Ice Cream

Secret L♥ve

 

 

 

  I grinned and shook my head as I saw his goofy smile take place as we neared the ice cream store. It was a small pink building with red neon lights and tons of ice cream behind glass refrigerators.

  “Are we going in there?” I asked him eagerly, trying not to make my excitement too obvious.

 

  “Isn’t this place kinda expensive?” Chunji replied, scrunching his eyebrows.

 

  “Of course it is.” I muttered, all the excitement gone in a snap. I don’t have enough pocket money since Ajumma had to pay some bills. “Oh well, let’s go look for another place to eat.” I looked at him eagerly.

 

  The look on Chunji’s face surprised me. It looked a bit flushed yet a bit worried and mad at the same time as he held my gaze. My head tilted questioningly at him but he looked away and cleared his throat.

  “let’s go in.” he mumbled softly.

 

  “B-but it’s expensive.”

 

  “It’s fine, the owner happens to be my ex-girlfriend.” He slowly grinned as he nodded towards the pretty girl in a red Sunday dress behind the counter.

 

  I slowly followed him as he went inside. The bell that hung in front of the door rang and the pretty girl looked at us, her black hair flowing smoothly as she did. Yet, her eyes turned to slits as she eyed Chunji.

  “It’s been a while noona.” He says confidently.

 

  “What exactly are you doing here?” she asks him, moving away from the counter.

 

  “I came to eat some ice cream with my friend here.”

 

  The pretty girl eyed me from head to toe and laughed coldy.

 

  “Your taste has changed Chanhee.”

 

  Chunji laughed with her and waved the subject away. “Come on noona, give us the best ice cream you’ve got.” He smiled at her and I thought I saw her red lips twitch.

 

  She soon retreated back to the counter and Chunji led me to one of the red cushion-y chairs.

  “What was that all about? It looked like you were ready to start a fight with her or something.” I told him.

 

  “That was my sister actually.” He laughed.

 

  “B-but you said-“

 

  “I know.” He smiled at me. “I just wanted to see your reaction that’s all.”

 

  I pouted. “That wasn’t nice.”

 

  “Did I ever say I was?”

 

  “So you’re a bad boy now?” I muttered.

 

  His smile faded slowly and it transformed into a serious, stern look that set off butterflies in my stomach.

  “I’ve always been a bad boy.”

 

  “Yes he has.” A woman’s voice cut off as his sister settled two bowls loaded with ice cream in front of us. “A very bad one.”

 

   “Enjoy the ice-cream. Chanhee's paying anyway.” She says as she smiles at me softly and starts walking away again.

 

  I turned my gaze away from her retreating figure and looked back at Chunji who was enjoying his ice-cream.

  “Mind explaining?” I asked him.

 

  “Personal family matters.”

 

  I frowned yet started digging in my own bowl.

 

  He must have seen my disappointment because he chuckled and patted my head since he was sitting beside me.

  “Once we’re close enough, and you finally know the truth, then I’ll tell you.” He smiled warmly and continued eating.

 

  I looked at him, confused.

 

  Truth?

 

 

  What truth?

 

{ c o n t i n u e }

 

authors note

thank you for all the subbies :>

the gif is not mine :D