Green Thumbs ♥

Secret L♥ve

I wandered around the silent hallways, passing classrooms and laboratories. This school was pretty big compared to where I went to the last time. I looked out the windows and found a greenhosue on the ground floor. I perked up and ran downstairs. It was beside a big oak tree that looked like a hand. My head tilted at the weird figure.

 

“Why does it look more like a dog sideways?” I mumbled.

 

 I straightened myself and shrugged, walking towards the greenhouse. I opened it slowly and peeked inside. I opened it wider and it made a creepy creaking sound.

 

“Anyone in here?” I whispered.

 

Silence replied and overwhelmed me. I let myself in and closed the rusty net door slowly. I walked towards shelves that had different varieties of cactuses. I picked one up and carried it towards a table. But when I did, I heard footsteps.

Panicking, I hid under a table. I heard the footsteps came closer and suddenly, they stopped. I carefully balanced the small cactus on my hands until dust coming from the table irked my nose. I pinched my nose and smiled triumphantly when I felt the sensation go away.

 

“It’s awfully dusty under there.” I heard a familiar voice mutter.

 

My eyes widened and I kept silent, tightening my grip on the pot.

I heard him scoff and a loud thud echoed throughout the greenhouse as he knocked the table down. There were footsteps again and I saw a pair of legs in front of me.

 

“Come on, get up.” He told me.

 

But I stood frozen from the sudden noise of the table. He sighed and bent down to look at me. His purple hair greeted me.

“Get up already, your knees are going to hurt.” He said.

 

I blinked, and hurriedly stood up. I headed for the door but he caught my arm.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked.

 

I looked at him and bowed. “I’m sorry. Were you here the whole time?”

 

He averted his gaze away from me. “It's my hiding place.” he mumbled.

 

I blinked. "S-so you heard me? Just now?" 

 

“Since your voice was too annoying and too loud, of course i heard you.”

 He looked back at me and pointed at the cactus.

"Were you going to steal that?"

 

I looked down at the tiny cactus and back at him.

“I-I was going to water it.” I stammered. "It looked like nobody was taking care of it."

 

His eyebrow went up. “You have a soft spot for plants too?”

 

I nodded slowly. He motioned for me to come with him so I hesitantly followed. Besides, I had a feeling it was rare to see him in such a good mood. He stopped in front of a hose and he got the cactus from me. I watched him turn the faucet on slowly and let the water flow towards the cactus. He looked at it like it was his long lost child or something. I silently giggled and his gaze snapped towards me.

“What?” he asked.

 

“What?” I replied innocently.

 

“You were laughing.” He replied.

 

I shook my head. “I wasn’t.”

 

“Yes you were.” He said, furrowing his eyebrows.

 

I simply shrugged. “Maybe it was just you. Maybe you’re becoming paranoid because of me.” I said, teasingly.

 

He rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

 

I watched him smile as he watered the rest of the plants that were on the ground. I tilted my head and moved towards him.

“You seem to be in a good mood.” I grinned.

 

His hand stiffened and he cleared his throat. “I’m not.”

 

“So, why're you so nice today? Did the plants get to you?” I asked him, still teasing.

 

He moved away from me. "I wasn't trying to be nice." he said.

 

I took a peek at his face but he moved away further. I puffed my cheeks and poked his back quite hard. He seemed to cringe and a painful look crossed his face.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked, worriedly.

 

“I-I’m fine.” He mumbled.

 

“Are you sure cause you-" My eyes landed on a purple spot on his hand.  “I-Is your hand swelling!?” I gasped.

 

He moved it away from my sight and I grabbed his sleeve.

 

“Are you really okay?”

 

He glanced at me, looked away for a second and sighed. He turned the faucet off and dropped the hose.

 

“Why do you keep asking questions?”

 

He was walking towards me. I moved back slowly  but I felt a rack of plants on my back which caused me to stop abruptly.

 

“L-L.joe. what exactly are you trying to-“

 

He stopped a few feet away from me. “I’m not trying to do anything. Soo Hyo.” He muttered. “I just don’t understand why you care so much.”

 

“You’re hurt aren’t you?” I looked at him, worry was written all over my face.

 

He rolled his eyes. “It’s nothing.”

 

“If it’s nothing then show your bruise to me.”

 

He held his hand up and showed the big purple spot and dropped his hand back down to his side.

“Happy now?” he asked. I bit my lip but nodded anyway.

 

“Good.” He said. “Now let it go alright?”

 

 He turned to leave but he spotted the turned down table so he put it back up. He looked back at me and cleared his throat.

“See you around.”

 

“Can you tell me what happened to that?” I called while he reached for the door.

 

He paused for quite a long time and looked down then back at me.

 

“Maybe.” and just like that, he left.

 

At least that was a maybe.

 

 

{continue...}

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

{author's note}

      hey guys, I might not be able to update everyday anymore since it's school tomorrow in my side of the world. 

      Anyway, I'll try my best :> Thank you for the subs!