Venus

Forbidden Love

The birds were chirping as a nice summer breeze blew across the park. It was a perfect day to be outside and to be simply loving the elegance nature bestows upon the world. So it wasn't surprising when two rambunctious children were running behind each other in the park.   

Little Hyuna was right in pursuit of Hyunseung so that she could tag him. 

"Oppa! I'm gonna get you!" Hyuna yelled cheerfully. 

"You wish! I'm never gonna be it! You'll never catch me! Ha Ha Ha!" Hyunseung responded with a teasing chuckle. 

Hyuna angered by Hyunseung's teasing increased her speed, just as she was close to approaching him, she slipped on a rock that was placed in her path. Instantly her knee was scraped as she landed on the cement ground. 

"Owwww!" Hyuna yelled as she began to cry hysterically stopping Hyunseung in his tracks. 

Hyunseung's father, who had brought the two to the park and was watching them from afar, quickly made his way towards her. 

Hyunseung however beat him to it as he slid to kneel beside Hyuna. As Hyunseung's father approach the two he began to panic. 

"Oh my Ms. Hyuna is hurt. What am I to do?! If her father sees her like this, he'll have my throat and that we'll be the end of us, Hyunseungie. Oh dear we'll have to leave their home...we'll be homeless!" Hyunseung's father cried out. 

Hyunseung however was more preoccupied with Hyuna rather than listening to his father babble, since he knew he loved to exaggerate matters worse than what they really were. 

"Hyuna? May I take a better look at your knee?" Hyunseung cooed sweetly to which Hyuna responded with a sniffle and a nod. Taking a good look at it, it was nothing more than a little scratch. 

Hyunseung's dad however was to busy panicking to notice, causing Hyunseung to get slightly irritated. "Papa! Calm down it just a scratch, she's gonna be fine." 

"Really?! Oh thank goodness!" cried his father happily. 

Hyunseung then proceeded to dig through his pockets for the first aid kit. Since he's known Hyuna, Hyunseung learned early on that she was a klutz who was always getting hurt so to take matters into his own hands, he would always carry a first aid kit. As he proceeded to open it to take out the materials he was going to need he began to chuckle. 

"Hey, what's so funny?!" his dad cried. 

"Papa it's a good thing you decided to be a butler than a doctor. Those poor patients would have suffered with you." Hyunseung finished with a smirk which caused a little smile out of Hyuna. 

"Real funny son, keeping making fun of your poor old man." his dad said with crossed arms. 

Hyunseung gave his dad an innocent smile before turning to Hyuna to give her his undivided attention. 

"Okay Hyuna, all I'm gonna do is spray your knee with this antibiotic and then place a bandage over the cut alright?" he said sweetly. 

Hyunseung's voice has always been able to calm Hyuna down, so at this moment she wasn't scared in whatever he had to do to heal her. 

"Ok this spray might sting a little, so here hold my hand. If you feel pain just squeeze my hand real tight and before you know it, it'll be over." Hyunseung said with a smile as held out his hand which she gently grasped. 

Once he had a good grip on her, he carefully sprayed over the wound as Hyuna clutched onto his hand as if her life depended on it until the sting subsided. 

"You see it wasn't that bad, right?" Hyunseung said with a chuckle, to which Hyuna responded with a nod of her head and another sniffle. 

"Alright all that's left is the bandage." Hyunseung said as he proceeded to take it out of its wrapper and placed it over her wound. "You see? Doesn't that feel better?"

"A little. It still hurts though." Hyuna said as she began to dry her tears. 

"Ok then, how about if I do this?" Hyunseung responded as he leaned closer to her knee and placed a gentle kiss over her wound leaving Hyuna and his father speechless. 

"So how'd that feel?" Hyunseung said with a smile. 

"It..felt...nice. Thank-you oppa." Hyuna said with a small smile. 

"Wow! There's the smile I wanted to see! I was starting to miss it!" Hyunseung yelled causing Hyuna to laugh hysterically. "Let's make a deal then? Whenever you're hurt and that pretty smile disappears, just come to me and I'll kiss the pain away ok?" Hyunseung said as he held out his pinky. 

"Ok oppa! You have a deal!" Hyuna yelled as she grasped his pinky with her own. 

"Good! Now we won't both suffer from pain in the future." he said with a chuckle causing Hyuna to look at him weirdly. 

"But oppa? How would you be in pain if you're not hurt?" Hyuna asked. 

"Simple. From not being to see that pretty smile." Hyunseung responded genuinely. 

As the two broke out laughing, Hyunseung's father was quite amazed at what Hyunseung was saying to Hyuna. 

'My boy is only ten years old and he's making these kinds of promises.' he thought as a smile graced his lips. 'The boy could end up being a doctor since he has a knack for this but I think he has already chose his path. Well little Ms. Hyuna looks like you'll have quite the little hero from now on.'

Hyunseung then turned to glance at his father, who gave him a thumbs up. It was in that very moment he knew what he wanted to do with the rest of his life. 

'Mama said that you'll get hit with an inspiration, a Venus of some sort, that will guide you in what you want to do with your life. Turns out my Venus happen to be Hyuna. From this day on I vow to become her protector and to be there for whenever she needs me. No matter what.'