

Everyone had a reaction of some sort. Some girls started gossiping, some smiling at me trying to get my attention while others waved frantically which was truly awkward in the current situation. However, one girl caught my attention. The raven haired girl, nonchalant looking, looking completely oblivious to her surroundings. Just my type.

"Kwon Yuri." I read her name from the nametag that was stitched onto her uniform.

Well, I guess it's obvious who's going to be my next prey.

---Back to present---

The fact was that Jessica had a hobby of collecting not antiques, jewels, or branded goods but HUMANS. She would use money to manipulate people so that she could eventually get the girl she wants to be her servant. In fact, Yuri fell right into her trap. Along with the many different times Jessica used her kind charm on Yuri and made her think that Jessica was genuinely caring for her. 

"How could I have been so dumb?" these words constantly raced through Yuri's mind. 

Those days where they spent 'dating' together. And even the lie that Yuri would be well taken care of in the Jessica's arms. Yuri's parents were made to think that Yuri was going to be staying at Jessica's place for a while because Yuri was going to be paid to be an assistant at Jessica's place. The word 'assistant' was a much delicate word to use. Yuri was eventually toyed around by Jessica, punishing Yuri for any small mistake she made. And even more so, Jessica forced Yuri to make mistakes so she could punish Yuri in her own sadistic way. Yuri wanted to escape this hell. More than physical pain, she felt emotionally cheated. 

"It looks like someone is inside here!" a man shouted from outside while peeking through a tiny shaft into the storeroom.

Yuri panicked when she heard the man's call for help.

Looking around she was desperate. She didn't want to go back to that dreadful place. Faced with a hard decision at hand she decided to take her life. 

"I'm sorry appa and umma." those were the words she said before gulping down the bottle of poison she stole from Jessica's place. Yuri hesitated, but she did drink it.

Her feeble body reacted to the effects of the poison. Her eye lids closed ever so softly, somehow glad that the torture was over. Her body soon became that of a lifeless form. 

Jessica eventually came running to the storeroom with the rest of the guards. She saw Yuri's lifeless form and oddly she broke down in tears. Jessica knelt down beside Yuri's body and picked her up. Walking slowly towards the parked vehicle that was waiting to bring her back.

"Take the night off guys, you're dismissed." with that, the guards dispersed into the night.

Jessica craddled Yuri's head on her lap as she adjusted her hair and touched her soft face. Her heart softening after seeing Yuri's gentle face. 

"I'm sorry I made you suffer so much." Jessica confessed her guilt in her mind. 

Jessica picked out a box from her pocket and opened the box to reveal a small diamond ring. She wanted to give it to Yuri on midnight, but Yuri didn't make it to midnight. Jessica clenched her fist at where her heart was. She didn't know what it ached so bad but she wanted Yuri badly. She wanted her alive.

"I was an idiot for torturing you. I have no excuse but I hope you'd believe me when I say I love you." Jessica's tears started falling.

She picked up the bottle of poison that was in Yuri's hand and finished whatever was left in it. That night, the odd relationship between those 2 ended with the death of both of them...

------------

Okay, this thing is totally not my style. >< I promise to do better next time. Anyway thanks for supporting me guys. :) I will make better work to entertain you guys!