Happy Birthday ♥

Secret L♥ve

   I got up, ignoring his hand that he dropped to his side anyway. I pushed my hair back and sniffed.

   “Didn’t I already refuse? I don’t want to say no the second time.” I snapped.

 

   He looked sort of offended and I too felt guilty. I mean, wasn’t it rude to turn down someone who offered you a ride or something?

   So I bit my lip and went back to walking, getting drenched all over again. Ugh, ahjumma’s gonna kill me.

   I kept walking until suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and the next thing I knew, I was on Dongho’s shoulder.

 

   DAMNIT MY SKIRT WAS SHORT.

 

   “Dongho put me down.” I warned.

 

   “No.” he replied stubbornly.

 

   “YAH!” I yelled, pounding his back.

 

   He trodded towards his car and tossed me at the backseat. I landed with a loud thud and banged the window since he child locked the door.

   

   This guy. I swear. I will kill you.

 

   He went inside the front seat and told the driver to drive us to his house. HIS HOUSE.

   WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?!

   I glared at the side view mirror, hoping that he could see me. My rage was overflowing and if he decided to turn around and check on me, I was going to strangle him.

   But I didn’t, because I was afraid of his body builder driver.

   “You are making a very bad first impression.” I told him.

 

   I saw him smirk from the mirror as he answered with a couple of nods.

   “I know. I always do.” He replied, a smile evident in his voice.

 

   I huffed in response and felt a cold sensation coming from all throughout my body. I started shivering slightly as I looked out the rain stained window. It was tinted a dark black and the whole car smelt strongly of leather.

   Come to think of it I think I sat on plastic.

   Is this car…

   “It’s new.” He finished for me.

 

   “Do you read minds?” I asked sarcastically, trying to stop my voice from shaking.

 

   “You’re cold.”

 

   I shook my head as he looked at me worriedly. Did I see that right? He was worried? I must be dreaming. Anyway, we pulled over a subdivision with small, big and gigantic houses. I looked outside the window, completely forgetting about my chills. The driver honked his horn two times before the gate with the same emblem as the school opened automatically. I blinked in amazement but remained seated. Besides, I was freezing. I didn’t want to be anywhere near the AC.

   The car suddenly stopped and I saw him open the door. The rain had stopped but hell was I wet. I puffed my swollen cheeks and crawled out of the back seat, I hugged myself to keep warm and looked- no glared at him.

 

   He smiled and slung his arm around me to my surprise then dragged me inside. I didn’t walk because well, yeah he dragged me.

   “Take your arm off me.” I muttered.

 

   “Your lips are blue.” He said, scrunching up his eyebrows.

 

   “Get your freaking arm off me or I will break it.” I snapped.

 

   He laughed and held his arms up in surrender. Yet, he got my hand and led me up the staircase. When we did go inside his house, it wasn’t what I expected. It was quite simple yet very elegant. Plus, it was warm.

   I tried to wiggle my hand off his but he just held it tighter instead, surprising me.

 

   Do people hold hands at the first meeting?

 

   Dongho then led me to the dining room where there was a cake, kimchi and seaweed soup.

 

   Seaweed soup? Cake?

 

   “It’s your birthday?” I asked, looking up to him.

 

   He flinched and smiled timidly. “I guess you’re smarter than I thought.”

 

    “Hey!” I frowned.

 

   He chuckled and settled me down on a chair while he sat beside me. A housekeeper draped a towel or a blanket thingie around my shoulders while suddenly all the lights went off and the only thing that gave us light was the candles and the orange lights at the sides of the ceiling.

 

   I blinked at the sudden darkness and looked at him.

   “Aren’t your parents here?” I asked. But he shook his head.

 

   “They’re busy. So I thought I’d spend my birthday with you.”

 

   “Why me?” I said, confused.

 

   He scratched his neck nervously and smiled. “You were the only one I could think of.”

 

   I blinked and laughed. “Right. So should I sing a birthday song now?”

 

   He shrugged. “It’s up to you.”

 

   I looked at him in disbelief. “Seriously? Isn’t it your birthday? Shouldn’t you be the one to decide?”

 

   “It’s the first time I’m spending it with someone other than myself.”

 

   I frowned at him. Were his parents that busy? So to lighten up the mood, I shook my head and smiled, looking up at him. He seemed to mirror my expression as I sang a birthday song.

 

   “Happy Birthday, my love-“ I stopped short. He looked at me and tilted his head. I cleared my throat and continued, skipping that part. I told him to make a wish and he probably did, cause he closed his eyes before blowing on the candles. He then looked at me and smiled, reaching his hand out to ruffle my hair.

 

   “Yah.” I complained, whacking his hand off.

 

   “Thank you.” He said.

 

   I shrugged it off. “It was nothing.”

 

   After he offered me dinner, he then carried me inside the car again since he insisted in REALLY walking me home this time. When we arrived at the old orphanage, he went out to observe the big building.

   “I’ll walk you home tomorrow too okay?”

 

   “No you-“

 

   “I will anyway.” He said, cutting me off.

 

   I puffed my cheeks. But I couldn’t do anything, he was THE Shin Dongho anyway. He smiled and waved for the last time.

   “Dongho!” I hesitantly called.

 

   He looked back at me with a confused look crossing his eyes and with his head tilted. Did he just…aegyo?

 

   Oh, my fragile little heart.

 

   “H-happy birthday.”

 

{ c o n t i n u e }

________________________________________________________________

{ author's note }

   HAPPY BIRTHDAY SO COOL PENGUIN DONGHO :>

   kissme's lalalalalove you 

       picture credit to the one who took it xD