06. Lesson Number One

Spontaneously Falling in Love

"Kyuhyun-ah, is this okay?" Haerin pointed to what she was wearing.

"Of course, what do you think I'm wearing?" Kyuhyun teasingly smiled. "Don't worry, you look fine."

Kyuhyun and Haerin was sitting inside the car that's already parked in front of Kim Hyesang's huge, and lavish mansion. Kyuhyun reassured Haerin that she's going to be fine, and they'll have fun. Haerin half-heartedly gave in and eventually got out of the car with Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun put her arm around her shoulder. "Lesson Number One: Parties. Bad- parties," Kyuhyun said. "There are a lot of people here, and you have to be noticed by them. You have to mingle with them, and I assure you, tomorrow everybody will be calling you to sit with them in the courtyard."

Haerin nodded. "Okay, so.. we start now?"

Kyuhyun chuckled and walked with Haerin inside the mansion. Music was pumping hard inside, disco hard sparkling despite the dimmed lights. Haerin noticed all the people, dancing, drinking, just sitting around and chatting, they seem to have fun.. while she doesn't feel comfortable at all.

"Kyuhyun-ah!" they heard a voice.

"Donghae hyung! You're here!" Kyuhyun opened his hands to Donghae's handshake. "Hyung, I want you to meet Park Haerin, my friend. Haerinsshi, this is Lee Donghae."

"Annyeonghaseyo, noona," Donghae smiled at her. "Enjoy the party, Hyesang's inside with her friends!"

Donghae left the two alone. Kyuhyun looked down at Haerin. "See? Donghae hyung isn't that bad, and so are they," he said, referring to other people in this party. "Come on, let's drink by the dance floor. Donghae hyung is good at dancing, you know?"

Kyuhun led the way to the dancing floor, grabbing two cups of drink on his way. She gave one to Haerin. "Here."

Haerin smelled it, her eyes widened in an instant. "Cognac? Is it heavy?"

"Not too heavy," Kyuhyun took a sip, so she did as well.

They were standing by the dance floor in the main room, Kyuhyun was cheering for his hyung. Haerin forgot all the nervous feeling in her and started laughing and cheering for Donghae. "Wow, he's pretty good!"

"You dance?!" Kyuhyun yelled in her ear because the music was blasting really loud.

"I do! But I never showed it to anyone!" She yelled back.

"Really? You should dance!"

"No! No way!"

Kyuhyun pouted, making an aegyo face at Haerin, and it didn't work.

"No, Kyuhyun-ah. You can't make me!"

Kyuhyun thought of a way to get Haerin to dance. He signaled Donghae to come and pulled her to the dance floor. And so he did.

"Haerinsshi, come on dance!" Donghae yelled.

"What?! No!" Haerin shook her head. "You dance! I can't dance!"

"Oh, come on!" Donghae pulled her hands to the dance floor, and they were dancing together.

Haerin's body quickly moved along to the rhythm and along to Donghae's smooth move. Their hands intertwine their bodies spin around and around. The cognac she drank earlier was reacting. She danced with Donghae till her feet can't dance anymore. When she was about to collapse, Kyuhyun pulled her from the dance floor and into his arms.

"Haerinsshi, Haerinsshi, you okay?" he asked, worry flowed through his words.

"I'm fine, Kyuhyun-ah!" Haerin laughed. "I had fun. I just danced!"

Kyuhyun smiled from her being okay, but still worried about her getting a little drunk, so he led her to the couch near the bar. A lot of girls and boys were surrounding them, curious if she's Kyuhyun's new girlfriend.

"No, she's just my friend, guys. This is Park Haerin," he introduced her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Hyesang, thanks for coming!" Hyesang, the birthday girl greeted her.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Saengil chukha haminda, Hyesang-sshi, great party!" Haerin smiled at her.

Haerin was soon chatting with Hyesang and her friends. Complementing each other's outfit or just gossiping about people. Then, comes in, Kang Muhyon, the handsome kingka.

"Hey, Kyuhyun-ah! You brought a friend?" he pointed to the beautiful Haerin.

"Haerinsshi? Yeah," Kyuhyun nodded.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Haerinsshi," Muhyon let out his charms, and sit next to Haerin. "Enjoying the party?"

"Yeah. You're Muhyonsshi, right?" she asked politely.

"It's nice that you know my name. And I'm sure that everybody here knows you," he said. "Hey, wanna sit on the bar? We could have a little chat. I'm really looking forward to know you."

"Okay, yeah."

Muhyon was talking to Haerin, and they seemed to have fun, while Kyuhyun was with the girls and some guy friends. Every once in a while, Kyuhyun always check on Haerin, afraid if Muhyon did something to her. He knew Muhyon, known around campus as the bad- womanizer.

He turned to Haerin again, checking on her and saw Muhyon trying to touch her face, on her rosy cheeks. Kyuhyun suddenly felt this atom of hostility, it made a little spark, stinging Kyuhyun's heart. Kyuhyun didn't want to admit what that was, but he knew that Haerin is his responsibilty.

"Guys, excuse me for a second," he said to his friends and quickly walk towards the two. He grabbed Haerin's hand, his sudden appearance made Muhyon startled. "Sorry, for interrupting, Muhyon hyung. It's almost 20.30 and I promised her parents that she'd be home by nine."

"Eh, we're going now, Kyuhyun-ah?" Haerin was a bit disappointed.

"Yeah, come on Haerinsshi. Your appa-umma and your brother is probably worried," Kyuhyun said with a strict voice.

"Okay, then. Annyeong, Muhyon oppa, nice meeting you!" she said smiling and bid farewell to Muhyon as she left with Kyuhyun.

They were on their way to the car when Kyuhyun started nagging at her. "Oppa? You call Muhyon hyung, 'oppa'?"

"Well, he insisted," Haerin shrugged.

"Yah, I want you to have fun. I want you to have friends. But stay away from Muhyon, he's dangerous. He's a heartbreaker, Haerinsshi, and I wouldn't want you to get hurt," he said sincerely, his brown eyes looking into hers.

"He seems like a nice guy, and don't worry, I got you, right?" Haerin smiled at her. She's starting to trust this quirky guy, seeing that he's really willing to protect her.

Kyuhyun was flustered, and quickly nodded. "Yeah, don't worry. Now let's get you home."

As Kyuhyun made their way out of the mansion's gates, Muhyon was watching them from the front door.

The girl, one of the few girls he's been waiting to lay hands on, he couldn't let Kyuhyun defend her from him. He was determined to made Haerin his. Muhyon made a smirk, and went back inside.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© hellopsr's stories, 2011

 

New feelings are popping out and is bothering Kyuhyun. And on the other hand, Haerin started to lose herself to Muhyon. Who's the real Knight on a white horse for her?

6th chapter! It pretty much sums up the whole new angle. Comment and subscribe! :D