L.joe ♥

Secret L♥ve

 

 

   I gripped the flower tight around my small hands as I approached the greenhouse. I saw a silhouette move around inside and my heart started beating ten times faster. I stopped on my tracks and breathed in and out as I opened the creaky net covered door.

   His head snapped as the door made a sound and I hid the flower securely at my back. He smiled.

   “Glad to see you here.”

 

   “C-Can I ask you something?” I asked, clearing my throat beforehand.

 

  He nodded. “Sure. What is it?”

 

   “Do you umm…like poetry?” I started.

 

   He raised his brow and flipped his purple-ish hair.

   “No. Why?”

 

   “Okay, then what about flowers?”

 

   He scoffed and shook his head. “I’m here aren’t I?” He stepped a bit closer towards me and tilted his head. “You’re acting weird today. Did something happen?”

 

I bit my lip hesitantly and shook my head. “Nothing. No. Nevermind.”

 

   “What’s wrong?” he said, worriedly.

 

   The stalk snapped under the pressure of my hands and my eyes widened. He seemed to perk up as he heard it and he maneuvered his way towards my back and he reached for the pink flower. I moved away from him and he scrunched his brows together.

   “People are starting to give you stuff now?”

 

   I moved back until I felt the net covered creaky door and I shook my head fast.

   “No, I don’t- … I mean I-“

 

   He smiled and sighed. “Don’t get me wrong Soo Hyo, I’m just surprised.”

 

   “Surprised?” I blinked.

 

   “That someone actually gave you something like that.” He snickered.

 

   “HEY!” I yelled at him.

 

   He continued laughing as he stepped back and returned to his cactuses.

 

   “Don’t worry.” He said, motioning me to come nearer. As I did, he pushed the smallest cactus into my hands. “I’ll give you something too.”

 

   I put the tiny thing back on the table and shook my head.

 

   “Fine. Be like this.” He frowned. “I just wanted to give you something that reminds you of me.”

 

   “But you already have.” I replied with a stifled laugh. “My umbrella.”

 

   He rolled his eyes. “I’m not giving that up yet.”

 

   “Yet?”

 

   “Because if I do, then I wouldn’t have any reason of seeing you anymore.” He replied.

 

   I wrinkled my nose. “Geez, you’re too corny.”

 

   “You don’t like corny guys either?”

 

   I shook my head. He laughed and messed my hair.

   “Do you still have that flower with you?” he asked as he flinched from the slap I gave to his hand.

 

   “It’s right here.” I said, holding it up.

 

   “Good, now take good care of it.” He muttered, watering the cactus I settled on the table.

 

   “Why?” I scoffed, “It’s gonna wilt anyway.”

 

   “Well, whoever gave that to you must be very fond of you.” He said.

 

   I shook the idea off my head and sighed. “Fine. I’ll do it because this flower is pretty.”

 

   “Good. Now before it wilts, break it.”

 

   “What?! But you just said-“

 

   “Not now you idiot.” He laughed. “Just break it before winter.”

 

   I tilted my head at the strange request but nodded anyway. Fall has just started. If I take good care of the flower, then maybe it could last longer.

 

  “Plus,” he said, making me jump at the sudden start of a conversation.

 

 

   “I was just jealous.”

 

{ c o n t i n u e }