The Wooden Chair ♥

Secret L♥ve

 

 

“Well,” I started. “I dreamt of this single wooden chair in the middle of the room. It was an ordinary chair to say the least, but I was a bit confused why it was the only chair available inside a huge room.”

 

L.joe nodded and smirked at me. “Well Soohyo, seems like you’ve lost it, kid.”

 

“Yeah, I mean...Wait, what!?”

 

“It means, if you were a normal person, you wouldn’t have dreamt of a wooden chair inside a big room, don’t you think?” he asked me, a perfect brow arched up and eyes that glittered with playfulness.

 

I stuck my tongue out at him and marched towards first period, leaving him behind on the benches near the old oak tree where we usually hung out before and after classes.  After a moment, he caught up with me and started chuckling to himself. “Someone’s a little too sensitive today.”

 

“I told you something that's personal to me and you judged me for it.” I muttered.

 

“Hey, it was a joke Soohyo.” He shrugged. “I’m sorry if you took it the wrong way.”

 

I sighed and looked at him for a while. “You didn’t even let me finish.”

 

His melodious laughter echoed throughout the hallway and the students passing by seemed quite astonished to see the tough kingka laughing at me like I was a cute little 5 year old. “Alright, go ahead and finish your dream. I’m all ears.” He smiled.

 

I smiled back and started talking about what came before and after the dream. He watched me attentively and didn’t look away till I finished.

 

“Alright,” he said. “Repeat that all over again because I wasn’t listening.”

 

“Yah!” I complained, slapping his arm.

 

He recoiled in pain albeit laughing to himself. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry! It was a joke!”

 

“I hate it when you’re in such a playful mood.” I muttered, stopping in front of my classroom. “Go away L.joe I don’t wanna see you anymore.”

 

“Hey, I was listening to you the whole time kid, I’m not that insensitive.” He chuckled, pinching my cheek gently. I gladly slapped it away and turned to step inside my classroom when he stopped me. “Soohyo, talk to me for a bit, classes aren’t even starting yet.” He pouted. “Don’t you want to listen to what I think about it?”

 

I rolled me eyes. “I’d say you think it was a stupid dream, right?”

 

He thought about what I said for a moment and shrugged. “Maybe, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t hold any importance to you.” He smiled at me. “Thing is, maybe it wasn’t just a dream but a memory; a memory from your past, maybe?”

 

I shrugged. “I-I don’t know. Every time I try to remember something it always ends up as a massive headache.”

 

“Well,” he said, adjusting his backpack on his shoulder. “Why don’t we talk about it more after class? I may not be of much help but maybe talking about it can bring back some memories?”

 

I blinked and looked back inside my classroom, everyone had their heads in their books. “I don’t know, L.joe. Exams are coming up pretty soon and I don’t want to screw up the scholarship or anything.”

 

“Oh come on, a little chat never killed nobody.” He smiled at me. “What do you say?”

 

{ A g r e e }

 

{ D e c l i n e }