03. First Impression

Spontaneously Falling in Love

Haerin closed the door of her room and threw her slingbag to her bed. She was about to remove her watch from her wrist, and realize that her charm bracelet was gone.

"Damn it, where is my bracelet?" she muttered to herself and starts looking for her bracelet in her bag. Since it was not there to be found, she decided she'd ask the librarian tomorrow.

Haerin took a brief shower to clean up and wears her pajamas. She sits on her queen-sized bed, reading her last notes on the lecture about medicines. Suddenly she hears a knock on her door. "Come in," she replied to the knock.

Haesang, her older brother, came in. "Annyeong, yeodongsaeng. Dinner's ready, wanna come down now?"

Haerin nodded. "Ah, oppa! Yeah, wait for me downstairs. Is umma and appa home yet?" she asked, closing her notebook and put it on her desk.

"Downstairs. Where are you from anyway?" Haesang asked, leaning towards the door.

"The library as usual."

"Alone?'

"Yes, why?"

"Don't you have any friends?" Haesang let out a disturbing question.

Haerin sighed and answered, "Oppa, I have friends of course, but when it comes to the library, I always go alone. It's just that I feel more comfortable that way."

Haesang nodded in understanding. "I see. Well come on now, dinner's not going to start without you," he said and left.

Haerin just shook her head, she closed the door and walked after her brother downstairs,

***

The next day, Haerin was attending Mrs. Minchan's lecture. She was taking notes and really paying attention.

Apparently, Kyuhyun was sitting just behind her. He was spying on her for the second time, this time more intense because Haerin wouldn't notice her at all. Kyuhyun paid attention to every move Haerin made, instead of paying attention to the lecture. He managed to notice her habits, like nibbling on pen everytime Mrs. Minchan is talking.

Kyuhyun also noticed that Haerin is really cute when being serious, and she's already beautiful anyway. She had her hair rolled up in a messy bun and her fringe made a shade covering her eyes every time she looked down to write.

"So, can anyone answer this question?" Mrs. Minchan asked.

Haerin quickly raised her hand up, and made Kyuhyun startled.

"Miss Park Haerin, you may."

Haerin answered the question with a long answer with explanation, using her loud and clear voice. Kyuhyun was amazed at the way Haerin answered the question correctly.

"That is correct, Miss Park, thank you," Mrs. Minchan smiled. "Miss Park's answer are right, but would anyone add something to complete it? Anything, a statement, or a quote, perhaps a theory?"

Kyuhyun raised his hands. He didn't want to answer the question, and was only doing it so Haerin would notice him.

"Ah, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun. What will you add to Miss Park Haerin's answer?" Mrs. Minchan asked the well-known genius.

"Kamsa, Mrs. Minchan," Kyuhyun said and stood up.

Haerin realized that the voice was coming form behind him. She looked back and notice a familiar look on Kyuhyun. He looked down to Haerin and smirked.

[Haerin's POV]

OH NO.

That guy, he was the one spying on me yesterday! How could we meet in this situation. And what does he mean by that smirk? I swear to God if I'm not attending a lecture now I'd blurted out out of anger and curiosity!

Calm down, Haerin. Keep it cool. You're in a lecture now, listen to his words, you need to learn.

This Cho Kyuhyun guy is smart, I have to admit that. He added Avicenna's theory to my answer and quoted prestigious medical figures. He must've read a lot of books. Probably the reason why he was in the library yesterday.

I have to write down his answers.

[Other POV]

So, Kyuhyun made a long statement filled with quotes and theories.

Haerin quickly noted it down in a messy writing only she could understand. Kyuhyun caught a glimpse of her writing pretty fast, and he was surprised that she was really serious of learning from Kyuhyun's answer.

"Wow, that was pretty long, Mr. Cho. But it's true. Very true indeed. Nice job, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun, thank you!" she exclaimed and clapped her hands a few times.

Kyuhyun bowed and sit back down. He continued spying on Haerin, though now Haerin's a little bit uncomfortable, and more suspicious.

***

"Hey, Haerinsshi, wait!" Kyuhyun ran after Haerin once their lecture's over.

Haerin stopped and turn around to see Kyuhyun. "Yes?"

Kyuhyun pulled the charm bracelet out of his hoodie pocket and held it in front of Haerin's eyes. "I believe this is yours, I found it on your table yesterday. Mianhe, I didn't return it earlier."

Haerin snatched the bracelet from Kyuhyun's hand. "Ka-kamsa," she said, her stutter made Kyuhyun chuckle. "Why are you laughing?"

"Let me ask you first, why are you stuttering?" Kyuhyun asked between his laugh that is growing louder.

Haerin blushed and and pouted. "Wha-what? I'm not stut-tering," she stutters even more.

"Hey, calm down, Haerinsshi. I'm not a creeper or something, I was just reading a book yesterday, and I noticed you and thought you were familiar. I see you a lot at campus you know," Kyuhyun made up a reason.

"Okay. Look, Kyuhyunsshi," Haerin sighed. She stopped stuttering because Kyuhyun's explanation made her somewhat relieved. "Thank you for returning my bracelet, and I didn't want to know that. Okay, annyeong," she ends the conversation and walked away.

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow and ran after her. "Wait, Haerinsshi, can we talk? I really wanna talk to you!" he exclaimed.

Haerin's eyebrows joints. "Eh?"

Kyuhyun managed to catch up to her. "Yeah, I really mean that. I really wanna talk to you," he said, his brown soft eyes were sincere, making shivers down Haerin's body.

What is it with this guy? Does he have a playboy personality I don't know?

Haerin stared at him, right in the eyes. "For what reason, exactly?"

"I don't know, you seem interesting, and very smart, and beautiful too," Kyuhyun answered truthfully. His honest and oh-so-innocent personality took over since he really wanted to talk to Haerin.

Haerin blushed for a second, but hurriedly takes over again. "Well, okay then. It seems that you really wanted to talk to me, so.. yeah, okay. Where?" she finally stated.

Kyuhyun eyes widened and made a huge dorky grin. "Score!" he screamed happily and punched his fist up the air. "Come on, I know where we can go!" 

"Wait!" before Haerin could stop him, Kyuhyun was already pulling her out of campus.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© hellopsr's stories, 2011

 

Where are they going? What is it that Kyuhyun wanted to talk about with Haerin?

Here it is, the third chapter. Mianheyo if it's boring, it's late and I'm hungry, hehehe. Well, enjoy, please comment and subscribe! Kamsa ;D