Breath

Forbidden Love

'Come on, this isn't the first time you face them. Focus.' Hyunseung thought as he readied himself. Before he could react, a fist came from his left crashing it into his side profile. 

 

"Where's you're head JS?! Focus!! Remember You Won Hwa!!" Master Choi yelled out as Hyunseung was  pounced on by the instructors surrounding him, as they aggressively attacked him. 

As he tried to find common ground to implement Soo ki as a counter he saw that one of his instructors came at him in the same manner he saw L do to his slackers. Scared that he would face the same fate of a broken hand within seconds he retracted his fist, only to get brutally pummeled by the others until he collapsed. 

"Please no more....I can't take it." Hyunseung begged as he clutched his aching body parts. 

"Alright that's enough! Step away from the boy." Master Choi yelled as he walked over towards the center of the mat where Hyunseung laid. Once he reached him he sat down next to him. "JS, what's going on for the last month or so you've been in this funk where if you see one of us coming towards you ready to counter your Soo Ki, you retract your hand away like a coward. What's going on?" 

"Nothing Master. I've just been really stressed with my medical exams, they are next week and I haven't been able to focus." Hyunseung answered as he slowly began to lift himself into a sitting position carefully avoiding eye contact with Master Choi. 

"Don't lie to me Hyunseung. I've known you since you were a little boy. Since your father passed and Mr. Kim brought you to my studio, I've looked after you as if you were my own. I know when something's bothering you. Out with it." Master Choi said. 

"That's funny." Hyunseung said as he chuckled. 

"What is?" Master Choi asked. 

"You called me Hyunseung. You haven't called me that since the day we met. It's always been JS ever since I mastered Johk Sool and Mr. Kim gave me the nickname Jay Stomp." Hyunseung said as he smiled. 

"Mastering such techniques at such a young age." Master Choi began while smiling as he reminisced. "You really were a genius.....and you still are. This is why I don't understand why it's taking you such a long time to master Soo Ki. Talk to me my boy."

As Hyunseung looked up to look into his Master's eyes, he was greeted with pity and worry. Thinking it over once more his mind flashed back to that night again. 

__________________________

'What the hell?' Hyunseung thought. 

"L please, let me go! I'm sorry!" pleaded the grunt. 

"You're weak. I was taught never to take pity on the weak." L said emotionless as he tightened his grip as the grunt released a blood curdling cry. 

"Don't you ever, and I mean ever touch me again. Understand." L said cooly as he kept squeezing until a loud crack echoed through the parking lot. As he finally released his hand, the grunt instantly fell to the ground screaming in excruciating pain. 

__________________________

'He moved so quick that night. If I ever had to go up against him he would break me like a twig. I don't possess the techniques to take him on and I know I'll come across him again. He won't stop till he gets his hands on Hyuna, I know it just by how he looked at her. But I can't let Master know this.' he thought. 

Little did Hyunseung know, Master Choi was studying every facial movement he made.  

"You're in this slump cause you're starting to question your strength." Master Choi said as he begun to lift himself up. 

Stunned, Hyunseung immediately looked over to Master Choi, only to be greeted with his gaze and a knowing smile. 'How did he?' he thought. 

"How did I know, you ask?" he replied. 

Shocked again by Master Choi's reply, his eyes widen as he tried to come up with an excuse. 'A mind reader?'

"No I'm not a mind reader." Master Choi said as he watched Hyunseung being internally inflicted, fully amused by the scene going on before him. He began to walk to the other side of his studio where his meditation area was. As he arrived he sat on his mat and began to meditate. "I know you boy, like I've said before, it's as if you're my son." 

Fully standing now, he made his way towards his master. "Yes but how did you know it was that?" Hyunseung asked. 

"Cause the face you were making moments ago as you were deep in thought was the same one you made when Kim brought you here. Do you remember what you told me that day?" Master Choi said as he faintly smiled remembering that sweet moment. 

__________________________

"Ok Choi, I've brought you a new student! Meet Jang Hyunseung." Mr. Kim said as he grabbed Hyunseung who was standing behind him and proudly snuggled him up to his side. "You'll love him, just like I do. The boy is truly something, my guardian angel who watches over my princess. Since his father passed though he's been quiet, so I thought you could help him branch out of his shell." 

Seeing the young man clutching onto  Kim, amused Choi. Just a quick glance and one would think 'great how am I gonna teach the art of Kuk Sool Won to this spineless little brat' but taking a deeper look at him, his eyes, something about them brought you in. Fire and ambition were evident. The boy wanted to prove himself he just didn't know how to. Explaining why he clutched onto Kim. 

Choi smiled internally and walked over to the young boy and kneeled in front of him bringing them at eye level. 

"Okay I'll take you as my student. But first you have to prove to me you can let go of Kim." he said. Within seconds Hyunseung released his grip. 

"Good now I want you to walk to the center of the mat." Choi said to which Hyunseung complied. "Now Hyunseung do you know what You Won Hwa means?" he asked to which the boy shook his head. 

"You, symbolizes adaptability and softness as well as power. Won suggest that there is a personal circle around you, and that one should always be active and ready to redirect aggression. The third and final part, Hwa, represents the desire to achieve harmony between mind and body. The idea is to combine these three aspects and use them to govern all of your  movements. This is what moves me, my air to my lungs, my oxygen,  now tell me what moves you?" 

Hyunseung stared around the studio, paranoid that his answer wouldn't satisfy his question. His breathing became irregular, at some point he actually stooped breathing Picking up on his distress Choi sought to resolve his state. 

"Close your eyes my boy, and just relax." Choi said to which Hyunseung complied. As he stood in front him with his eyes closed, he gently released his breath and entered a calm state of mind. "Now tell me." 

"My Venus...that's what moves me. But I'm not strong enough to protect her." the boy replied. 

Both stunned by what he was talking about, Choi and Kim just stared at him until Choi understood what he meant. 

'My mother used to tell me that if you could find your Venus, then that force can drive you to the ends of the world. To think he found it at such a young age. This kid is truly something.' Choi thought as he approached Hyunseung and placed his hand on his shoulder. 

"I'll help you become strong enough for your Venus."

__________________________

"Your Venus is in danger? Just answer it with a yes or no cause that's all I need to know." Master Choi asked. 

With a deep breath, Hyunseung nodded his head. 

"Ok." Choi said as he stood up. "It's time." 

"Huh?" Hyunseung asked dumbfounded. 

"Come with me."

__________________________

"My god! You're just amazing my boy!" Mr. Kim yelled. 

"Sir, please I'm just doing my job."

"But my god, you're such a genius. Intelligent, Wealthy, and Respectful! Tell me again why you're single?!" Mr. Kim yelled. 

"I don't know." he chuckled. "I guess I haven't been the right choice for some girls."

"Well I'll tell you, hiring you a month ago as my Vice President was the best choice I ever made! To think your last company threw such a precious jewel away! Well like they say another man's trash is another man's treasure." Mr. Kim boasted. 

"I guess so." he laughed. 

"You know what I want you to come over tonight. I want you to meet my daughter. Out of all of the young men I've met, I've never found someone more worthy of my daughter. What do you say?" Mr. Kim said as he patted the guy's back. "Huh? Come on say you'll come Light."

Displaying his signature smile he looked over to Mr. Kim. "I'd love to Mr. Kim." L said. 

__________________________

So since its my birthday today....I decided to give you guys a new LONG chapter!! Yea!! So hope you guys like it ;) and don't forget to comment and subscribe. 

P.S. don't forget to check out 'It's Not Me, It's Destiny'.......after its back up on AFF -.- dumb maintenance. Well later guys, Alex out.