10. Heartbreak

Spontaneously Falling in Love

Saturday. Kyuhyun was playing games at home because he had no lecture for the day. His parents are away for the weekends and his sister is out, so he was just alone with the maids and the butlers home.

"Come on, sir! Yessir! Yes! Yes! Come on!" he shouted to himself, totally focused on the game. He was just about to defeat the boss and complete the level when his phone rang.

Kyuhyun glanced at his phone to read who was calling. Haerin's name appeared on the screen. Usually, Kyuhyun would ignore phone calls when he is gaming, but this time he paused to pick it up.

"Yeobuseyo?"

"Yeobuseyo? Kyuhyun-ah, where are you?" asked Haerin from the other end.

"Home. Gaming now, Haerinsshi, this better be important," said Kyuhyun. He heard Haerin sighed on the phone.

"Fine. Kyuhyun-ah, can you pick me up at campus?" she asked. "I'm with Muhyon oppa now and he said he couldn't drive me home because he's meeting his friends for the project, and.."

"Bouya?" Kyuhyun cut her off. "Yah, Haerinsshi. I'm not your driver."

"Pleeeease?" Haerin begged. "Come on. It's been a while since the two of us hung out together too. So how about we watch a movie after that?"

"Seriously? You're gonna somewhat bribe me into it?"

"Look, you coming or not?"

"Alright, fine," Kyuhyun gave in. "What time should I pick you up, madam?"

"Stop it, you're making me feel bad," Haerin said sarcastically, and made Kyuhyun laugh. "Probably around 2. My lecture should be done by then."

"Okay. What are we watching anyway?"

"Whatever seems good," Haerin replied. "Okay then, see you later, Kyu. Gomawo!" She hung up.

Kyuhyun threw his phone to the bed and continued gaming.

"Aish, that girl," he muttered to himself, but suddenly smiles.

Finally, we could go out, just the two of us again.

***

At campus, Haerin and Muhyon were walking around the campus' garden while talking. They stopped and sit on a park bench near a statue.

"Uh, Haerinsshi.." Muhyon said.

"Hm?"

"I want to talk to you about something."

"Sure, what is it, oppa?"

Muhyon looked around, making sure they were alone. He took Haerin's hand and held it in his, his eyes looked deep into hers. "Haerin, I'm in love with you."

Haerin was shocked, agitated by the confession Muhyon made. She felt her cheeks getting hotter and hotter as the crimson blood rushed through her veins, making her blush, her heartbeat getting faster and faster by the second. 

"Really, Haerinsshi. You stole my heart the first time I met you. The first time we talked. You're beautiful, smart and sophisticated, you're sweet and nice, you're perfect. Haerinsshi, saranghaeyo."

Haerin's heart stopped at the last word. He loves me.

Suddenly Kyuhyun's face flashed inside her head. Kyuhyun.. what about appa and umma? Haerin asked herself, remembering her parents' dream for her to graduate immediately and get married–with Kyuhyun.

She bit her lips in doubt, and think for a while. Those lips slowly formed a smile. She sheepishly nodded, accepting Muhyon's confession. She couldn't help it because she knows that somewhere deep inside her heart, she loves him too.

***

Kyuhyun arrived at campus about 10 minutes before 2. He was walking to the garden because Haerin texted him that she'd be waiting there.

When he got to the garden, he was shocked of what was waiting for him there. In front of his eyes, the girl that he cared the most was kissing the man he despised because of his reputation. Wha–, Haerin and Muhyon? He took a few steps back, biting his lips, not letting a gasp escape through his lips.

Before the emotions inside him explodes, Kyuhyun quickly stomped his way out of there. These feelings inside him, hurt and hate and jealousy, everything, every atom of those feelings exploded inside him, breaking his heart. He kicked the dirt under his feet to let out his anger. He let out a long, frustrated sigh, and slapped his own face. Why?

While Kyu was trying to settle his feelings, Muhyon walked out of the garden with his new girlfriend, Haerin.

"So, we're officially dating?" he asked, tightening his grip on Haerin's hand.

"Officially," Haerin chuckled, and so did Muhyon.

"Haerinsshi, mianheyo. I got to go now," Muhyon bend his knee down and kissed Haerin on the cheek. "I'll call you later, okay?"

Haerin nodded. "Okay." 

She waved him goodbye and watched as Muhyon walked away. After he disappeared, Haerin grabbed her phone and called Kyuhyun.

"Yeobuseyo?" Kyuhyun answered, his voice so weak. He wasn't really in the mood to talk to Haerin but he had to.

"Kyuhyun-ah, where are you?" Haerin asked.

"Campus. I'm almost there."

"Alright. Hurry, okay, I got something I wanna tell you."

"Okay," Kyuhyun sighed and hung up. He already knew what Haerin's gonna tell her. He walked to Haerin's place and approached her like he doesn't know anything. "Hey, been waiting long?"

"Not at all," Haerin smiled at him.

Usually, that smile would make Kyuhyun's face light up too, but this time, that smile only made the pain worse, and even he doesn't know why. So he just forced a smile in response, and they both walked out of the garden, to the parking lot.

"Ah, Kyu. Listen, there's something I wanted to tell you," said Haerin.

"Sure, what?" Kyuhyun tried his best to look interested, when his heart swore that he really wanted to go deaf that instant.

Haerin mysteriously grinned, making Kyuhyun more confused by her action. "Kyu, I am now going out with Muhyon oppa!" she exclaimed happily.

Kyuhyun felt as if something punched him in the chest so hard, but managed to hold it in and act as if he was surprised. "Wow, seriously? Congrats, Haerinsshi. I'm really happy for you," he said, smiling half-heartedly and patted Haerin's head.

"Aaaw, gomawo, Kyuhyun-ah," Haerin jumped to hug him. "You know, it wouldn't happen if it wasn't for you."

"Hahaha, yeah.." Kyuhyun faked a chuckle. Truthfully, he was really irritated and hurt, because Haerin seemed so happy. So in love with Muhyon.

Why? I'm supposed to be happy for her, but why is this heart aching instead? Could it be that they were right? Could it be that I'm falling for her?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© hellopsr's stories, 2011 

 

Haerin did fell for the bad guy. It's heartbreak for Kyuhyun. How could he mend it back?

Mianheyo for taking so long to update, been busy with school. Here's a new chapter. Comment and subscribe, kamsa! :D