INTRO

Secret L♥ve

 

           

            I felt the sun’s rays on my fingertips as I stood by the window of my room. I heard a small knock on my door and it creaked open slowly.

           “Noona! Ahjumma said that breakfast is ready~!” A little boy said running up to my overstretched arms.

           “Wah~ you’re getting heavier Junsu.” I told him happily as I swooped him off the ground. He giggled and nodded.

          “I have to because noona told me so!” I laughed and settled him down.

          “Go ahead, I’ll be there in a bit. Arasso?” I told him.

          “ARA~” He grinned and closed the door softly before I heard his footsteps run off.

          Junsu was the skinniest kid in the orphanage. He’d lie sometimes about not getting hungry just so that the younger kids could have more food. That kid’s too kind to begin with.

          So I sighed and took a bath before going down to eat breakfast with the rest of the kids. Everyone had their fair share of the food on the table but I took some of mine and placed it on Junsu’s plate that was beside me.

         He frowned at me. “Noona, that’s yours.” But I shook my head to reassure him.

         “I’m not hungry anymore.” He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed and he shook his head.

        “If you don’t eat that I’m going to get mad at you.” I said, taunting him.

         He looked at me and then his plate and ate the bread I gave him.I smiled triumphantly.

        “Yah, Soo hyo, you should at least think about eating more than you usually do for once. You’re getting skinnier.” Ahjummoni said.

         But I waved it off.

        “Don’t worry about me, I can handle myself already.”

        "If you say so." she smiled.

         I felt Junsu tug on my sleeve and I faced him.

        “What is it?” I asked him. He held the bread up to my mouth.

        “Noona say ahh~” he sang. I chuckled and opened my mouth anyway.

        “Is this the bread I gave you?” I asked him.

        “I can’t finish It anyway.” He pouted. “Noona’s gonna make me fat.”

          I rolled my eyes as I finished the food and stood up to gather the dishes.

        “Junsu-ah, go play with the other kids okay? I’m going to help ahjummoni.” He nodded eagerly and ran outside. Ahjummoni chuckled as she helped me gather the plates.

         “He could be your brother.” She mumbled.

         “Maybe.” I smiled. “But I’d rather see him playing with a family.” I said, putting the dishes in the sink and turning the water on.

        “Isn’t this orphanage family enough?” she asked me.I grinned at her and nodded. “Yes but, having a real one is different…right?”

         There was silence after that, just the soft sound of my scrubbing and the sound of the towel wiping the plates.

        “I wouldn’t know what it would feel like anyway.” I sighed.

        “Oh, sweetie It’s not that-“

        “I know, I know…someone’s still going to adopt me someday blah blah blah.” I muttered. 

          She chuckled. “I’m glad you’re THIS kind of girl.”

        “Yah, ahjummoni, what does that even mean?!” I asked, giggling and splashing some water at her.


 

 

- - - -hours later- - - -

 

        “SOO HYOOO!!!!!” Somebody yelled.I dashed towards the lobby and saw Ms. Kim. She was a volunteer teacher who worked part time at the orphanage.

        “What?! What happened?!” I asked her urgently.She held my shoulders for support and breathed heavily.

        “YOU GOT THE SCHOLARSHIP!!!!” she screamed at me while waving a paper in front of my face. I furrowed my eyebrows, clearly confused so she handed the paper to me. I blinked, collapsing on the couch. Ms. Kim sat beside me and held my shoulders.

        “You’re finally going to school!” she smiled. My face was still frozen from shock but a smile was plastered on my face.

        “H-how did you…?”

        “I took the liberty of recommending you to the school.” She said. “You were doing so well here. I didn’t want it to go to waste.”

        “Wh-what about ahjummoni? Does she know or-“ She let go of my shoulders and nodded to look behind me. I turned and saw ahjummoni smile at me.

        I stood up and hugged her. “Thank you so much ahjummoni.” 

        She my hair and her smile was evident in her voice.

  

 

       “Anything for you dear.”