My childhood sweetheart...

SNSD ♥ ~ Short Stories!

TIFFANY'S POV

I have a story to tell. I'm just an ordinary 22 year old girl and I'm currently working in Soshi enterprise as part of the innovation team. The only worthy story I can tell is my love story. The love story between me and my childhood sweetheart.

Today we'll be going to the beach to dig up the time capsule we put there ten years ago. 

"Hey Tiffany, do you still remember the day we first met?" Taeyeon poked my cheek when she saw me looking up at the sky. 

12 years ago...

My father's best friend had just passed away. Mr Kim was his name, I think. He was a nice man, he would always get me snacks and toys whenever he passed by our house to visit my dad. Unfortunately he died young. He had cancer or so I've heard from my dad. It seems that God has took him back early to enjoy heaven. Daddy always told me good people go to heaven, Mr Kim was good. 

Mr Kim had a daughter, he would always mention her in front of my dad, saying how proud he is of her daughter. But I have never met her, I would like to see her someday though. Due to his passing I finally had a chance to meet his daughter. I saw her at the garden weeping away during the day of Mr Kim's burial. I had no idea she was his daughter then. She was under a tree with her legs tugged in and sniffing away as she tried to hold back her tears. 

"What's wrong" I asked, concerned that someone was out in the open crying.

She didn't respond. She must've been too upset to hear even the sounds of the surroundings. I fiddled my hands into my pocket trying to find the little doll I sewed up by myself just last night. Being a 10 year old, I must say I was quite remarkable. 

"Here, don't cry anymore, this doll will protect you." I offered her the doll. This time she tilted her head up to show me her beautiful features, only to be tainted with tears. She took the doll into her own hands and thanked me. Her voice was gentle and slightly nasal from all the crying. But it had so much warmth in it. I really liked her voice. 

"So what's your name?" I asked, now hoping to make friends. 

"Taeyeon." she said shyly as she continued to stare at the doll I gave her. 

"What happened?" her face gloom again upon my question. I really shouldn't have asked that. 

"My father passed away." and again the tears started to fall as if the word 'father' was a trigger to her tears. 

Father? It couldn't be. I immediately linked Mr Kim's death with the Taeyeon. 

"Are you Mr Kim's daughter?" I questioned insensitively, desperate to find answers. 

She nodded her head. 

Present time...

"After that you came over to my place to stay and we became best friends." I smiled at Taeyeon, recalling the stories of our past. 

"Are you sure we were just best friends?" Taeyeon smiled cheekily at me. 

"Hmm who knows. Maybe I might have liked you just a little bit?" I teased Taeyeon knowing how easily she'd blush. 

"Yah, what's 'just a little bit'!" she pouted. That sight made me chuckle. She looked simply adorable when she acted like a child. 

"Well in any case you're my girlfriend now. So who's to say I don't love you." I eye smiled at her. Works every single time.

She took my hand into hers and pulled me closer so she could whisper to me.

"Thank you for loving me." the gentle voice that swept me away the very first day we met was heard again. It was truly uplifting and it's one of the reasons why I love her so much.

"Do you think you still remember when we went official?" I glanced at Taeyeon.

"It took you a really long while!" Taeyeon complained. 

10 years ago...

TAEYEON'S POV

I was made to stay at Mr Hwang's house after my dad passed away. It was all because my mum had trouble with our financial debts. It was all to protect me. I achingly accepted the reality of things. It has been two years since my dad's death and I don't live a single day not missing him. But Mr Hwang is really nice, he makes me feel at home. Mrs Hwang cooks for my daily meals and takes care of me well too. Currently I have a best friend. Her name is Tiffany Hwang. Yup, she's their daughter. 

I'm currently sharing a room with her and we go to the same school. I was grateful when she came to me on that fateful day 2 years ago. I made a great friend that day. Tiffany and I share almost everything with one another. She always makes sure that I get whatever she does so that I don't feel like an outsider. I'm really thankful for that. Tiffany is really cute too, especially when she does her eye smile. A lot of guys in our school likes her. 

She's always protecting me when we get into trouble, shielding me from all the scoldings that I would get from her parents if she wasn't there to save me. She was kind of like my guardian angel. 

"Hey Tiffany, do you want to check out the new game stall that opened just last week? Rumors has it that it's really fun." I said to her from above. I slept on the top level of the double decker bed. 

"Taeyeon, go to bed we have school tomorrow." she whined. She was always the type to catch as much sleep as she can. 

"Hey Tiffany. Answer me first before you sleep." I made some sounds to annoy her so she could give me some response.

"Aigoo I get it. Let's see again tomorrow all right." I heard her plop her pillow over her head and it was not long before her light snoring filled the room.

We went to school as usual the next day. I got restless in class as I fiddled around with my pen spinning it artistically while the neighboring students looked upon with awe. As usual. I was dying to try out that new game stall. The teacher's words came out an alien language as I continued thinking about the game stall.

After school I bugged Tiffany to go to the game stall with me. She refused because her mum had enforced that we get home immediately after school.

"We'll get another scolding from my mum if we don't get home quick. Let's go another day Taeyeon."

"But whyyyy. Please Tiffany I promise we won't be there for long." I showed my puppy eyes hoping she'd fall for it. Indeed she does.

"We'll just be there to take a look." she got dragged by me as I hurried her to the place. 

When we arrived the place was packed with people. The latest games were available in the store and everyone with their small change queued to have a go at the games. I pushed past the crowd hoping to find a game that has less people. Unfortunately there were none.

"Let's leave Taeyeon, we don't have time to play the games." Tiffany patted me on my shoulder.

Feeling dejected I started walking away. Then I saw an odd machine. It was a photo taking machine. I think it was called neoprints. Fortunately no one was at the machine. So I pulled Tiffany in and we started taking the photos after placing the small change into the machine. We could have 4 shots altogether. We did funny faces and acted like princesses. Then on the final shot I plucked up my courage. I looked over at Tiffany still ogling at our 3rd photo. I've got to be honest she makes my heart beat, I think I like her. 

So one our 4th shot, just before the timer ran out I patted her on the shoulder just so she could turn and face me. Then, I kissed her on the lips while the camera recorded down our first kiss.

"Are you crazy!" Tiffany wiped off the mark I left on her lips. 

"But I like you." I said shyly. Tiffany went silent after I said those words. 

So with that we walked silently back to Tiffany's home not saying a word to one another. I looked at the neoprints we took and I smiled. It felt good kissing her on the lips. Tiffany saw me smiling like an idiot so she finally broke the silence.

"Hey babo, do you.. erm.. do you really like me?" Tiffany asked shyly as she fiddled with her fingers.

"Erm maybe.." I chose my answer carefully afraid of a negative answer. 

"Yes or no Taeyeon." she held me by my shoulders and stared into my eyes awaiting my answer.

"Yes Tiffany yes I like you!" I didn't know where I plucked up my courage but I have finally confessed. 

Both of us blushed and looked away from one another immediately, with our backs facing one another.

"You know if you want we can be together." Tiffany suggested as we still had our backs facing one another. 

"You like me?" I wished for a yes.

"I want to be your guardian angel." Tiffany went a long way to confess her true feelings.

In the end we still got a scolding for Mrs Hwang because we got home pretty late. But despite that we looked at each other and smile because no scolding could be traded for the memory we had today. That night Mr and Mrs Hwang brought both of us out for dinner and then we went to the beach. I took a small capsule out from my pocket and handed it over to Tiffany. We took out our respective 'memories' and placed it in the capsule. Including our 'kiss'. We found a secluded corner and dug deeply. We placed the capsule inside and made a mark. That was our time capsule for ten years later.

NO ONE'S POV

The couple faced many challenges and Taeyeon's mother eventually picked her up 6 years later. Being away from each other for 2 years was hard but they never gave up and consistently contacted each other through phone. Eventually Tiffany picked the same working location and Taeyeon and they both moved into a room of their own. 

It has been a long, hard yet truly satisfying an enjoyable ten years. They dug up the time capsule and reminisced the times they used to spend together. Holding each other's hand felt so peaceful and warm. 

"The leaf you picked up when I talked to you under the tree." Tiffany recalled their first meeting.

"The yo-yo we won together from clumsy Hongo." they laughed at the time when they tricked a yo-yo off their classmate.

"Our first letters to one another." They read the childish language they used during their time.

"And our first kiss." picking up the photo was Taeyeon, still smiling as though it was ten years back. 

"We wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for this kiss." Taeyeon proclaimed.

"We're meant to be together, I'm sure something else would've happened." Tiffany smiled, happy knowing that they're together. 

Both of them walked down the beach leaving footprints behind as they walked barefooted.

Just like the footprints left behind, their memories linger on. And they have yet a long way to walk in life. Together...

---------------

Well, I hope you like this fluffy chapter. Trying out POV writing. It's new and interesting to me. Tell me how I did all right? Comment below keke~

COMMENT PRETTY PLEASE~