Angel & Mortal (Part 3)

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

 

"Knock knock.." Yuri stood outside the house of hope. 

She stood out there anxiously waiting for the one to open the doors for her. Even though she has been harboring this feeling of meeting her love once again but now that she's now in 'the moment of truth' she couldn't help but get somewhat nervous. What was she going to say? She didn't know. 

"Hello?" Yoona opened the door.

As if time stood still the both of them froze. Both at a loss of words after coming face to face. Yuri held her head down, thinking it must have been a bad choice to turn up after all this while. Just when the bad feelings started coming into her, a warmth reached out to her. 

"Yuri! Where have you been!" Yoona hugged the girl.

Both of them stood there, embracing the moment all to themselves. In that moment it was clear to them, that it was love. What they had was more than friendship, and now that they've met each other that feeling was confirmed even stronger than ever. They'd stay in that hug forever if they could.

"Yoona! What're you doing!" Yoona's mum called out. 

"It's a friend of mine mum! We better get inside." Yoona dragged Yuri up her bedroom.

In that familiar room, memories came rushing back to Yuri. To the time she'd come down to visit this girl. The desk and wardrobe were in the exact position, and the wind blew through the same curtains, even the book Yoona claimed she was reading laid on the desk, then there was the rose. Yuri walked closer to it and smiled, Yoona had left it exactly as it was, beautiful. 

"You haven't gotten rid of the rose?" Yuri asked. 

"Why would I? Wasn't it your love to me?" Yoona coolly answered, and Yuri smiled a little.

----------

---Yuri's POV---

It has been a week since I became mortal. Well, there's really not much difference really. Aside from me being free from all the schedules and I can spend all my time with Yoona. Maybe this is what I had meant to do all along. Bliss and happiness was with me after all this while. I wasn't cut out to be an angel but I'm thankful that I became one anyways, because if I hadn't I wouldn't have known this girl. I stared down at the polaroids that we took over the past week. It was all good memories, and I wouldn't waste a single bit of it. 

I finally went to the theme park after years of looking at it through the crystal mirror. I never understood why man would risk their lives playing those games but I finally understood. The thrill, the excitement, and a little romance? I blushed a little as I recalled myself hugging Yoona after we took The Twister. My legs were trembling after the ride and I almost freaked. Days later Yoona brought me to an ice cream store. It was awesome, I had rainbow chips. Well it was pretty much chocolate, vanilla, strawberry with chocolate chips. Now that I think about it, human food ain't so bad. Then I remembered another moment, the moment her hand swiped gently across my lips and wiped the little ice cream I had left on my lips. The last of the seven days was when we went to a cottage house. An abandoned one. Yoona kept it clean and made it her own secret hiding place. She kept her little memories there. Her first dropped tooth, the comb she used in high school, her first pair of glasses, and then she passed me a note. 'My first love', I read it out loud. Yoona looked away in embarrassment and it took me a moment to figure out what she meant to say. 

"Me?" I struck a puzzled look.

"I'd put you on a shelf if I could." Yoona said while looking away.

"Well, you won't have to." I stood a little closer to her.

"Why?" she turned around.

"Because I'll always be here for you." and I kissed her forehead.

I closed my eyes, taking myself deep into the memory of that day. Well so much for memories, it was time to meet 'him'. 

----------

Yuri walked nervously towards the destination. The place where she'd meet the devil. She didn't think it over when she took that globe that day, her mind was only filled with Yoona. But now that the week has passed the stories that she was told before came flooding back to her. How the devil cheated people and even angels. They say it was his way of getting back at God, because he who was once an angel got banished to the underworld. Yuri's heart started pounding relentlessly, she had her first experience with the emotion fear. Being new to the feeling, she clenched at her heart, thinking that she was about to pass out. 

"Well, welcome." the familiar sinister voice sounded but nowhere in sight.

"I've.. come as you promised." Yuri composed herself. 

"How did you enjoy your stay?" the voice sounded sarcastic. 

"Now for the promise.." the voice continued after Yuri's silence.

The devil laid his blood smeared hands on Yuri's shoulders and laughed sinisterly before turning the area pitch black. Yuri's breathing became deep as she felt her life get away from her. Slowly but surely she was losing strength to stay focus.

"This was not the promise." her voice weak and soundless.

"Oh but it is, I did say I needed your goddess essence." the devil laughed heartily after having tricked the naive girl.

"But you said I'd remain human. I just needed to give up being a goddess." Yuri's heart hurt after being deceived.

"Yes yes, and I didn't say how long!" the devil enjoyed torturing the goddess and soon she became smoke.

Well now that is over and done with, time to deal with the 'man' himself. After 'killing' Yuri, the devil went up to heaven disguised as the girl. Meanwhile on Earth, a soul was to become lonely again…

----------

---A few weeks later---

Yoona as usual kept herself in her bedroom. She didn't want to go outside anymore. She couldn't bear the disappointment and the heartache. She felt stupid for loving someone that had all the intention to leave her. Well at first she had not believe it but that night at the alleyway told it all. She had found the note there, tattered and torn. She felt her trust betrayed and she could only blame herself for being naive. When she pieced the note together the words 'I was just fooling around, sorry', was wrote behind it. Thinking back to that night, Yoona cried once more…

A light then blinded Yoona as a figure entered through the window.

"Yuri?" the girl hoped expectedly.

"I'm sorry but I'm not." a girl wearing similar clothing as when she first saw Yuri spoke.

"What do you want?" Yoona asked dejectedly.

"Yuri, well heaven is in trouble. And we need your help."  the sound of urgency was voiced.

---------

Well I hope you guys enjoy this.. Not enough yoonyul if you ask me, and I'm sorry T.T

And I had not expect this to drag on for this long haha. It's not a short story anymore ><

Comment, comment!