05. The Morning After

Spontaneously Falling in Love

Thursday, 06.17am.

Haerin wakes up to the annoying sound of her ringtone. Who would call at this time in the morning?! she thought, blindly explored the table with her fingers until she reached her phone.

"Yeobuseyo?" she said with a hoarse, sleepy voice.

"Yeobuseyo, Haerinsshi? It's me," said the voice from the other line.

Haerin's eyes widened as she heard the voice. "Kyuhyun-ah? Where did you get my number?"

"That's not important. You just woke up, didn't you?" he asked.

"Yeah, so? What's wrong?"

"You have a class today?"

"Uh, yeah. Chemistry at 9."

"Great, I'll pick you up at 7.30, okay?"

"Eh, why?" Haerin was flustered.

"Well, I wanna take you somewhere after school. We can use my car, so leave your car at home. I'll pick you up," Kyuhyun explained. "Okay? Just wear something casual! Annyeong, Haerinsshi!" he ended the call.

Haerin threw her head to the pillows. Does he even know where I live? Is it the right decision to agree with the deal? Doubt filled Haerin's head. Haerin saved Kyuhyun's number in her phone, and stared at her phone screen for sometime.

"Aish. I'll just take a shower," she muttered to herself, pulling a towel from the hanger and head to the bathroom.

Haerin finished 25 minutes later, she walked out of the showers with her blue towel wrapping her tall and slim posture. She wore her bra and underwear, and opened the large closet door.

Inside it was piles and racks of outfits, with hats and shoes, everything that shall complete a girl's look. Haerin is a fashion , and she reads a lot of fashion magazine. Most of her clothes are branded, and some are custom made. But she'd buy clothes from anywhere, as long as it matches her style and comfy to wear.

She used a bone-white colored oversized tee with beige writings in the center over the black tank she already wore. Her gray skinny pants and light gray oxford shoes matched the upper-wear. Lastly, she wore a ribbony statement necklace and her charm bracelet, which reminds her of Kyuhyun, and made her hurry before she heard the phone ring.

Haerin hairdryed her hair and combed her long curls. She put on her usual natural make up; foundation, face powder, blush-on and eyeshadow, and a layer of chapstick on her pink, cotton candy lips. She grabbed a gray sling-bag and stuffed all her needs in there; books, notebook, pencil case, some make-up kit, her phone, her iPod and her wallet. She grabbed her aviator sunglasses and Levi's watch from her lamp table and got out of the room.

Her brother who just woke up stared at her curiously from his door. "Yah, Haerin! Where are you going?"

"I have a lecture at nine," Haerin stopped to answer her brother. "You?"

"11. But why hurry? It's only 7.15 now, and have you eat breakfast yet?"

Haerin shooked her head. "Don't worry, oppa. I'll be sure to eat breakfast, promise," she made a grin and a swear sign. "Appa and umma left yet?"

"Already at 6, now go downstairs, eat breakfast!" Haesang being bossy.

Before Haerin could obey his brother's order, her phone was already ringing again. It was Kyuhun.

"Yeobuseyo, Haerinsshi. I'm in front of your house now, it's okay if you're still getting ready, I'll wait," he said.

"Eh, no. I'll be right down, wait a second," Haerin answered, looking at her brother. "Oppa, my friend is already downstairs, I wouldn't want to keep him waiting."

"Him? You're with a boy?" Haesang asked with a surprised tone. "Who is he?"

"Aish, oppa, you don't need to worry, he's just a friend. I'll be going now, okay?" she said as she ran down the stairs.

"Yah! Park Haerin! Just make sure you eat your breakfast!" Haesang yelled.

"I will, promise! Annyeong oppa, don't be late for your class, okay?!" Haerin yelled back as she ran out the door, and the ahjumma closed it, leaving Haesang in the house shaking his head out of frustration. Even though her sister is already a grown up woman, he can't stop worrying about her.

Kyuhyun was waiting outside in his Audi, when he saw Haerin skipped down the stairs towards his car.

"Hey. Been waiting long?" Haerin asked, smiling at Kyuhyun.

"Not at all. You look beautiful, by the way," Kyuhyun honestly praised Haerin's beauty. He really like Haerin's brown curly locks, and her strong, yet really sweet smile.

"Thank you, don't you look good yourself," Haerin smiled as her heart skipped a beat out of Kyuhyun's flattering statement.

Kyuhyun was wearing a plain white t-shirt, and a plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his upper arm, exposing a bit of his abs. His sunglass was clipped on his shirt pocket, the one where his iPod headsets are coming out of. The rest was jeans and Vans.

"Ah, this is just the casual me. Though I have to believe I do look nice," Kyuhyun complimented himself and made Haerin shook her head. "Hope on, Haerinsshi!"

After Haerin fasten her seatbelt, Kyuhyun quickly drove out of the mansion.

"Have you eaten breakfast yet?" he asked.

"You sound like my brother," Haerin sighed.

"Haesang?" Kyuhyun asked.

"You know him?"

"Of course, he's my friend. Your dad used to take him to my house when he's visiting my dad."

"I never knew," Haerin nodded. "And, no, I haven't ate breakfast."

"Well, neither have I, so let's go to this restaurant I know. It's near the campus, don't worry."

So Kyuhyun drove to a restaurant. It was designed like a classic English house, so Haerin could tell that it serves western foods. Kyuhyun ordered them both breakfast set such as eggs and bacon, french pastries, with choice of juices, teas and milks.

He must've came from a rich family, Haerin thought.

When they were eating, Haerin suddenly asked, "Hey, Kyuhyun-ah.. Where are we going after school?"

"To a birthday party," Kyuhyun answered casually. "Kim Hyesang is having a birthday party in her big mansion. Her parents are away. Everybody's invited, and I'm taking you with me."

"What?! Kim Hyesang's birthday party? Does she even know me?" Haerin blurted out, nervous.

"Of course she knows you. Calm down, Haerin. You're with me, I'll introduce you to Donghae hyung, my friends, we'll have fun there," Kyuhyun assured her.

"But, Kyuhyun-ah..." Haerin whined.

"Don't worry, Haerinsshi. Tell you what, after school, I'll treat you to lunch. We'll go to the library, and by 6 we'll be at Hyesang noona's party, have fun, maybe mingle a bit, and I'll take you home, no later then 9. I promise," Kyuhyun held out a pinky for Haerin, who was in doubt. "Come on, I'm your best friend, right? I'll take good care of you there."

Haerin nodded and tied her pinky to Kyuhyun's. She knew she wouldn't win against Kyuhyun, and this once, she felt that there is something inside her that's waiting to get out, to be free. Something Kyuhyun would help her with.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© hellopsr's stories, 2011

 

Haerin isn't sure of what's happening. She's just running along, jumping spontaneously, and Kyuhyun shall lead the way.

5th chapter. Mianheyo if it's long and boring, I'll try my best to make the next chapter exciting! Comment and subscribe! :D