08. Undercover

Spontaneously Falling in Love

The restaurant wasn't too crowded that day. Muhyon picked a table for two by the window.

"You like Chinese food, Haerinsshi?" he asked, starting a conversation.

"Are you kidding? I love Chinese, and Italian," Haerin answered happily.

Muhyon his charms and looked into Haerin's eyes. "Maybe, next time we go out, I'll take you to a fancy Italian restaurant," he said with his low, deep voice, almost seductive.

Haerin blushed and quickly looked down to the table. "Okay.."

The two were ordering food when Kyuhyun arrived and saw them by the window.

Dammit, Haerin will notice my car! I gotta go park somewhere else! Kyuhyun cursed inside as he parked the car at a minimarket next to the restaurant.

After that he got into his disguise. He changed his hoodie to a leather jacket, puts on his sunglasses and got off the car. "Time to go undercover."

Kyuhyun entered the restaurant and sit at the table right behind Muhyon and Haerin. He ordered lotus leaf rice and tea to the waitress. After she left, he started his spying, paying attention to every move the two made. Muhyon told a joke–that Kyuhyun finds not funny at all–and made Haerin giggled. Or Muhyon accidentally–or in Kyuhyun's eyes, accidentally on purpose–left sauce on his face and made Haerin wipe it with her fingers.

All that mushy acts are seriously going to make me puke, he thought, making a vomiting gesture.

But truthfully, inside Kyuhyun was building up a feeling of jealousy. If Kyuhyun was living in the medieval age right now, he would've just declared war to the villain (which in his case, is Muhyon), defeat him and have his princess (in his case, is Haerin) back to his arms. But sadly, he was living in the modern time, in reality.

The waiter came and delivered Kyuhyun's orders. Even though he was eating, his ears are still listening to Muhyon and Haerin's conversation. Muhyon was praising Haerin, a lot, that it made her blush and giggle, and possibly falling slowly for the womanizer.

"Haerinsshi, you're really beautiful," he said smiling.

"Aw, gomawo, oppa.. You– you too," Haerin blushed, awkwardly playing with her hair.

"Oh, so you're saying that I'm beautiful?" Muhyon asked with a made-up angry voice.

"Very beautiful, you're way cuter than me," she said teasingly. "Tell me, what's your secret?"

"You really wanna know?" he asked with a playful tone.

"I'm dying to."

Uh-oh. Kyuhyun sensed something bad was about to come up. And he was right. Muhyon was about to kiss Haerin's cheek. His face was about to get closer and closer, but before Muhyon reached his goal..

"Excuse me."

Muhyon stopped, both him and Haerin turned to the stranger in the sunglasses sitting at the table behind them.

Please, please, please, God, I hope they don't notice! begged Kyuhyun, he was really nervous as he can be.

"Can I have some of your salt there, mine ran out," he said with his voice made low and heavy it almost as if he swallowed a trombone.

"Uuuh, yeah sure," Muhyon looked at the weird stranger, his hand reached for the salt shaker and handed it to the stranger. "Here."

"Ah, kamsa," Kyuhyun said, he turned to his table, sprinkle salt on his meal and continued eating, leaving Muhyon and Haerin in awkward silence.

Muhyon was a bit bummed because his kiss was interrupted by a weird stranger in need of salt. But on the other hand, Kyuhyun was trying so hard to hold his laughter. HAHAHA, SCORE!

"Uh, so.. Haerinsshi, you wanna go now?" Muhyon asked breaking the weird atmosphere.

"Sure, let me call Kyuhyun-ah first," Haerin started pressing numbers on her phone.

"Eh, why?" asked Muhyon, a little bit annoyed hearing the name Kyuhyun.

"He's taking me home, oppa," Haerin answered, holding the phone to her ear.

Ring! Ring! Ring! – Ring! Ring! Ring!

Kyuhyun panicked in an instant, he got a call from Haerin. Haerin was looking at him too, surprised at the fact that his phone was ringing when she was calling. He hurriedly picked up his phone, and rejected the call, but still pulling the phone to his ear. "Yeobuseyo?" Kyuhyun successfully faked on answering a phone call.

Haerin was a bit irritated that Kyuhyun rejected her call. "Aish, that kid, where is he?"

"You know, Haerinsshi, I can drive you home, just tell me where you live," Muhyon offered.

Hearing that, Kyuhyun quickly ran to the to call Haerin back. Just before Haerin was about to accept Muhyon's offer, her phone rang. A call from Kyuhyun.

"Yeobuseyo? Kyuhyun-ah?"

"Yeobuseyo, mianhe Haerinsshi, I was talking to a professor from campus," he made up an excuse. "Are you still at the restaurant? You want me to pick you up?"

"Well, actually, Muhyon oppa was offering to drive me home..."

"No, Haerinsshi. You already troubled him with the lunch, I'll pick you up." The call ended. Kyuhyun hurried to the cashier and pay his meal, got out from the restaurant and to the car, waiting for Muhyon to leave.

Back at the restaurant, Muhyon was paying the bills. "So, what did Kyuhyun-ah said?"

"He said he'll be the one driving me home, I troubled you enough with this lunch date, oppa, gomawo," Haerin smiled. "Really. I had fun."

"I'm glad you did, but Haerinsshi, I really don't have any trouble driving you home," he insisted.

"No thanks, oppa," Haerin shook her head.

"Well, then, I'll just stay here until Kyuhyun-ah arrives," he said.

"No, oppa, no. I'll be fine by myself, and Kyuhyun will be here any minute. You go home and rest, I'll see you tomorrow at campus."

"Fine then, I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Muhyon smiled at Haerin and waved goodbye.

Haerin waved back until Muhyon left in his car. Not a minute later, Kyuhyun came inside, already changed into his hoodie.

"Wow, that was fast," Haerin commented.

"Well, yeah, the traffic was pretty smooth," Kyuhyun replied. "Come on, let's go home."

On their way to Haerin's house, Kyuhyun asked about her day. Although he already knew how it goes, he doesn't know what Haerin feels about her lunch date with Muhyon.

"It was great, I really like Muhyon oppa," Haerin smiled. "He's nice and caring and irresistibly cute.." she started to blush.

Kyuhyun scoffed. "I'm cuter than him, you know," he muttered in jealousy.

"Of course you are," Haerin pinched Kyuhyun's cheeks.

"Owww!" Kyuhyun pouted an aegyo pout.

"Stop doing that you're too cute!"

"I am, deal with it," Kyuhyun smirked and focused back on the road.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© hellopsr's stories, 2011

 

Kyuhyun's way cuter that Muhyon, I can assure you. What will the Prince do to save his Princess from the Evil Muhyon?

Sorry this chapter's short (it's schoolnight T_T), but I hope you enjoyed it. Anyway mianheyo for the mistakes in the last chapters, please do critic and correct me and I'll fix it ASAP. Comment and subscribe! :D