19. Betrayal

Spontaneously Falling in Love

Haerin looked at the time. It was already 5.53pm, and Muhyon still hasn't picked her up in front of the faculty yet. The cold autumn wind was blowing pretty strong, making her shiver. She wrapped her arms around her own body, keeping the cold wind away even though her petite body was already covered up in a red boyfriend sweater.

God, it's so cold. I made a bad choice wearing a skirt today.. Haerin thought to herself. Where's Muhyon oppa anyway? I've waited for him for almost an hour.. he hasn't called again since 15 minutes ago too..

Haerin started to worry about her boyfriend. Her legs were getting tired and cold, so she decided to go back inside the building and wait for Muhyon in the lounge. She walked along the empty hallways. At this time of the day, the campus is getting empty, the night classes usually starts at 7. She felt this bad feelings creeping up her shoulders, so she shrugged just to wash it away.

"Heeheehee."

A voice of a giggle crashed Haerin's thoughts. "Wha–what was that..?" she was alarmed. There was no one to answer her question but the eerie silence. It started to give her the heebie-jeebies. Just when Haerin is about to run for dear life, she heard a ladylike voice, calling a name really familiar to her.

"Muhyon oppa~"

Haerin's heart stopped. She grew curious of the voice, what was it doing calling her boyfriend's name? Giggles and murmurs of two person talking started to get clearer and clearer in her ears as she followed the sound to where it came from.

"Muhyon oppa," she heard it again. "Do you love me?"

"Of course I do, do you even need to question that?" a familiar voice replied to the other. Haerin knew who that voice belongs to, but she didn't want to believe it.

The voice led her into a room behind a stairway. She was going to enter it, but the voices stopped. Haerin didn't left, she decide to go and checked if there was no one there. She didn't knew, something was waiting for her. As Haerin entered the room, she witnessed the most heart-breaking sight she ever felt in her entire life.

In front of her, her boyfriend was kissing a strange girl she haven't even seen before. Haerin took a few steps backwards, until she bumped into piles of brooms, causing it to fall down and create a racket.

Muhyon and the girl broke the kissed, both surprised of Haerin's presence. "Ha–Haerinsshi," Muhyon gulped. "You're here."

"Oppa.. what is this.. who.. what are you doing.. I don't.. understand.. why.." Haerin's lips started to quiver, her whole body shaking. Haerin didn't felt angry, but she could feel her heart breaking to tiny little pieces. "How could you do this to me?"

Muhyon whispered something to the girl, and she just left without saying anything. He turned to Haerin who was still standing there, frozen, staring at him unbelievingly.

"Look, Haerinsshi, listen to me," he said, slowly walking towards her. He had her pinned against the wall, his arms wrapped around her waist, while the other lifting her chin up. "She's no one. She's unimportant, you know that you're the only girl for me right?"

"D-don't touch me," Haerin tried to struggle out of Muhyon's grip, but he was too strong for her.

"Why? I'm not gonna hurt you.." Muhyon forced a kiss on Haerin's lips, his hands touching her lower rear torso. 

Haerin was shocked to have Muhyon touched her that way, she finally got the chance to kick Muhyon right on the knees, making him fall down.

"," Muhyon cursed, holding his aching knee. He scoffed. "Well, Haerinsshi. Maybe it's time for me to come clean. I can't believe you're naive enough to fall for me. You really messed up didn't you? You've hurt you're best friend, your precious Kyu–"

"STOP IT!" Haerin yelled, her hands covering hears. "Stop it! I never intended to hurt anybody!"

Muhyon's words pierced a hole through Haerin's heart–if she has any left. She took a few steps backward. "I shouldn't have trusted you.. I shouldn't have trusted you.." she kept repeating that sentence, until her tears broke. 

Haerin ran away from that place, so fast with hope of drying her tears, and no idea where to go. She ran as far as she can until she reached an empty playground. Haerin broke down, sobbing alone. The sky was already dark and the night wind was getting cold, and Haerin was alone there. She sobbed really loud, her shoulder shaking up and down. She screamed and yelled and cursed, trying to overwhelm this huge pain she felt inside her chest. She kept on calling out for Kyuhyun, telling him how sorry she is and how she's hurting, even though she knew Kyuhyun wouldn't be there.

She stayed there until she stopped crying and calmed down. She didn't call Kyuhyun or Hyesang, she didn't want to made them worry about her. All Haerin want now is just a way to forget today. Forget this pain. Forget him. Haerin looked up to see the street sign. She remembered about a place that could make her forget all about her pain, even if just for a short moment. Haerin forced herself to stand up, and dragged her feet to walk a couple of blocks.

***

"Kyuhyun, what's wrong?"

Donghae's question snapped Kyuhyun out of his thoughts. They were playing video games at Hyesang's place, with the thought of cheering Kyuhyun up, but Kyu didn't seem to be really enjoying it. He still win against Donghae and Hyesang, but he's never excited about it.

"I'm worried about Haerinsshi," Kyuhyun replied to the previous question. "Bad feelings are creeping in."

"Call her then," Hyesang suggested.

Kyuhyun grabbed his phone and dialed Haerin's number. Not too long after the dial tone came in, Haerin picked up. "Hyunnie!" she exclaimed happily. "I'm so happy that you called!"

Kyuhyun was worried by the way Haerin sounded on the phone. "Yeobuseyo? Haerinsshi, are you okay?"

"I'm awesome!" Haerin replied happily. Kyuhyun would hear her hiccups every once in a while. "Guess what Kyu? I just had the most stinking day in my life! Wait, I don't even have a life now, it was ruined by an . What a life, isn't it? ~" she kept on blabbering nonsense on the phone.

"What? Haerinsshi, are you drunk?" Kyuhyun asked anxiously. He could tell that Haerin was drunk, but he just needed to make sure that she is. "Are you alone there?"

"I'm not drunk!" Haerin yelled. "I'm not drunk, Kyuhyun. Wanjisshi! Wanjisshi, tell Kyu I'm not drunk~"

Kyuhyun became more puzzled when he heard a guy voice came out from the phone. "Yeobuseyo? I'm sorry, who is this?"

"I'm Cho Kyuhyun. Who are you? What are you doing with Haerin?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I'm sorry, sir. I am Wanji, I am the bartender of this bar, owned by Miss Haerin's father. Miss Haerin came in just a an hour ago with sore, red eyes and hoarse voice. I think she was crying, sir. She ordered me to get her every drink heavy enough to make her drunk. I tried to stop her, sir, but–"

"Where is this bar? Give me the address, I'm going there," Kyuhyun cut off Wanji's explanation. Wanji gave him the address of the bar. "Kamsahamnida, Wanjisshi. Please keep an eye on Haerin."

Kyuhyun hung up. Hyesang and Donghae were staring at him with worried looks.

"What do you mean she's drunk?" Hyesang asked anxiously.

"I don't know why yet, but she is. I need to go get her," Kyuhyun grabbed his keys from the table and got up the floor. "Hyung, you coming?"

Donghae grabbed his jacket and his keys also. "Lead the way."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© hellopsr's stories, 2011 

 

I guess Haerin and Kyuhyun does have some kind of telepathy, hm?

Double chapters! I post this chapter up quickly making up my previous short chapter :3 thanks for all the comments! <3 xx